#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-24-2018, 10:29 AM   #57
BMWM.D.

Drives: ZL1/335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by angryBits View Post
Oh my I just read that ENTIRE thread... all 19 pages. Wow.
His issue was tires.

HOWEVER -- there was some mention in that thread of a software update to help resolve something about some left/right back and forth.

Someone said that the update is only applied if a customer complains. So maybe you're missing that software update?
I tried to get more info from Ted on the ‘trammeling’ thing, but he had no additional info. I’ve checked service bulletins, and still nothing. I was hoping it was some early engineering info that would eventually turn into a regular bulletin — but it’s been a while now.

My car does it once in a while, and it’s not alignment related. I really do think it’s a calibration thing with the E diff.
BMWM.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:57 AM   #58
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
I tried to get more info from Ted on the ‘trammeling’ thing, but he had no additional info. I’ve checked service bulletins, and still nothing. I was hoping it was some early engineering info that would eventually turn into a regular bulletin — but it’s been a while now.

My car does it once in a while, and it’s not alignment related. I really do think it’s a calibration thing with the E diff.
tramlining ?

Could also be tires. I know the OP said they tried tires, but if you have not tried different tires, its worth a shot.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 06:56 AM   #59
DANACO

Drives: 18 ZL1
Quote:
tramlining ?

Could also be tires. I know the OP said they tried tires, but if you have not tried different tires, its worth a shot.
The OEM Good Years definitely do tramline, severely sometimes, going to the PS4’s eliminated it.
DANACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 09:38 AM   #60
hjdca

Drives: 2015 Z/28 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANACO View Post
The OEM Good Years definitely do tramline, severely sometimes, going to the PS4’s eliminated it.
Yes, what he said.... All square shoulder track tires tram-line. All of them, so, trying various track tires will not help tram-lining. This square shoulder is what makes them so precise for turning, they can actually turn on a "dime", but, alas, this square shoulder is precisely the design that makes them grab lines on the road. Street tires like the Michelin Ps4s which have a rounded shoulder with slits in them completely eliminate tram-lining, but, you loose that really precise turning feel. It does not feel like you can turn on a dime anymore, more like a dollar bill. This was the case on my Z/28. Tram-line like crazy with the Trefeos. No tram-lining at all with the Michelin Ps4s.

Note: The torsen rear end should not feel squirrely at all. At speed while letting off or hitting it, the rear end should feel pretty planted. My Z/28 rear will skip around at WOT when it hits big bumps, but, it always settles down straight and true. Even in a high speed turn, while releasing or hitting the gas, the rear end should not upset the car too much. If the rear feels loose, check your bushings.
hjdca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 03:40 PM   #61
BMWM.D.

Quote:
tramlining ?

‘Trammeling’ is the term that Ted said some type of GM service info contained. GM’s words, not mine. That’s what he said had an update for the E-diff module. I still don’t know what he was talking about, as nobody else has had luck finding it.. Even then, he said his 1LE still still did what we describe after the update and new tires.

But for the record, my car is solid other than it occasionally doing that rear steer thing under hard acceleration from a roll. That’s how I describe it. It doesn’t tramline (what I call it) in the typical sense. I know what that feels like, and this isn’t that.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:54 AM   #62
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
I had the same issue on my twin turbo 5th gen, Always happened on a roll at any speed when there was almost enough HP to break the tires loose but they don't. I once thought it was because subframes solid bushings I installed maybe I didn't get the the long bolts torqued down enough because it seemed to happen just after I dropped the cradle and installed them. But it also could of been just to much power for the suspension because it happened at about the time I went to the turbos as well.

I didn't notice it in the 6 gen until I added 100 rwhp... I complimented the 6 gen and was glad it didn't do that wiggle but, once I added the power it cropt up. I have had different tires and alignments and it still going on.

I felt it on the wifes SS to her Axle broke a few months ago once they replaced the Axle it seems to be gone now maybe there are some bolts somewhere that they removed for the repair and torqued down again.

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 11:20 AM   #63
wlsmoku

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
Mine do it as well, but when I run my drag radials on it, I have ZERO issue...straight as an arrow from any mph.
wlsmoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 03:24 PM   #64
angryBits

Drives: ZL1 1LE A10
I think this thread is talking about multiple issues.

Tramlining - When the car is pulled left and right abruptly by the grain of the road.

Then some are experiencing something else unrelated to tires. Possibly torque steer or ediff issues.

Current: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Mods: MPS4s Tires | Borla Atak | CF Steering Wheel
Previous: 2018 ZL1 1LE M6 | 2017 Z06 Z07 M7 | 2017 GS A8 | 2015 ZL1 M6 | 2013 GT500
angryBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 07:29 AM   #65
Mikael

Drives: Awsome
My v3 has only 500miles and it does it too, tried diffrent tires and i have Done an alligment , so it must be somthimg with the LSD, i can go faster in my wifes Volvo...
Mikael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 11:13 AM   #66
BMWM.D.

Quote:
I think this thread is talking about multiple issues.

Tramlining - When the car is pulled left and right abruptly by the grain of the road.

Then some are experiencing something else unrelated to tires. Possibly torque steer or ediff issues.
There’s a whole bunch of threads on the weird rear torque steer thing. That’s what pretty much everyone is talking about. It really only happens when nailing it from a roll at a certain speed. To me, it feels like the E-diff.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:21 AM   #67
BMWM.D.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=46
Old 12-28-2018, 03:27 PM   #68
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWM.D. View Post
There’s a whole bunch of threads on the weird rear torque steer thing. That’s what pretty much everyone is talking about. It really only happens when nailing it from a roll at a certain speed. To me, it feels like the E-diff.
And in most cases it's the tires.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 11:16 AM   #69
Woodchip

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS /SS IBM M6/2018 ZL1
I feel it has something with the elsd and steering angle is,because straight acceleration is fine just when I go to pass someone quickly it jumps left as soon as I turn the wheel to get in the passing lane,also I changed tires to Pirelli's still the same

Last edited by Woodchip; 12-29-2018 at 05:30 PM.
Woodchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 02:19 PM   #70
brad65ford

Drives: 2018 Zl1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonabite View Post
Thats not the problem. Happens on a completely flat road surface I.E. drag strip and runway. Just a ESM said I too came out of a Gen V Viper and never experienced this on any road. I get the grooves on the road and wide tires. This is not the same.

I have had 3 different sets of tires on this car and two alignments and the car as just over 4,000 miles on it over 3 years.

When your laying the power down this happens not just driving down the road casually.

So some where along the way the car is torquing when power is applied, like I also said it has gotten worse with the more power I add. Im over 950 RWHP and its sketchy at times.

Its frustrating 30 years of driving high performance cars with many making over 700 to the ground and never anything like this.

Its a flaw somewhere.

This! 100 percent agree.
brad65ford is offline   Reply With Quote