The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 01-05-2023, 05:45 PM   #15
Anjilslaire

Drives: 2021 3LT RS A10
Forza Horizon series when I get that itch
Anjilslaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 12:49 PM   #16
ViviAnte

Drives: camaro
Need for Speed and GTA 5 are the best for me
ViviAnte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 01:39 PM   #17
NjaTrtl

Drives: '22 2SS 1LE M6, '06 Murano S AWD
The newest Forza Motorsport was recently released and it's just called Forza Motorsport (instead of FM8). I haven't played a lot of it yet, but I am enjoying the driving physics and visually it is a beautiful game.
4th - '86 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z28 - White
5th - '91 Ford Mustang GT M5 convertible - White
6th - '00 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 M6 - Rally Red
7th - '12 MINI Cooper S M6 - Chili Red
Last - '22 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE M6 - Rapid Blue
NjaTrtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 02:50 PM   #18
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NjaTrtl View Post
The newest Forza Motorsport was recently released and it's just called Forza Motorsport (instead of FM8). I haven't played a lot of it yet, but I am enjoying the driving physics and visually it is a beautiful game.
Me too - I downloaded on my PC about a week ago. I agree with your thoughts - Forza has always had the edge on driving physics over other console games, and even matches up well against other more hardcore PC based games in it's latest version. The graphics are stunning. The light models in this game are incredible - transitions in time of day are really dynamic, the sun blinds you at times, the track get a little dark before track lights come on, and then on longer tracks (suck as Spa) you have some incredibly dark sections. Add in dynamic weather and elements such a fog or rain can make for some really challenging visibility, which is awesome. The nighttime sky is also absolutely stunning, as are reflections in the wet.

Gameplay has been really good - typical Forza stuff with few changes. I do dislike this new "car experience" system that requires you to spend quite a lot of time racing a car to have access to various modifications and the credits to use them. It should have remained a cash-based system IMO, I don't want to grind for 3-4 hours leveling up a car to be able to buy modifcations when I've already earned credits. But - that's my only real gripe, I've mostly been enjoying the heck out of it.

If anybody has interest in starting a very casual league that meets weekly for some racing, lets get a discussion going, that could be fun.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 12:52 PM   #19
Aaron Reed

Drives: Audi s3 Alfa Romeo Guilia
I like Forza if I want to have fun and drive along spacious tracks in any dream car. iracing is something more professional. Although I would love to build myself a cool racing setup at home. There are also some good casual racing games on playhop.

Last edited by Aaron Reed; 03-24-2024 at 12:30 PM.
Aaron Reed is offline   Reply With Quote