The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #29
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
If you resist arrest, even if the arrest is unconstitutional, you can still be charged with the crime of actually resisting arrest.

You guys are just assuming this guy was a cop because he said he was a cop. He doesn't even look like a security guard.
I'll take my chances, he presented no ID nor badge. I'm not just going to be handcuffed by a random person claiming to be law enforcement, while not breaking any laws. What I will do is sit there and tell him to grab his supervisor as I record it on video. All the victim is missing is skittles and i'm certain he would have gotten shot.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:45 AM   #30
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
Wow, I'm sorry, but anybody comes up to me claiming he's a cop and offers up nothing to prove, then treats me like that.... Oh boy he will get a wake up call if he touches me.
Well then, I hope you have a good lawyer because assaulting a police officer is a hefty crime
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:46 AM   #31
bw26ss
Banned

Drives: ss camaro
I would have decked that "officer" and took off.
bw26ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:02 AM   #32
supercharged zl1

Drives: '13 camaro zl1 '08 daytona charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11fastss View Post
I would have decked that "officer" and took off.
I don't think he was an police officer maybe he was the store owner with handcuffs and called the police with his cell phone. Lol at the drunk guy
supercharged zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:26 AM   #33
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Public intoxication is a crime...no matter what you happen to be drinking at the time of the arrest. And there is a reason that the guy is filming all of this...perhaps the store owner had already asked the gentleman to leave his property and the gentleman refused...or perhaps this is known location for drug deals to go down...or maybe the guy had been panhandling from legitimate store customers which is a common occurrence these days. Since we have no idea what transpired before the video began...we should not jump to the conclusion that the cop (who appears to be undercover) was the one in the wrong here...because he does identify himself as a police officer and he does flash his badge several times. I see nothing in this video that makes this a case of racism.

Last edited by Envy; 05-05-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #34
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter11 View Post
Well then, I hope you have a good lawyer because assaulting a police officer is a hefty crime
Until he presents proof of being a police officer, he is Jo schmo to me. This cop is playing a very dangerous game. He should have called a uniformed police officer to take care of the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Public intoxication is a crime...no matter what you happen to be drinking at the time of the arrest. And there is a reason that the guy is filming all of this...perhaps the store owner had already asked the gentleman to leave his property and the gentleman refused...or perhaps this is known location for drug deals to go down...or maybe the guy had been panhandling from legitimate store customers which is a common occurrence these days. Since we have no idea what transpired before the video began...we should not jump to the conclusion that the cop (who appears to be undercover) was the one in the wrong here...because he does identify himself as a police officer and he does flash his badge several times. I see nothing in this video that makes this a case of racism.
Maybe watching this on my phone, I couldn't see the badge. I certainly didn't see one. My bad.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #35
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:

...because he does identify himself as a police officer and he does flash his badge several times.
@ ~ 2:10 he points to something on his belt that may or may not be a badge.... even if it is a badge, it may not be a police officers badge. That's the only time he flashed anything, and still didn't see it on cam.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:08 AM   #36
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Do you think he broke any laws?
Yes. He broke two visible laws pretty early in the video.

Soliciting, which in NC is an arrestable offense if the store manager wishes to pursue it. He even admits to this in an interview. That he wasn't there to shop, he was just there to shoot a video and was just hanging around. Before the video the manager could have told them to stop filming and to leave which would explain why the officer was there to start with.

And the second is trespassing. He was told numerous times to leave the property. Per NC law, after you are told ONE time to leave, failure to do so immediately is trespassing.

We also have to remember that this particular ABC store calls in numerous complaints everyday of people buying beer and drinking it out in the parking lot which is against the law. Seeing as it's an everyday occurrence, if an officer is walking through the parking lot and sees someone drinking out of a can it would be safe to assume that the same thing is happening again which would spur the questioning.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #37
redhotcandy

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
From their website:

Welcome to the Cumberland County Alcoholic Beverage Control Board's Official Website.

Purpose

The purpose of this site is to provide you with information regarding services, products, ABC operations, revenue, programs, store locations, hours of operation, employment opportunities, and links of interest concerning alcohol beverages and control.

The purpose of this Board is to enforce the alcohol laws by preventing the sale of alcohol to underage individuals or to alcohol impaired individuals; and, to provide the customers of Cumberland County ABC Stores with the best possible customer service, variety of products, and clean stores to make your shopping experience more enjoyable.

I agree, he was breaking laws prior to the officer coming into the scenario.

1) Loitering
2) Disturbing the Peace

then:

3) Resisting Arrest
4) Possibly Inciting a Riot

IF there was alcohol in the can:

5) Consuming alcohol on private property

#3 could have been avoided if he had nothing to hide...show the man the container and be on your way.

But, it's very convienent isn't it, that they just "happened" to be filming a supposed video and the black man gets harrassed by the white man? Hmmm, interesting. I'm sure we'll see that introduced into a B rated video somewhere.

I see the officer being used as a prop for the video. He got sucked up into a situation that shed a bad light on him and other cops.

From the comments of many in this thread, it's my opinion, if you want to bash the cop(s), know what you're talking about before you open your mouth!

redhotcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #38
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
@ ~ 2:10 he points to something on his belt that may or may not be a badge.... even if it is a badge, it may not be a police officers badge. That's the only time he flashed anything, and still didn't see it on cam.
Correct...he pulls back his shirt and shows the man his badge at 2:10...which isn't very visible on the video to us viewers but I assure you that it was more than obvious to the perp. Then at 4:04 the officer turns and the wind blows his shirt...making his badge more than obvious on the video.

Perhaps some of you don't realize that once a police officer identifies himself to you and issues a request to you...it IS a BIG mistake not to oblige. I found this out the hard way once when a police officer told me he wanted to talk to me at an AT&T store. Because I hadn't done a thing...I exited the store and proceeded to walk to my car...and within seconds I found myself being treated the exact same way this guy was and minutes later there were several squad cars surrounding me in the parking lot. I was questioned and released 25 minutes later without being taken into custody...because like I said...I didn't do ANYTHING WRONG...but I did learn an important lesson that day...do what a cop says or find yourself in handcuffs.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:06 AM   #39
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Now...I'm surprised that guy without providing proper identification as an officer didnt get beat to a pulp by all the people watching. I know in most areas, a guy of different ethnicity attacking a guy of the prominent local ethnicity wouldn't go well.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #40
redhotcandy

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
If he's making a new video, I sure hope it's better than this waste of internet space...awful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...e0ymtF4#t=235s

As you can see, they have priors of loitering in, around and on private property. Or so it seems...perhaps they had permission. idk.
redhotcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #41
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Like you said "Since we have no idea what transpired" i wouldn't feed much into it. The guy was a rapper..and they're known to always be filming or getting loud in public. These type of things happen all the time in society. Just rarely you'll hear about something stupid like this on the news.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #42
tc Bosnian

Drives: 09 a4 1500 silverado 2010 2ss rs
This is such bullshit, that man needs to be suspended or worse for authority abuse. Lets say he showed him the "badge" at 2:10 which he did not very clearly but he did. Its not hard to find a badge that looks real. Especially if you dont represent it visibly. Now I'm not against cops, I have couple buddies that are cops. This is just abusing the power of a po po.

465 WHP and 445 torque.
tc Bosnian is offline   Reply With Quote