Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-15-2017, 09:27 PM   #1
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Looking at a used SS

Whats up guys. Im looking into trading in my 2013 v6 for a 2014 1SS. I test drove it and WOW! It had an aftermarket exhaust and it sounded amazing i fell in love with it 😍... BUT there was this wind noise coming from the drivers side. Salesman tried telling me some BS that it was due to the angle of the mirror 😑 anyone here have that issue with their camaro? I also want to know if the SS are pretty well built? Ive had 0 issues with my v6 and i hope the v8 doesnt give me any problems. Thanks
Old 08-15-2017, 09:36 PM   #2
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Not sure what the wind could be, maybe weather strip acting up or window not raised fully? As far as build quality, the SS is built like a tank so no worries there. Of course it certainly helps if the previous owner(s) looked after it properly.
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:37 PM   #3
alrock

Drives: 2015 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
I have wind noise in my vertical that comes through the triangular seal at the front of the side window. You can test this by pressing on it as the noise appears

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
alrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:38 PM   #4
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Oh both the windows were down. It was quite annoying... thats good to know, thanks
Old 08-15-2017, 09:42 PM   #5
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
Oh both the windows were down. It was quite annoying... thats good to know, thanks
Both windows were down and you were getting wind noise? Hmmm

Just kidding. I think I know what you're referring to, however I have no idea on what might be causing that. I hope you find your answer!
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:10 AM   #6
samman11

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
It's the fierce wind coming in because of the V8 vs the gentle wind he was used to with the V6.
samman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #7
BOOSTT

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS "Hot Wheels"
Mine has started falling apart at 14K miles. 2013 HotWheels 2SS manual coupe. Seat cover is coming off. Most trim is sagging as it gets hot and clips are like rubber. Very poor interior quality. Brake master cylinder went out at 5K miles which was very dangerous. Glad I had a hand-operated safety brake. My dash is warped even though its never parked in the sun. I'll never by Chevy again. My 2002 Lexus I just sold only had the driver door lock assembly replaced. Ever... The SS is also much slower than a multitude of cheaper cars if speed is what you want. It does look good on the outside though. It is basically new, but does not even idle smoothly. It's clumsy in turns. Needs a whole interior upgrade, full suspension replaced IMHO. I'm super disappointed. My rear plastic is falling down from the rear window (sides)? The clips are too soft to hold. only 14K miles, but not covered as its a 2013. Guess I'll make my own clips so they stay on. Stereo is terrible too. GL.
BOOSTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:36 AM   #8
4ME2DRV

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
18k miles on my 2015 1SS and no issues. A couple of rattles here and there, but I was able to correct them myself. Anything with that much plastic and rubber is going to have noises. But I knew this going in to my purchase. There are a ton of people on this forum with 50k-100k miles on their SS and no big issues. Really depends very heavily on the driver/owner. If I drove mine like I stole it everyday, then I'm sure I would have issues. Mine is stock and it will remain that way, for those reasons. Good luck with your purchase. I'm still happy with mine.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:38 AM   #9
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Mine has been good, I have 44K miles, no interior problems and it has been parked in the hot sun some.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:08 AM   #10
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Just hit 57K, 2010 2SS 6spd and it's solid. A little wind noise comes from the mirrors but its nothing the radio or your right foot can't drown out. With the windows down you can kind of hear it, and if you put your hand next to the mirror it goes away a bit
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:40 AM   #11
Clammy Clemens
Z2M

Drives: Oxford White 2014 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTT View Post
Mine has started falling apart at 14K miles. 2013 HotWheels 2SS manual coupe. Seat cover is coming off. Most trim is sagging as it gets hot and clips are like rubber. Very poor interior quality. Brake master cylinder went out at 5K miles which was very dangerous. Glad I had a hand-operated safety brake. My dash is warped even though its never parked in the sun. I'll never by Chevy again. My 2002 Lexus I just sold only had the driver door lock assembly replaced. Ever... The SS is also much slower than a multitude of cheaper cars if speed is what you want. It does look good on the outside though. It is basically new, but does not even idle smoothly. It's clumsy in turns. Needs a whole interior upgrade, full suspension replaced IMHO. I'm super disappointed. My rear plastic is falling down from the rear window (sides)? The clips are too soft to hold. only 14K miles, but not covered as its a 2013. Guess I'll make my own clips so they stay on. Stereo is terrible too. GL.
I'll gladly take that Camaro off your hands.
Clammy Clemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 11:55 AM   #12
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Whats up guys. Im looking into trading in my 2013 v6 for a 2014 1SS. I test drove it and WOW! It had an aftermarket exhaust and it sounded amazing i fell in love with it ��... BUT there was this wind noise coming from the drivers side. Salesman tried telling me some BS that it was due to the angle of the mirror �� anyone here have that issue with their camaro? I also want to know if the SS are pretty well built? Ive had 0 issues with my v6 and i hope the v8 doesnt give me any problems. Thanks
IMO. yes they are well built. I bought mine new, have a heavy foot and drive my vehicles pretty hard. I have had absolutely no mechanical, electrical or other issues so far ... knock on wood.

Quote:
If you are driving with the windows down, although it will differ in level and sound from vehicle to vehicle, you're going to get 'wind noise'.

Old 08-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #13
alrock

Drives: 2015 Camaro Convertible 2SS RS
Issues in 47,000 miles: aforementioned wind leak (not addressed); rear axle seal leak, leather unstitching on steering wheel, oil pan leak. The last three were covered under warranty. I'm happy with the quality.
alrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 02:49 PM   #14
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
Both windows were down and you were getting wind noise? Hmmm

Just kidding. I think I know what you're referring to, however I have no idea on what might be causing that. I hope you find your answer!
Oh jesus. I couldn't help but laugh my ass of at this.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7Ί overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160Ί thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote