The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-26-2016, 12:28 PM   #15
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
You all are so much calmer than I would be. I would have walked out, saw where the dick parked, walked right back in and told him off. And a ding? Forget it, I would have totally lost my shit and probably smashed his windshield, at the very least I would have keyed the f*** out of his vehicle. And yes I know he's a family member, I'd probably be calmer if it was a total stranger. Family should have more respect.

You know why he always brushes it off when someone says something to him? Because no one has ever actually DONE anything about it. When someone does something so it stops being funny to him and actually costs him money/time/inconvienence, then he MIGHT think about quitting his stupid shit.
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:39 PM   #16
ender2664
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 2SS
Angry

[QUOTE=Com69;9279802]You all are so much calmer than I would be. I would have walked out, saw where the dick parked, walked right back in and told him off. And a ding? Forget it, I would have totally lost my shit and probably smashed his windshield, at the very least I would have keyed the f*** out of his vehicle. And yes I know he's a family member, I'd probably be calmer if it was a total stranger. Family should have more respect./QUOTE]

I called 4 friends and asked the what there though I'd do
1- slash his tires
2- put a tire iron through his window
3- key his car
4- put a tire iron through his window

3 of the people said they did not endorse those responses but thought it is what I'd do.
1 said I'd be justified putting the iron through his window.
ender2664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:40 PM   #17
ender2664
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post
You know why he always brushes it off when someone says something to him? Because no one has ever actually DONE anything about it. When someone does something so it stops being funny to him and actually costs him money/time/inconvienence, then he MIGHT think about quitting his stupid shit.
My thoughts exactly!
Old 08-26-2016, 12:41 PM   #18
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Not that this is really similar, but, hey, parking too close and door dings... storytime, kiddos!

I had just gotten my car (a Mitsubishi Starion) painted... got it out of the shop that day. I stopped at a store on the way home. When I came out, there was Jabba the Hut, with his door pressed up against the side of my door, as he stood next to his car, leaning in, and pressing his own door OPEN--- hard--- against my soft, fresh paint.

When arrived, and asked something that rhymes with, "Blut the fluck?!?" he just stood there. No words... a hint of a smirk, but not even a weak attempt at apology.

He then closed his door, and stepped away.

I then approached the space in between our cars, observed the deep crater he'd made in my soft paint, unlocked my door, and stepped into my car. I then proceeded to "slam my door open" against his... over and over (okay, so I was a little hot headed back then!).

Dude just stood there. I stopped my onslaught, and stared that fat fluck down. It was a wordless exchange of hate.

Then I left.

Worth every bit of chipped paint on my door edge.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:45 PM   #19
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Com69 View Post
You all are so much calmer than I would be. I would have walked out, saw where the dick parked, walked right back in and told him off. And a ding? Forget it, I would have totally lost my shit and probably smashed his windshield, at the very least I would have keyed the f*** out of his vehicle. And yes I know he's a family member, I'd probably be calmer if it was a total stranger. Family should have more respect.

IMO that is were you are going wrong. Family has nothing to do with respecting your 'car'. Maybe you as a person, but not something you own. In their eyes, it could just be something that gets you from point A to point B. They are not going to respect that it's your "baby" or "priority", as they see it as something you have owned several of and will probably buy another in a few years. Family, strangers, friends, don't care about your car, or your home, or your yard, or your tv, etc, etc. It's something that can be repaired/replaced.

Wow, so you get a ding and go ballistic and probably end up in jail with a lawsuit against all the damages you created. Because I'm sure the cops will listen to you over a ding compared to $10k worth of damages you created. Sure, that truly balances out. And if it was his 5 yr old daughter, you going to beat her face in too? You come across really like a nice guy that can stop and think before acting.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 12:49 PM   #20
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ender2664 View Post
My thoughts exactly!
most people like that, truly don't care. If it cost him money, so be it, he will pay, or time, doesn't care and will schedule accordingly. Some people just don't care about other property or priorities. That is life, and when you accept that, you have a much better approach in life. I don't have to like it, and can get mad about it, but it doesn't change them or any situation they create.

I'm a big guy, and keeping my emotions in check is something I work on.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:17 PM   #21
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
IMO that is were you are going wrong. Family has nothing to do with respecting your 'car'. Maybe you as a person, but not something you own. In their eyes, it could just be something that gets you from point A to point B. They are not going to respect that it's your "baby" or "priority", as they see it as something you have owned several of and will probably buy another in a few years. Family, strangers, friends, don't care about your car, or your home, or your yard, or your tv, etc, etc. It's something that can be repaired/replaced.

Wow, so you get a ding and go ballistic and probably end up in jail with a lawsuit against all the damages you created. Because I'm sure the cops will listen to you over a ding compared to $10k worth of damages you created. Sure, that truly balances out. And if it was his 5 yr old daughter, you going to beat her face in too? You come across really like a nice guy that can stop and think before acting.
Yup, I'd go ballistic, and my family knows it....which is why none of them would be stupid enough to pull this shit on me.

The rest of what you said is just plain dumb. Who's going to punch a 5 yr old? No one. The asshat father who parked there is responsible for any and all damage him or his offspring caused. $10k in damage? Don't know where you get your windshields from, but I strongly suggest you start shopping around. Hell, even a full body strip and repaint isn't gonna cost that. Admit it, you're the dramatic one in your family, aren't ya?

As for being a nice guy, please read my sig, ty and have a nice day!
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:43 PM   #22
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
You should carry a valve stem remover just for this situation. No property damaged or destroyed. Just a welcome to 4 flat tires when he comes out to leave. Oh, and leave one of these on his windshield.
Attached Images

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:12 PM   #23
Gerry S

Drives: 15 Chevy RS 2SS 6-Speed manual
I never drive my camaro to church because I know it's eventually going to be hit by someone backing in to hit or in your case ding. So in your case drive the tank instead there's not much that anybody can do to a tank. Leave at home your asking for trouble.
Gerry S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 03:21 PM   #24
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Not that this is really similar, but, hey, parking too close and door dings... storytime, kiddos!

I had just gotten my car (a Mitsubishi Starion) painted... got it out of the shop that day. I stopped at a store on the way home. When I came out, there was Jabba the Hut, with his door pressed up against the side of my door, as he stood next to his car, leaning in, and pressing his own door OPEN--- hard--- against my soft, fresh paint.

When arrived, and asked something that rhymes with, "Blut the fluck?!?" he just stood there. No words... a hint of a smirk, but not even a weak attempt at apology.

He then closed his door, and stepped away.

I then approached the space in between our cars, observed the deep crater he'd made in my soft paint, unlocked my door, and stepped into my car. I then proceeded to "slam my door open" against his... over and over (okay, so I was a little hot headed back then!).

Dude just stood there. I stopped my onslaught, and stared that fat fluck down. It was a wordless exchange of hate.

Then I left.

Worth every bit of chipped paint on my door edge.
I feel like this may be something I would do (still would do).
jayno20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 05:02 PM   #25
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Guys.

Doing anything to the brother in law like slash his tires is not only stupid, but it impacts this man's sister as well. They are, um, MARRIED to each other.

Being irresponsible and not caring about other people is a big huge step away from willfully damaging property belonging to your sister's family. You will be the Bad Guy to the whole family when you do that.

If this man acts like a child, treat him like a child. In front of everyone. All the time. Buy him diapers for his birthday. Ask him if he wrote a note to Santa yet. And tell your sister that the damage to your car is a problem, and that Doofus is paying to fix it, period. Tell her this nonsense must stop. The man must respect you and your property.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:08 AM   #26
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Wow, such hostility on this thread!

OP, is the ding something that got into the paint? If not check with your local PDR (Paintless Dent Repair) guy. They might be able to take care of you for something minimal like $25 and then you don't have to light the torches and grab your pitchfork yet unlike what everyone on this thread is suggesting. If the ding did get into the paint, sit him down and politely explain that you are going to file an insurance claim and that he would be listed as the party responsible. He might want to go outside of insurance and just pay you cash. However, I'd definitely let your insurance company know so that in case he doesn't pay you still have your insurance in your back pocket to go after him for the money.

Good luck collecting. I hope that you get some resolution out of the whole thing. As someone who accidentally dinged a fellow Camaro owner's car, give him a fair chance to make things right like I was given the opportunity to and if he doesn't then you can go after him.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:19 AM   #27
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Your car is a possession and your brother in law is a person.

What do you value more? people or possessions?

You need to do this gently.

Take it to a dent removal shop.

Get the work done and invite Bro Law to coffee and leave the invoice on the table.

Then casually mention your car got dinged recently and it cost you $XX to fix it.

I think he will get it unless he is thick
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:01 AM   #28
ender2664
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
Your car is a possession and your brother in law is a person.

What do you value more? people or possessions?
Depends on the person and the possession. I value my car more than my brother in law.