Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-12-2015, 09:52 AM   #15
DevonK

Drives: TBD
On the manual - I'd suggest try before you buy. How stiff is the clutch? Clutches on most big V8s used to be brutally stiff for DD....

Also the shifter - is it better than the one on the C7 which IMO (based admittedly on cold shifting on the showroom floor) is pretty awful?
DevonK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:58 AM   #16
harmonyp

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Silver Ice Metallic Manual
I have a 2015 ZL1 - just hanging around enjoying the fun of the new toy. My ZR1 has mrc, whereas the SS's for gen5 did not.

"If" the mrc on the gen6 is anywhere as good as the mrc on the ZL1 (and I'm presuming it is) - if you can afford it you want it. Your car will drive like a different car.

Need it - well, no. Improve the feel of the driving experience the car, every day, for the rest of the time you own the car - yes.

If I was buying, mrc and NPP performance exhaust would be #1's for me. Although the latter isn't a must as you can go aftermarket.
harmonyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 10:04 AM   #17
Drm2Reality

Drives: Possibly a 1LE in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonyp View Post
I have a 2015 ZL1 - just hanging around enjoying the fun of the new toy. My ZR1 has mrc, whereas the SS's for gen5 did not.

"If" the mrc on the gen6 is anywhere as good as the mrc on the ZL1 (and I'm presuming it is) - if you can afford it you want it. Your car will drive like a different car.

Need it - well, no. Improve the feel of the driving experience the car, every day, for the rest of the time you own the car - yes.

If I was buying, mrc and NPP performance exhaust would be #1's for me. Although the latter isn't a must as you can go aftermarket.
If I were only buying a car for serious driving and track use...I would not buy MRC.

But if you want to do it all it is amazing. You can literally feel your car change just driving down the street in the different modes...and it works awesome!!!
Drm2Reality is offline   Reply With Quote