Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-17-2010, 09:10 AM   #365
CombatVet0311

Drives: blk 2010 camaro 2ss l99
I would like to point out a few of things

1) I love the new look and performance of our stable of pony cars but

2) if you dont own a 2011 Stang or srt8 Challenger then yes, the Camaro is better.

3) sorry Ford guys but the Camaro has always looked better than the Mustang in any year that both coexisted including the vintage ones, even the ricers will tell you that.

4) I find it hilarious that the only few fast Mustangs to ever exist in my lifetime were low volume Cobras, Shellby's, ...etc, and recently the 5.0 but yet I still hear everyday about all these fast Mustangs, when in reality, the majority of them are endowed with v8s with v6 power.
CombatVet0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #366
Mr.Stang

Drives: 2011 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatVet0311 View Post

2) if you dont own a 2011 Stang or srt8 Challenger then yes, the Camaro is better.

3) sorry Ford guys but the Camaro has always looked better than the Mustang in any year that both coexisted including the vintage ones, even the ricers will tell you that.

4) I find it hilarious that the only few fast Mustangs to ever exist in my lifetime were low volume Cobras, Shellby's, ...etc, and recently the 5.0 but yet I still hear everyday about all these fast Mustangs, when in reality, the majority of them are endowed with v8s with v6 power.

To each man his own opinion.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:09 AM   #367
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Drives: 1993 Rustang
Quote:

I don't know what "your lifetime" encompasses but that has got to be one of the most moronic and unvalidated comments I have ever heard. The 5.0 was beating up on Chevy's bigger displacement 5.7 throughout the 90's. We cannot really compare the Mustang and Camaro for nearly the whole first decade of the 21st century because there weren't any Camaros. And if you're going to take what some ricers say is the better looking car as the gospel, well sorry for you there man...
REEFBLUE93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #368
CombatVet0311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Stang View Post
To each man his own opinion.
no disrespect , I think the new Mustangs are capable performers and look to be very well put together.

Even though I'm a Chevy guy, I think the new Mustang, along with the Camaro and Challenger are just what our manufacturers need, exciting cars that bring YOUNG PEOPLE to the domestic dealers (sorry old guys, God bless you all but it is the youth that must take interest in our products for us to collectively prosper).

put it like this, I Like the performance of the Stang and the look of the Challenger, so I bought the Camaro because to me it seemed like the happy medium betwixt the two.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:45 AM   #369
CombatVet0311

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
I don't know what "your lifetime" encompasses but that has got to be one of the most moronic and unvalidated comments I have ever heard. The 5.0 was beating up on Chevy's bigger displacement 5.7 throughout the 90's. We cannot really compare the Mustang and Camaro for nearly the whole first decade of the 21st century because there weren't any Camaros. And if you're going to take what some ricers say is the better looking car as the gospel, well sorry for you there man...
my lifetime is 1982 to present and I'm telling you that in my limited time on Earth, the only Mustangs worth a crap in my eyes were cobras and the new 5.0.

I know there wasn't a Camaro in the early 21st century, thats why I clearly said "when both coexisted"

The ricers are who we should be encouraging to buy American, at least now they're starting to like the Chevy more. Once they buy a Chevy I'm sure they'll start liking the Mustangs too as its more of an acquired taste.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:27 PM   #370
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
my lifetime is 1982 to present and I'm telling you that in my limited time on Earth, the only Mustangs worth a crap in my eyes were cobras and the new 5.0.

I know there wasn't a Camaro in the early 21st century, thats why I clearly said "when both coexisted"

The ricers are who we should be encouraging to buy American, at least now they're starting to like the Chevy more. Once they buy a Chevy I'm sure they'll start liking the Mustangs too as its more of an acquired taste.
I guess you didn't drive or ride in a 5.0 Fox back in the 90's. Point taken on the ricers. I have read and heard about a lot of previous import and rice owners that have switched over to the new Camaro or Mustang. The more we see of either car on the road, the better it is for Chevy and Ford as well as our Country...
Old 10-17-2010, 07:12 PM   #371
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
I would have to say in recent years the mustang has been the more popular choice/more attractive to the average consumer.

I still always preferred the camaro...but I could see how the mustang would be more attractive to some.

It is only now (besides a couple other years) that I honestly think the camaro has an obvious styling advantage. But again as others have said....this is just an opinion. But from what I have gathered/seen/read the camaro is more attractive currently IMO.

From 93-02 the mustang had the styling advantage in most peoples eyes. 82-92 was camaro IMO but was still close. The 60s and 70's were a toss up. ( I didnt really care for either from about 73-81). And obviously any given year can be made very attractive with the right adjustments. I think the fox body cars were disgusting...but they can be made to look good as well.

The challenger looks good as well...but I would still put it behind the camaro on average. With the right styling cues it can be killer (as with most cars)

The new camaro almost always looks good.

just my .02
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 07:55 PM   #372
CombatVet0311

Quote:
Originally Posted by REEFBLUE93 View Post
I guess you didn't drive or ride in a 5.0 Fox back in the 90's. Point taken on the ricers. I have read and heard about a lot of previous import and rice owners that have switched over to the new Camaro or Mustang. The more we see of either car on the road, the better it is for Chevy and Ford as well as our Country...
couldn't agree more, and yes you are correct, I've never witnessed an exhibition of power with the old 5.0s. To be honest, I really don't see them that often but thats not to say they weren't powerful. I just don't know enough about them to cast judgement one way or another.

Guys, before all the Mustang enthusiasts think I'm a jerk, I would like to remind everybody that this is an automotive rivalry. I would fully expect a Ford forum to bash my Camaro because it's fun, whats the point of playing the game if there isn't the "bad guy" to beat.

Been this way for years as most of the elder members of this forum will attest, hopefully the rivalry is alive and well long after I'm gone. In reality we all need each other to compete on engineering, design, and sales to keep the rivalry strong. Its a symbiotic relationship.

In a perfect world, the Mustang and Camaro would be just as awesome as one another and we can all be happy and frolic in the meadow, but it's not a perfect world and only the strong and pretty will prevail. The rivalry makes us stronger and prettier compared to the import competition, embrace the competition.

Sooo enough with the bonding and mushy crap, commence to bashing without further delay.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:53 PM   #373
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Not to rag on either group of people, but I have pointed out the irony before and would like to do it again because it is just so funny to me. in the years of the lt1/ls1, the mustang guys always went back to looks as their defense and the camaro guys went back to performance. The roles have been swapped now lol.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #374
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Not to rag on either group of people, but I have pointed out the irony before and would like to do it again because it is just so funny to me. in the years of the lt1/ls1, the mustang guys always went back to looks as their defense and the camaro guys went back to performance. The roles have been swapped now lol.
True. I have noticed this as well.

Except for that from 1993-2002 (especially 98-02) the difference between the mustang gt and camaro z28 stock performance was a bad dream for mustang fans.

A 99-04 GT was good for high 13's at best. 98-02 camaro high 12's at best. The cars were a second apart....that is laughable.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:09 AM   #375
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Except for that from 1993-2002 (especially 98-02) the difference between the mustang gt and camaro z28 stock performance was a bad dream for mustang fans.

A 99-04 GT was good for high 13's at best. 98-02 camaro high 12's at best. The cars were a second apart....that is laughable.
And yet Chevy got rid of the Camaro after 2002.
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #376
REEFBLUE93
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Not all Mustang guys were of that mentality. I thought the Camaros looked like catfish and the Mustangs looked like a big roller skate.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #377
ULTRAZLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
And yet Chevy got rid of the Camaro after 2002.
OR...as you have just demonstrated.

They would fall back on sales/success of the car.

The roles really have reversed now for a lot of people
Old 10-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #378
Ross L

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2LT RS
True Story Unfortunately

Had a punk in a $300 salvage-special ask at me at a stoplight if I thought driving a Camaro made my d*ck any bigger. I told him that he'd have to ask his mother.
Ross L is offline   Reply With Quote