Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-21-2016, 10:25 AM   #505
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLsx View Post
Sorry for my ignorance, but what does tsb stand for?

Thank you!!

HELLsx
Oh and it is GM speak for we should do a recall but we won't as it shouldn't kill anybody if it lets go...
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 07:52 PM   #506
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Technical Service Bulletin
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:03 PM   #507
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
Hmm reading this thread kind of makes you wonder about why GM might consider Catch Cans a problem....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=453272
End user installation and maintenance upkeep is a problem for the average "joe".

On the flip side of the coin, "lifetime fluids" and 100000Km+ maintenance intervals by the marketing folk is also a problem, all across the industry now, for the sake of keeping the typical 4-5 year lease folk happy.

Back to topic, Catch Cans still have nothing to do with oil pump failures, regardless if the owner installed backwards, failed to empty it, or for a sarcastic good laugh, just installed it in the engine bay, with nothing hooked up to it, just to have it as decor .
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 11:47 PM   #508
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Came late to the thread, and read the first 7 pages.

Heres how it works.

GM may in theory have to prove the mod caused the problem, BUT if they decide the mod is connected to the failure, and you dont like the answer. It then becomes your problem, and you have to take legal action.

We are now at the point where the OP has to take legal action.

For me this would be a very easy case for GM, the OP modded his PCV which is a highly tuned part of the car. To make things worse for the OP, its considered a federal crime to change any emission control system on any car.

A catch can also can cause engine problems with installed incorrectly or not maintained correctly also.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:30 AM   #509
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post

Heres how it works.

GM may in theory have to prove the mod caused the problem, BUT if they decide the mod is connected to the failure, and you dont like the answer. It then becomes your problem, and you have to take legal action.

We are now at the point where the OP has to take legal action.

For me this would be a very easy case for GM, the OP modded his PCV which is a highly tuned part of the car. To make things worse for the OP, its considered a federal crime to change any emission control system on any car.

A catch can also can cause engine problems with installed incorrectly or not maintained correctly also.
What does a CC have to do with the oil pump not pumping oil to the engine and then being started up and driven with no oil pressure?
Tenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:39 AM   #510
Camaro Dude

Quote:

Heres how it works.

GM may in theory have to prove the mod caused the problem, BUT if they decide the mod is connected to the failure, and you dont like the answer.....
What answer? That is my lone problem right there. They never gave an answer, as to WHY they feel the catch can ruined the oil pump sticking thingy issue.

A proper answer by them, may shut many of us up.

Unless I missed it, someone please copy and paste me "the answer" from the horses mouth.

I mean, the problem here is that they are not reacting to the question. They are merely answering to the situation, but ignoring the real question, hence to many of us, not classified as an answer.

Indeed this may become a war, of who uses the best words in a legal action, but it's quite clear who the caniver is, if it continues down that path.

For God's sake, a proper answer to the question please, and it will shut many of us up, regardless if we don't like the answer .
Old 05-22-2016, 03:46 AM   #511
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
What does a CC have to do with the oil pump not pumping oil to the engine and then being started up and driven with no oil pressure?
thats the thing that people like you will never understand.

It does not matter what caused what,GM has the right to deny. If you have a problem, you are welcome to use the court system.

Of course this catch can didn't cause the problem.

of course your tune didn't cause the problem

of course your aftermarket rims and tires didn't cause the problem.

same threads different days.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 10:55 AM   #512
Chevy Fanatic

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IOM/PEARL STRIPES-6M
Quote:
Please explain what those engine problems would be? Please be very specific and get as technical as you like.
Whipple S/C, 3.750 pulley, JRE rough idle blower cam kit, Trunion upgrade, C5R timing chain, LS2 chain dampner, Melling 10296, Dynatech 1 7/8 LT headers, OR pipes, Dual valve RX catch can, ID 850 Injectors, LPE Dual fuel pump, CAI with Apex scoop, VMax ported T/B, ADM Tune 675 RWHP 560 TQ
Chevy Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:33 PM   #513
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
Quote:
Unless I missed it, someone please copy and paste me "the answer" from the horses mouth.
I believe the answer is coming from a different area of the horse.

Since this dealership has proven themselves to be sketchy, it is time to introduce them to the power of social media. You need to get on to Bing, Yahoo, Foursquare, City Search, Google+, Yahoo, Yelp, and facebook, and write 1-star reviews (with a note about 0-stars) for the terrible service that you received; as well as the bogus warranty denial. This dealer will lose more in future business from bad reviews, and damage control than a mere engine replacement would have cost them.

You wouldn't believe the amount of time, personnel and money that my company spends to mitigate just one bad review from a customer that feels cheated. The fact that we have departments in the company actively lying to customers doesn't help.

Last edited by yzark99; 05-22-2016 at 12:43 PM. Reason: more info
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 12:42 PM   #514
Camaro Dude

Quote:

It does not matter what caused what,GM has the right to deny. If you have a problem, you are welcome to use the court system.

Of course this catch can didn't cause the problem.

of course your tune didn't cause the problem

of course your aftermarket rims and tires didn't cause the problem.

same threads different days.
I catch your drift, but...

If GM's lawyer was to quote what you just wrote, the judge would toss the case out the window, .

"Same threads different days?"

I guess with that logic, let's all go do our warranty claims on a Friday afternoon(not Monday), with a bottle of wine to the Service Department, then we will never see such "Threads Of Dread" ever again on this forum.
Old 05-22-2016, 12:47 PM   #515
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
So when you thread the PVC line into a new CAI (Z/28 in this case) is that altering the emission system? That's where it came from. And I can expect a visit from some G men?
Old 05-22-2016, 12:59 PM   #516
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
Unless it came that way from the factory, technically yes. No to the second part, at least today. Who can foresee future stupidity?
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:33 PM   #517
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I continue to follow these threads on this matter ,but I stopped commenting them because we really never did get enough information from the OP or GM as to why this is being denied. Nor have we gotten a definitive explanation as to what really happen with the car. Then the OP rolls over and caves. Now I'm reading that he decided to fight it again. Why don't you do us all a favor and collect all of these threads into one place and then give us some real information if you want us to stay involved with this fight. All this back and fourth along with all the speculation is going to cause this topic to head for the abyss. I know it's jumping the shark for me.

Good luck OP. Hope you can some type of satisfaction in the end.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 01:36 PM   #518
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
Quote:
WOW that's a not-so-subliminal swipe at the doddering masses.

hi mike. i see you are from Michigan and drive a C7. interesting.