Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-07-2023, 08:53 AM   #1
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Corsa NPP and Flowmaster Midpipes

Currently have a Corsa NPP on order, lead times appear to be better about 3 weeks. I would really like to eliminate the AFM valves as that’s a potential restriction in my exhaust.

Currently have 2” CSP headers into the GESI Gen2 high flow cats which connect to the factory exhaust. With that setup the Corsa or any other catback system will not work and would have to be hacked up.

However the flowmaster mids would connect up and eliminate the AFM valve and also the crush pipe but I don’t think that is hurting me yet. (~650rwhp right now). More concerned about getting rid of AFM while I’m down there.

Anyone mate up a Corsa NPP to the FM mids? Hoping for a plug and play. For $400 it seems like an inexpensive solution, but not using the FM axleback.

I may compare where the instructions for Corsa vs Flowmaster say to cut factory exhaust for axleback install. If they are the same (or close) it should work.

Thanks!
Old 05-08-2023, 04:34 PM   #2
70ls1nova

Drives: 2022 Camaro, 2014 F150, G6, 70 Nova
I'd be guessing they all connect axleback in the same location. 2" behind the cross member. I just did this but i have TSP headers and cat delete I put the flowmaster mid pipe on, but mine connected to the TSP Y pipe, then went into AWE axleback mufflers. The flowmaster connected to the axleback AWE, no problem. Was a little tricky getting the FM to connect to the Y pipe, but it's done.
70ls1nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 07:04 AM   #3
Chrome383Z

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Just installed the Corsa Axleback NPP. Decided to forgo the midpipes for now, if/when I go to a smaller pulley I might do that but for now I’ll leave it alone.

HOLY CRAP does the Corsa system sound good. I should have done this a long time ago. Valves closed it has a deeper rumble, less tinny, and volume is between open/closed with the stock NPP. I think I’ll still be able to start my car without absolutely annoying my neighbors in the morning (I have exhaust rumble turned off in touring).

Open, it’s a whole new world - LOL. Much louder than stock NPP, sound is more refined. The difference between open/closed with this system is incredible.

Plus+1 for Corsa!
Old 05-15-2023, 11:56 AM   #4
wang970305

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS
i have a borla mid pipe if you are interested