The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 08-19-2016, 07:56 PM   #1
KROLIS

Drives: 2017 2LT/RS & 2013 2LT/RS vert
crash

Any 1 know this car? Atlanta,ga area

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/deka...rash/426673068
KROLIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:11 PM   #2
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Damn .
Old 08-19-2016, 09:19 PM   #3
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Hope that f'tard gets serious prison time.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:32 PM   #4
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
I posted it on the camaros unlimited fb page
Old 08-19-2016, 10:49 PM   #5
SS/RS2010

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I would guess that the police should be able to check the Georgia DMV for Camaro's registered in that area and through the process of elimination determine how many are 2010-2013's and orange.
SS/RS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 10:50 PM   #6
rebelyell22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS/RS2010 View Post
I would guess that the police should be able to check the Georgia DMV for Camaro's registered in that area and through the process of elimination determine how many are 2010-2013's and orange.
The razzi kit narrows it down a lot
Old 08-20-2016, 12:53 PM   #7
Donald

Drives: Just a dream...
It the still shots I don't see any marks on the Camaro? Not saying s/he is innocent, but almost seems like the RF corner of the truck would have to be hit by the LR of the Camaro that looks untouched????
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 03:56 PM   #8
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald View Post
It the still shots I don't see any marks on the Camaro? Not saying s/he is innocent, but almost seems like the RF corner of the truck would have to be hit by the LR of the Camaro that looks untouched????

Yea appears there is more to the story the car was in front of the truck. Hmmmm. Wonder if the people in the truck were wearing seat belts?

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 04:40 PM   #9
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I think there's more to this story as well. Camaro looks to be breaking the speed limit, however it really doesn't tell us much more than that. Did the Camaro pass on the right and cut the truck off?

It looks like the truck was speeding too, and lost control...did it hit the car with the video camera? I really am not sure what the Camaro could have done to cause what happened without more information on what both cars were doing prior to when they came into frame on the video.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:48 PM   #10
ssrs2lt

Drives: too many
Wow the thump from the truck hitting the other car is almost haunting esp knowing passenger dies..I agree more to the story..the camaro driver needs step up..they'll dial the driver in
Old 08-20-2016, 05:37 PM   #11
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
The rear lower fascia is unique, not Razzi?...

The shoulder disappears leading up to the overpass, and both were moving at a high rate of speed. The lady in the Mustang said she was doing 60, the other two were way over that.

Is the left front bumper area of the Nissan pickup already messed up before it hit the Mustang? @36 seconds you can see a piece of dislocated plastic near the left rear of the pickup, looks like the camera car drove over it after it fell from one of the vehicles.

I'd venture a guess one was attempting to pass the other on the shoulder. The shoulder ended. As did the attempt.

Even if both were at fault, the Camaro driver left the scene of a fatal accident it was involved in. That's a BIG no-no.
Old 08-20-2016, 10:05 PM   #12
SS/RS2010

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
I think there's more to this story as well. Camaro looks to be breaking the speed limit, however it really doesn't tell us much more than that. Did the Camaro pass on the right and cut the truck off?

It looks like the truck was speeding too, and lost control...did it hit the car with the video camera? I really am not sure what the Camaro could have done to cause what happened without more information on what both cars were doing prior to when they came into frame on the video.

While its difficult to tell from the video other than the Camaro does appear to be traveling at a high rate of speed (the Mustang driver stated in the video she was doing around 60mph) it might be that the Camaro was coming up on the vehicle with the dash cam at a high rate of speed and changed into the right lane, possibly clipping or at least cutting off the black truck, which then caused the truck to swerve in front of the dash cam car, clip the Mustang and then continue into the median. If that were the case and the Camaro actually made contact with the black truck, any potential contact damage would be on the passenger side of the Camaro and out of view of the dash cam. And the article with the video did mention paint evidence found on the black truck from the Camaro.

Just a theory, maybe possibly the chain of events.
SS/RS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 10:45 PM   #13
rebelyell22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
The rear lower fascia is unique, not Razzi?...

The shoulder disappears leading up to the overpass, and both were moving at a high rate of speed. The lady in the Mustang said she was doing 60, the other two were way over that.

Is the left front bumper area of the Nissan pickup already messed up before it hit the Mustang? @36 seconds you can see a piece of dislocated plastic near the left rear of the pickup, looks like the camera car drove over it after it fell from one of the vehicles.

I'd venture a guess one was attempting to pass the other on the shoulder. The shoulder ended. As did the attempt.

Even if both were at fault, the Camaro driver left the scene of a fatal accident it was involved in. That's a BIG no-no.
Sinister I think. That kit uses the razzi skirts