Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-15-2015, 03:55 PM   #15
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Well, OP, to answer your question about the install price, I'll take a shot at it. I would guess a minimum charge of 2 hours labor per vent so... $300 total????
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:06 PM   #16
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
BADFINGER=YOU are bad-3rd pic rocked
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:28 PM   #17
Badfinger

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyD View Post
BADFINGER=YOU are bad-3rd pic rocked
Thanks freddy!

Spike, thanks for the pic man that car is awesome! Do the rear ones have to cutout or do they just go on top? Do you get any wind noise?

Thanks
Badfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:31 PM   #18
CyberGreyConvertible
Dunder Mifflin Inc.

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Well, OP, to answer your question about the install price, I'll take a shot at it. I would guess a minimum charge of 2 hours labor per vent so... $300 total????

Thank you for answering me, first one to do so, Hahahaha. $300 isn't bad at all, I may definitely pull the trigger on this..
CyberGreyConvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:58 PM   #19
Badfinger

OP, I'm not trying to discourage you but besides install they will have to be prepped, primed, painted, and clear coated. I hope I'm wrong but some colors can only be purchased by the quart and the last price I checked cyber gray was $200 for PPG Global and that can be expensive if you're only doing two pieces. For a $139 have them paint them.

Good luck!

Last edited by Badfinger; 12-15-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:36 PM   #20
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Spike III Build 2011 IBM 1SS/RS [COTW 6/25/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfinger View Post
Thanks freddy!

Spike, thanks for the pic man that car is awesome! Do the rear ones have to cutout or do they just go on top? Do you get any wind noise?

Thanks
The rear ones are not functional. I got them from Phastek. But like I said they look good to me an a lot of others. I have figured out a way to vent them thru the Gills. I'm still working on the drawing & install.
The gills will have to be cut out though.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:10 PM   #21
Badfinger

That sounds pretty cool. be sure to do a post when you're ready I'd reallly like to see it.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:28 PM   #22
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I have a friend at work with these on his blue Camaro and a Razzi body kit, it looks pretty nice but I like other kits besides the Havoc look myself. He painted the grills in the front fender vents red to match other red accents. And well its all in the look you want, it modernizes the look compared to retro....
Old 12-15-2015, 07:09 PM   #23
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
The rear ones are not functional. I got them from Phastek. But like I said they look good to me an a lot of others. I have figured out a way to vent them thru the Gills. I'm still working on the drawing & install.
The gills will have to be cut out though.
I was thinking about doing this years ago until I read that doing so exposes the interior right behind the back seat. If you don't remove the interior and do some fabricating to seal it up, you will get a lot of air and water coming into the car.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:53 PM   #24
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
I was thinking about doing this years ago until I read that doing so exposes the interior right behind the back seat. If you don't remove the interior and do some fabricating to seal it up, you will get a lot of air and water coming into the car.
I'm almost sure with the whole back seat out & the trunk plus rear section. Looking at the fabricating end of it seems like a 2 piece section it my be done. All I can do is work at it & hope for the best.

True what your saying.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:23 PM   #25
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
No way was I going to try to install the vents myself. I tend to get impatient when things aren't working like I want them too. I had a local body shop do the painting and install, they did a perfect job. I bought the vents and they charged me $250 total.

Here is a pic of them installed:
Attached Images

OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 10:56 AM   #26
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfinger View Post
Go with the painted ones and install yourself, just take your time it's really very easy to do.

Do you think they make my spoiler look small?
Holy crap that's a big hole!! I think that's nearly half of the fender cut away. The end result looks good though.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote