The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 12-30-2022, 09:12 AM   #1
zmotorsports
Hardcore Gearhead

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Hello from Utah

Hello. My name is Mike and I am a new member from Northern Utah, Ogden area specifically.

My wife and I have been fortunate to have many toys over the years ranging from snowmobiles to sand toys (quads and sandrails) and Harleys but have sold all of them now that our family has grown. We have been riding Harleys for the past 18 or so years and sold our last one, a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic CVO, over the summer. The wife wanted to replace a toy with another toy so we started looking for a Fifth Gen Camaro earlier this past summer. I have always been a closet Camaro guy and we are finally in a position to have one.

I also have another LS powered toy, a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon in which I swapped out the original powertrain for a 6.2 liter L94/6L80 combination about 4 years ago. The Jeep is our daily driver and off-road toy and we now have a 2013 Camaro SS/RS as our pavement toy.

The car was in pretty good condition with only 61k miles when we purchased it. After bringing it home to our stable I commenced zeroing it out by replacing all fluids, filters and giving it a good thorough detailing. The wife insisted it needed a deeper exhaust note so I installed a Borla ATAK cat-back exhaust as the first mod during the process of zeroing it out. Although the paint is in very good condition with no dents or dings, there are a few scratches that need to be addressed so it will be getting a full paint correction before spring as well as a couple wheels having curb rash from the original owner.

Thank you for allowing me to join the forum.

Mike
Attached Images

zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 12:28 PM   #2
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Nice! Welcome!
Old 12-30-2022, 01:08 PM   #3
zmotorsports
Hardcore Gearhead

Thank you.
Old 12-30-2022, 01:23 PM   #4
hkittrell

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Great car barn too
hkittrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 01:29 PM   #5
zmotorsports
Hardcore Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkittrell View Post
Great car barn too
Thanks. I spend a lot of time in the shop so making sure it was well equipped and comfortable was a must.
Old 12-30-2022, 02:01 PM   #6
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Welcome!
Old 12-30-2022, 02:50 PM   #7
zmotorsports
Hardcore Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
Welcome!
Thank you.
Old 12-30-2022, 08:29 PM   #8
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Nice garage!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 09:43 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Mike, CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 01-03-2023, 08:23 AM   #10
zmotorsports
Hardcore Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD DAB View Post
Nice garage!
Thank you.
Old 01-03-2023, 08:23 AM   #11
zmotorsports
Hardcore Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Mike, CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Thank you very much. I appreciate the warm welcome.
Old 01-11-2023, 09:27 PM   #12
bertie

Drives: 2001 Camaro
Nice rides and nice garage!
bertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2023, 10:51 AM   #13
zmotorsports
Hardcore Gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie View Post
Nice rides and nice garage!
Thank you.
Old 01-12-2023, 04:07 PM   #14
The SS Godfather

Drives: 2010 CAMARO RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
Hello. My name is Mike and I am a new member from Northern Utah, Ogden area specifically.

My wife and I have been fortunate to have many toys over the years ranging from snowmobiles to sand toys (quads and sandrails) and Harleys but have sold all of them now that our family has grown. We have been riding Harleys for the past 18 or so years and sold our last one, a Harley Davidson Ultra Classic CVO, over the summer. The wife wanted to replace a toy with another toy so we started looking for a Fifth Gen Camaro earlier this past summer. I have always been a closet Camaro guy and we are finally in a position to have one.

I also have another LS powered toy, a 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon in which I swapped out the original powertrain for a 6.2 liter L94/6L80 combination about 4 years ago. The Jeep is our daily driver and off-road toy and we now have a 2013 Camaro SS/RS as our pavement toy.

The car was in pretty good condition with only 61k miles when we purchased it. After bringing it home to our stable I commenced zeroing it out by replacing all fluids, filters and giving it a good thorough detailing. The wife insisted it needed a deeper exhaust note so I installed a Borla ATAK cat-back exhaust as the first mod during the process of zeroing it out. Although the paint is in very good condition with no dents or dings, there are a few scratches that need to be addressed so it will be getting a full paint correction before spring as well as a couple wheels having curb rash from the original owner.

Thank you for allowing me to join the forum.

Mike
Welcome !! Nice looking toys!!! Love the LS Swap in the Jeep!! I was involved few years back doing LSA swaps in a Holden Diesel utes (pickups) here in NZ , that ran a 2.6 Diesel , pulled out and LSA swap out was incredible sleeper !! Enjoy your Camaro !!!
The SS Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote