The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 02-07-2023, 07:30 PM   #1
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Nissan Titan Owners

Any current or previous Titan owners in here? I'm leaning towards a 2023 Titan Pro-4x completely loaded minus the rear seat entertainment setup. I went and test drove one yesterday and the truck seemed really solid. The seats felt really amazing, quit possibly the best I've come across in years. I really like that fact that there's no AFM gm garbage or auto stop/start. Just a V8 plain and simple. I saw on all the Titans on the lot that they all had the same few manufacturing cosmetics negatives but so too has all the other manufacturers I've looked at. Again overall seems like a well built truck. Just looking for some first hand experience's good or bad.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 02:02 AM   #2
Silveradoss573

Crickets....
Old 02-09-2023, 07:37 AM   #3
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Titan owners are hard to find I guess.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 08:49 AM   #4
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Yeah not many sold annually, about what the F150 sells in a month at times. One of my renters has a non-pro loaded Titan. He likes and the interior wasn’t bad looking to me, although dash appears a tad dated compared to newer competitors. I like the looks of the Sierras and Silverados myself but price can sway decisions too. Lifter issue is concerning as more and more issues reported. If priced similar, I’m going GM. Long term and you know parts will be available for GM or Ford pickup.

Oops forgot to include Farmers Brand of RAM too.

Last edited by Realist; 02-09-2023 at 08:57 AM. Reason: And RAM
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 08:49 AM   #5
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Guy at work had one and is now in another truck. I will ask him.

Don't ask me though, I am a RAM guy. Love my 1500 Limited.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 11:04 AM   #6
Silveradoss573

Yeah I know they don't sell many per year but seems like those that bought one love them. I figured I wouldn't get many if any owners responses either to be honest for various reasons and I understand that. Just weighing my options other than a gm truck which for myself leaves a F150, Titan or Ram as options. Oh and definitely no tundra....
Old 02-09-2023, 12:09 PM   #7
FarmerFran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
Yeah I know they don't sell many per year but seems like those that bought one love them. I figured I wouldn't get many if any owners responses either to be honest for various reasons and I understand that. Just weighing my options other than a gm truck which for myself leaves a F150, Titan or Ram as options. Oh and definitely no tundra....

Do not discount RAM. They are fantastic. What do you plan on doing with it generally?

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:30 PM   #8
Silveradoss573

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Do not discount RAM. They are fantastic. What do you plan on doing with it generally?
Basically just a daily driver/family hauler but with the ability to tow a car or garden equipment from time to time and so on if needed. Just your typical 1/2 ton truck owner I guess? Definitely nothing heavy duty. I reluctantly did take look at a new Silverado with the baby Duramax. But after doing some looking around, I'm seeing reports of those buring oil at a furious rate evidently.
Old 02-09-2023, 03:46 PM   #9
FarmerFran

Quote:
Basically just a daily driver/family hauler but with the ability to tow a car or garden equipment from time to time and so on if needed. Just your typical 1/2 ton truck owner I guess? Definitely nothing heavy duty. I reluctantly did take look at a new Silverado with the baby Duramax. But after doing some looking around, I'm seeing reports of those buring oil at a furious rate evidently.
RAM (most) Hemi will have the Etorque (I personally like it) with start stop, but a disable button like on my Wrangler.

Big Horn is the best truck for the money on the market. But moving up to the Laramie you can get the Multifunction tailgate. IT IS AWESOME!

Old 02-10-2023, 12:31 PM   #10
Silveradoss573

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
RAM (most) Hemi will have the Etorque (I personally like it) with start stop, but a disable button like on my Wrangler.

Big Horn is the best truck for the money on the market. But moving up to the Laramie you can get the Multifunction tailgate. IT IS AWESOME!
I'll be sure to give Ram a second look. It's a big change as I've always had gm trucks. But it's time to experience other options.
Old 02-10-2023, 02:39 PM   #11
snizzle
Recalled user

Also keep in mind Nissan is apparently discontinuing the Titan. It also routinely comes in last place in full size truck roundups.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 02-10-2023, 02:42 PM   #12
snizzle
Recalled user

Quote:
But it's time to experience other options.
Because of AFM/DFM? GM just refreshed their interiors so at least from that respect they're on-par with Ford/Ram.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
RX Catch Can
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
Old 02-10-2023, 03:03 PM   #13
Silveradoss573

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Because of AFM/DFM? GM just refreshed their interiors so at least from that respect they're on-par with Ford/Ram.
There's more to it than just that, but those are strong points regardless.
Old 02-10-2023, 03:04 PM   #14
Silveradoss573

Quote:
Originally Posted by snizzle View Post
Also keep in mind Nissan is apparently discontinuing the Titan. It also routinely comes in last place in full size truck roundups.
So like the 6th gen Camaro...