Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-27-2010, 02:40 AM   #1
ttexxan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
KITT light installed and Thoughts

Started another thread, but having trouble accessing the other for some reason.

Excited to finally have the light. Dan did a great job on the instructions and ease of the install. The light arrived in a clinder brown tube with everthing packed very nicely in a plastic bag. Instructions were very straight forward with pics to follow along with.
The old slot peice came out easy using needle nose pliers and cloth on the end to avoid scratching the paint. Once out the light just clips in. One thing I noticed on the drivers side was the light not sitting flush and kind loose. The clips were locked in place, but the piece appeared slightly loose. With the use of a small amount of double side tape the problem was solved. My first impression was the clips could have made the piece fit tighter or snugger if thats a word.
Wiring took less than ten minutes and the biggest pain was disconnecting the battery.
The length of the indicator light is long enough to reach the cabin, but unsure of exact location going to mount.

I opted for the orange light. Its really bright at night, but not overbearing. Curious to see how visible it is during the day.
A slight concern is the timing on the trailer. Many talked about this in early dev stages, but I still think the tail is toooo long. Once the light hits one side the tail is half way occupying one side. Hard to describe without video or pics, but will try to post some later. I thought the tail would have been slighty shorter. Its not a deal breaker and maybe Dan can elaborate more on this.

To put one concern to rest the light is hardly noticable unless looking for it and goes well with the car. Many were worried it would be an eye sore. Fear not

Off to bed and will post more later when I get a chance.

I apologize for spelling and grammer...Worked long day
ttexxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #2
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttexxan View Post
Started another thread, but having trouble accessing the other for some reason.

Excited to finally have the light. Dan did a great job on the instructions and ease of the install. The light arrived in a clinder brown tube with everthing packed very nicely in a plastic bag. Instructions were very straight forward with pics to follow along with.
The old slot peice came out easy using needle nose pliers and cloth on the end to avoid scratching the paint. Once out the light just clips in. One thing I noticed on the drivers side was the light not sitting flush and kind loose. The clips were locked in place, but the piece appeared slightly loose. With the use of a small amount of double side tape the problem was solved. My first impression was the clips could have made the piece fit tighter or snugger if thats a word.
Wiring took less than ten minutes and the biggest pain was disconnecting the battery.
The length of the indicator light is long enough to reach the cabin, but unsure of exact location going to mount.

I opted for the orange light. Its really bright at night, but not overbearing. Curious to see how visible it is during the day.
A slight concern is the timing on the trailer. Many talked about this in early dev stages, but I still think the tail is toooo long. Once the light hits one side the tail is half way occupying one side. Hard to describe without video or pics, but will try to post some later. I thought the tail would have been slighty shorter. Its not a deal breaker and maybe Dan can elaborate more on this.

To put one concern to rest the light is hardly noticable unless looking for it and goes well with the car. Many were worried it would be an eye sore. Fear not

Off to bed and will post more later when I get a chance.

I apologize for spelling and grammer...Worked long day
Can't wait to get mine...it's in limbo due to the volcanic ash. I also got the orange lights. How easy was the install?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
ttexxan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Very very easy to install. I would be on the lookout for it due to the shipping tracking not correct at all coming to the states. Mine never showed being in the states and arrived at my door yesterday. Mine was shipped on the 17th I think.

On a scale of 1-10 difficulty I would say this is about a 4. : -)

The hardest parts were pulling the ribbon through the holes, but if you lift the bumper slightly as insturcted really helps. I took extra care not to scratch the paint.
ttexxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
LadiesMan217

Drives: '10 IOM/IO 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttexxan View Post
Very very easy to install. I would be on the lookout for it due to the shipping tracking not correct at all coming to the states. Mine never showed being in the states and arrived at my door yesterday. Mine was shipped on the 17th I think.

On a scale of 1-10 difficulty I would say this is about a 4. : -)

The hardest parts were pulling the ribbon through the holes, but if you lift the bumper slightly as insturcted really helps. I took extra care not to scratch the paint.

I was hoping to have it for my nephew's Little League Opening Day parade (it was rained out last weekend and it was rescheduled for this Saturday...hopefully I get it...but no biggy if I don't.) (Probably wouldn't notice it during the day anyways).