Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-04-2016, 06:31 PM   #43
ABMLS3

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue Camaro 2SS/RS
How much horsepower is a zl1 fuel pump, bap and 80lb injectors good for with twin turbos and meth

Right now I have a zl1 pump with twin turbos making 611whp 9# boost

In the spring I'm going to do meth, bap and maybe a little more boost depending on what the bap and zl1 pump are good for

Power Source Performance Turbo Kit

416 C.I ,TH400
Instagram: TomTraube
COTW ABMLS3 Build Thread
ABMLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 10:33 PM   #44
Bennyb

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Ted,

Thanks for replying back. Will look first those areas that was mentioned.
Bennyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:25 AM   #45
pimpaluv

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss
Ted;
Own a 2010 Camaro (LS3) with approx. 8X,XXX miles. It has a Maggie tvs2300 and a Corsa exhaust. Everything else is basically stock. Car runs great but after stop and go traffic; seem the engine is loosing power. Is that normal? I would like to crank up the boost to hit somewhere in the 9-10# of boost. What do you recommend and with a custom tune what numbers would I be looking at?
pimpaluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:40 AM   #46
nickiscoolerthancool

Drives: '14 Camaro SS - Airlift
I have a '14 LS3. I am looking into forced induction but I'm torn with all these options. I do like the idea of a blower or the procharger because it would allow me to keep my Kooks full exhaust. But what I really want is twin turbo and all the kits would, of course, have me ditch my headers for theirs. Would it be worth doing some custom fabrication for twin turbos or am I wasting my time and should go with a supercharger? My objective is to get into the 10 seconds with ease, don't care about HP numbers. I'd like a setup that I could start at low boost and eventually build my car to be a total monster and grow into whichever forced induction I go with to its full potential. Thank you
nickiscoolerthancool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 02:36 AM   #47
Mcnairbear

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS, twin turbo
Hello and thank you for your efforts and knowledge.

I have a '12 1ss with a stock LS3. I just added the Hellion top mount tt. The only other mod is outlaw catbacks. Ill get close to 600whp as is. Im looking to achieve somewhere in the ballpark of 800whp+. I know the stock LS3 is a great short block and can handle a lot of power, but if i want to reach the 800whp+ margin i need some supporting mods.

Please tell me what supporting mods are (needed) to sustain this amount of hp. I have spoke with another reliable source and found that upgrading the fuel system to a squash fuel system would be great with the Hellions and give me e85 capabilities. The other supporting mods i thought would suffice would be swapping the valve springs, push rods, and oil pump.
Am i correct with this info or do i need to further upgrade more of the internal rotating assembly?
Attached Images

Mcnairbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:28 AM   #48
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog86 View Post
JANETTYRACING, I have a manual.

Originally Posted by Lawdog86 View Post
I have a 2011 2SS, I am looking to add a supercharger, headers, ZLI fuel pump. I would like 700hp, but would be happy with 600. What would be your recommendation for the supercharger, and build. How much should I expect to spend installed for 600-700hp? Thanks!
Typical supercharged LS3 with headers and cold air kit also known as my Street brawler Package come in at 560-580 RWHP on pump 93 octane.

You can reach 600 on higher octane fuel and smaller pulley.

To get to the 650-680 range on pump 93 octane gas, a Cam package is required, this is known as our Super Street Brawler Package can easily reach 700 RWHP on higher octane fuel

I would be happy to discuss with you about everything you need to reach your goals.

Phone is best email is good also.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 11:29 AM   #49
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by trans665 View Post
If I order the kit from you guys can you substitute the 60 pound injectors for a different size. I'm thinking I'm going to need 80 pound injectors to reach my goal I already have the cam the LS conversions and the aftermarket casting ported heads. Waiting for income tax for the ecs kit..also I already got the 3600 triple disk. And want to order the watermeth at the same time I get the supercharger

I just looked on your website and I don't see the Ecs system
I am a dealer for ECS, thank you for the tip, I will check with my IT department.

Yes I put together custom supercharger systems daily to meet the needs and the goals of each individual.

Best to give me a call.

Thank you for your business.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:32 AM   #50
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABMLS3 View Post
How much horsepower is a zl1 fuel pump, bap and 80lb injectors good for with twin turbos and meth

Right now I have a zl1 pump with twin turbos making 611whp 9# boost

In the spring I'm going to do meth, bap and maybe a little more boost depending on what the bap and zl1 pump are good for
I can tell you the limit of the fuel pump with proper fuel pump control module and boost a pump is around 700 RWHP.

More with Meth injection but how much will depend on how much meth you inject and how much fuel you back out of the tune.

True 80 lb injectors will carry you well past 1000 crank HP but you would need a larger fuel system like Squash or Fore.

Ted.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:33 AM   #51
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennyb View Post
Ted,

Thanks for replying back. Will look first those areas that was mentioned.
Your very welcome!
Old 01-05-2016, 11:35 AM   #52
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpaluv View Post
Ted;
Own a 2010 Camaro (LS3) with approx. 8X,XXX miles. It has a Maggie tvs2300 and a Corsa exhaust. Everything else is basically stock. Car runs great but after stop and go traffic; seem the engine is loosing power. Is that normal? I would like to crank up the boost to hit somewhere in the 9-10# of boost. What do you recommend and with a custom tune what numbers would I be looking at?
First I would diagnose and repair the issue your having before I turn up the power.

First place I would look is intercooler system for a problem.

In order to turn up the boost you will need supporting injectors and fuel system.

Ted.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:40 AM   #53
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickiscoolerthancool View Post
I have a '14 LS3. I am looking into forced induction but I'm torn with all these options. I do like the idea of a blower or the procharger because it would allow me to keep my Kooks full exhaust. But what I really want is twin turbo and all the kits would, of course, have me ditch my headers for theirs. Would it be worth doing some custom fabrication for twin turbos or am I wasting my time and should go with a supercharger? My objective is to get into the 10 seconds with ease, don't care about HP numbers. I'd like a setup that I could start at low boost and eventually build my car to be a total monster and grow into whichever forced induction I go with to its full potential. Thank you
Supercharging is Simple, Effective, Clean, consistent Power you can bolt on in a day or 2 and keep your LT headers.

Most all of the superchargers I sell can do this, the larger the better so in this case I would recommend the Whipple 2.9. we have run as fast as 9.7 ET with it in several full weight Gen 5 Camaros.

I can certainly guide you in your build and provide you with all the technical knowledge you can handle, provide you with all the custom tuning to make it all work for a plug and play power solution.

Drag racing is my specialty and can help you get the most from your HP to the track.

Ted.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:48 AM   #54
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcnairbear View Post
Hello and thank you for your efforts and knowledge.

I have a '12 1ss with a stock LS3. I just added the Hellion top mount tt. The only other mod is outlaw catbacks. Ill get close to 600whp as is. Im looking to achieve somewhere in the ballpark of 800whp+. I know the stock LS3 is a great short block and can handle a lot of power, but if i want to reach the 800whp+ margin i need some supporting mods.

Please tell me what supporting mods are (needed) to sustain this amount of hp. I have spoke with another reliable source and found that upgrading the fuel system to a squash fuel system would be great with the Hellions and give me e85 capabilities. The other supporting mods i thought would suffice would be swapping the valve springs, push rods, and oil pump.
Am i correct with this info or do i need to further upgrade more of the internal rotating assembly?
Congrats, well done, looks great, Love the Hellion kit.

A Complete cam package and oil pump upgrade are in order.
Squash fuel system
Race fuel or E-85
ID 850 for gasoline
ID 1300s for E-85
3 Bar Map sensor if you don't already have one.
Larger Wastegate springs to sustain 14 psi.
A 3 Inch exhaust with a straight through muffler like Magnaflow.
RPS Triple disc carbon clutch kit
ZL-1 Driveshaft, Diff, and Axle package
BMR suspension upgrades.

The forged rotating assembly is a real good Idea past 700 RWHP but we have seen LS3 live well at 800 RWHP on Race Gas.

Feel free to give me a call for more details.

Ted.
Old 07-29-2016, 10:26 AM   #55
JANNETTYRACING

Bump seems this thread fell asleep during the winter LOL
Old 07-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #56
bhvrdr

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS AT6 (L99)
Hello Sir,

Thanks so much for taking questions.

I have a 2010 L99 that I have the following on:

-LSA Conversion - TVS1900 on 2.75" pulley
-ZL1 52lb injectors
-ADM FPCM
-ZL1 Fuel Pump
-Roto-Fab intake
-2.5" catback

stock headers, stock cams, stock mostly everything else on the car

I'm currently making 9psi of boost all across the rev band and full throttle. The car is right around 450whp and running well. I get a maximum of about 1 degree of knock retard. IATS are remarkably well in check at around 40C or lower in the 95 degree S florida heat we have been having.

I road course the car. It needs to be able to sustain high rpm driving for lap after lap in the 90 degree South Florida heat and humidity.

I have a set of 1 7/8" LT headers at home with HFC. I also have a 2.5" pulley at home. Neither of these have been installed yet.

I'd like this car to remain a bit stealthy. I dont want a loud obnoxious car. If I do the 2.5" pulley i'll be at about 11psi and perhaps around 490whp? Is this a safe thing to do?

If I do headers but dont add the 2.5" pulley will I make much power (since I may drop boost?) or will I need to bring the boost back up after doing the headers by also adding the 2.5" pulley?

Basically, what would be the maximum safe thing to do here before considering a cam upgrade considering I am running the L99 valvetrain? Should I just stay at the 450whp and be happy until ready for a cam?

Thanks again.

Mike
bhvrdr is offline   Reply With Quote