Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-09-2011, 08:16 PM   #15
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
that looks like a plastic cover.add reads that it is weatherproof,but i would say it won't last very long.i think it may tear very easy.you would be better off to get a decent cover.it may save you money in the long run.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:52 PM   #16
gotpball44
Boost Is Your Friend

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 1SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to gotpball44
Lol you guys do know that it is my car in the picture on the ebay ad right? The car cover is great and well worth it. Have tried a lot of car covers in the past for my other cars. It has a plastic feeling top layer so no water will get through. Then has 4 more soft layers underneath so it wont scratch your car. Its pretty cool because when its raining hard, your car stays completely dry. I hate those other outdoor ones that get all soaked when it rains. I don't have a garage to park in and a black car so I use this all the time. It is practically a perfect fit for the camaro too which is good. The only complaint about the cover is that its not as breathable as others, but i knew that coming in because of the fully water proof top layer. Its very durable too, not a single tear and been running it for a really long time. Even in high winds. If any of you want to see it in person just let me know.

They also have one that is only 4 layers but exactly the same, i would actually just get the cheaper 4 layer one, because u wont even tell the difference. Only 57 bucks

O and its easy to clean the top layer, just put it on your car, and wash it like your washing your car lol. Use a rag and car wash soap and rinse it off. Some of your neighbors might look at you funny cause u are washing your car with a cover on haha. The best part is that your car wont get wet.
gotpball44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:06 PM   #17
meb885

Drives: 13 CRT 2SS-1LE/06 Trailblazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotpball44 View Post
Lol you guys do know that it is my car in the picture on the ebay ad right? The car cover is great and well worth it. Have tried a lot of car covers in the past for my other cars. It has a plastic feeling top layer so no water will get through. Then has 4 more soft layers underneath so it wont scratch your car. Its pretty cool because when its raining hard, your car stays completely dry. I hate those other outdoor ones that get all soaked when it rains. I don't have a garage to park in and a black car so I use this all the time. It is practically a perfect fit for the camaro too which is good. The only complaint about the cover is that its not as breathable as others, but i knew that coming in because of the fully water proof top layer. Its very durable too, not a single tear and been running it for a really long time. Even in high winds. If any of you want to see it in person just let me know.

They also have one that is only 4 layers but exactly the same, i would actually just get the cheaper 4 layer one, because u wont even tell the difference. Only 57 bucks

O and its easy to clean the top layer, just put it on your car, and wash it like your washing your car lol. Use a rag and car wash soap and rinse it off. Some of your neighbors might look at you funny cause u are washing your car with a cover on haha. The best part is that your car wont get wet.
this is GREAT info!!!!!
Planned Upgrades Soon:De-Chrome (Black outs),
TEAM LS3
2010 2LT VIN#165 Traded In, 2010 2SS VIN#42415 Traded In
meb885 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:49 AM   #18
JBuzzy11

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green
if you guys are putting cloth on your cars be careful, depending what area of the country you live in. the material can get wet freeze and get stuck to your paint.
I have never seen it but have heard a few storys about it.

Injen CAI, JBA headers, MRT V1.0 exhaust, Trifecta tune.
JBuzzy11 is offline   Reply With Quote