The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-16-2021, 10:26 PM   #1
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Drives: i want a camaro
mysterious GM address in Warren Michigan

does anybody know about this address in warren, MI I looked it up and its some kind of logistics company, for the record i went to my local autoshow and saw these addresses on window stickers, and usually autoshow vehicles are sent to the Renaissance Center in Detroit, does anybody know wat it is
Attached Images

D.O.M.D1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 02:05 AM   #2
D.O.M.D1
Banned

true, true but the Cadillac dealer is still there, coincidentally its about 3 miles south of the warren tech center, maybe its a shell company that helps with distribution(back in the old days) a COPO office, one time i saw an SRX with the renaissance center address at my one of local dealers(technically the dealer did not order the car) that means some how the car was given to them or they knew somebody in GM that gave them a unit to sell
Old 10-17-2021, 03:38 AM   #3
D.O.M.D1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
The Tech Center is directly north 1 mile, up off 12 Mile.

one possibility, I remember back in the day GM offered GM managers a chance to purchase GM vehicles at a discounted rate. I don't remember the details (this was back in the early 70's), but I'd guess GM still to this day allows various GM management a way to purchase GM vehicles.

Perhaps General Motoors LLC is a office in the dealership that handles those vehicles for GM management?

I lefty a message on our Motor City Camaro web site asking that question since many of our members work for GM at the Tech Center.
Perhaps they can provide an answer??
ok, be careful ,I guess its a way to help to get cars out in the auto show circuit and when they are done with them, they give them to dealers or(in your case) give them to management, why would they crush them or give them to schools, its not like they are prototype vehicles, they are production units and saleable and not to mention somebody or a department within GM/renaissance center ordered those cars, also there is a little display in the lobby of the renaissance center and in Disney world/Test Track attraction (also had GM cars(probably the cars are not sourced form central-Florida area GM dealers)
Old 11-17-2021, 05:41 PM   #4
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I believe that this is the office where company vehicles are picked up by company car drivers. The place where I exchanged company cars is in an industrial park just north of 11 Mile Road. And as HDRDTD has noted, it is not “3 miles south” of the Tech Center. The southern border of most of the Tech Center is 12 Mile Rd. Which is exactly one mile north of 11 Mile Rd. (see what they did there?). I say “most of” the Tech Center because there is a prototype center just south of 12 Mile Rd. which in theory could be the source of the 8333 11 Mile Rd address, but to be honest, it is closer to 12 Mile Rd. and would more likely have that as an address.

So, most likely, it’s the address of the facility where company cars are exchanged. Really not a lot of mystery here.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote