Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 09-26-2019, 06:57 AM   #15
ac-427

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline Convertible
My click on hard right turns turned into a bang and then a clunk while driving at any speed so I took my 2018 SS Vert to my dealer. The issue was addressed by tightening the front strut bolts resulting in no more click, clunk, or bang. My baby is now back to the status of being the quietest, tightest convertible I've ever owned.
ac-427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 03:34 PM   #16
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac-427 View Post
My click on hard right turns turned into a bang and then a clunk while driving at any speed so I took my 2018 SS Vert to my dealer. The issue was addressed by tightening the front strut bolts resulting in no more click, clunk, or bang. My baby is now back to the status of being the quietest, tightest convertible I've ever owned.

By the front strut bolts, do you mean the two bolts+nuts that fastens the strut to the knuckle? Just curious.

Mine has been clicking as well, and I have had the wheels off and cleaned them thoroughly and re-tightened. Felt like it did help some, but it is not completely gone. I cannot hear it unless I open the windows.
mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:45 PM   #17
Whitespeed

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE & 1973 Datsun 240Z
I don't buy this corrosion hypothesis. On the 1LE's, you have an aluminum wheel bolted to an anodized aluminum brake rotor hat. No significant amount of corrosion is going to form there, and the 1LE's still have the repeated clicking noises. It's due to whatever grease it is that they apply to the wheel hub face, which causes a stick-slip action and the clicking is the wheel hitting the hub pilot. You have to be very thorough when cleaning the grease off. Use lacquer thinner and keep wiping it down until a clean rag stays clean.

Nigel
Whitespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 08:01 AM   #18
ac-427

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS Redline Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodbytes View Post
By the front strut bolts, do you mean the two bolts+nuts that fastens the strut to the knuckle? Just curious.

Mine has been clicking as well, and I have had the wheels off and cleaned them thoroughly and re-tightened. Felt like it did help some, but it is not completely gone. I cannot hear it unless I open the windows.
Good question, I looked at the repair paperwork but it does not specify any detail beyond what I reported.
ac-427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 11:21 PM   #19
RoninSS

Drives: 2019 SS1LE Garnet Red../Silver CL30
I was able to fix the ticking on the front left by following the above recommended procedure. However the front right still makes the ticking noise during a hard corner. Question is will this cause any damage or is it just an annoyance?
RoninSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:47 PM   #20
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoninSS View Post
I was able to fix the ticking on the front left by following the above recommended procedure. However the front right still makes the ticking noise during a hard corner. Question is will this cause any damage or is it just an annoyance?
Check the axle nut as well. 36mm socket, 250 ft-lbs.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520219
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 11:27 AM   #21
mrgoodbytes

Drives: '18 2SS/EU (+Recaros) M6 Red Hot
On mine, it is pretty evident from the outside that the clicking is coming from the front wheels/brakes/suspension area
mrgoodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 12:18 PM   #22
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
I know my wheels are torqued to at least 130 ft lbs. Mine is doing it now, I am gonna pull the wheels this weekend and clean every thing up but also order the BMR sway bar end links as well and get rid of the weak OEM ones.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote