Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-21-2010, 01:34 PM   #1
George Dobens

Drives: 2010 2lt camaro
Marble dropping noise

About 7 to 10 seconds after i turn off my 2lt camaro i here this marble dropping noise. What is this?
George Dobens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
Spiv
Why you gotta be hatin'?

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
It comes when the power is cut to the lights, etc... I believe.

I hear it as well. At night watch when you get out. Wait for your lights to shut themselves off and you'll hear. I don't know what it is exactly but logic suggests it has to do with the car turning the power/lights off.

Of course, you may be hearing something entirely different, in which case
Spiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
its not the lights, but it is something in the engine. If you have the HIDs on bright when you turn the car off, then you hear that noise RIGHT when you turn the car off, thats when the head lights go off. They do not come back on (if you have exit lighting on) until you remove the key from the ignition. i thought thats what it was too at first, until i noticed it even with out the lights.

I know the sound you are talking about, and im assuming it is normal.
Old 03-21-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
tjmac49

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS, IBM, L99
Hmmm ....
tjmac49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:25 PM   #5
scaldedchevy
WITWIKI

Drives: 2010 Yellow v6
Send a message via Yahoo to scaldedchevy
hey george...not to worry. i was up in arms about the same noise right after i bought my car. i even put it on youtube. there is also a thread on here that i started concerning the same noise.

the marble noise is coming from inside the throttle body as the butterfly valve cycles itself a couple of times after you kill the car. there is a GM programmer fix for it, that allows the valve to cycle half-way instead of completely, which quiets the noise but does not completely eliminate it. noting mechanically wrong though brother, don't worry. but trust me, i had the same concern.

scaldedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #6
scaldedchevy
WITWIKI

Drives: 2010 Yellow v6
Send a message via Yahoo to scaldedchevy
George here is the title of the thread. towards the end it should answer those questions...

Series of whines and knocking noises after turning engine off
scaldedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #7
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Anyone ever hear something like this from the rear of the car sometimes shortly after turning the car ON? Almost as if there are a few large drops of something hitting a plastic panel or something.
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
SS Man

Drives: 2SS IOM White Rally Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infern0 View Post
Anyone ever hear something like this from the rear of the car sometimes shortly after turning the car ON? Almost as if there are a few large drops of something hitting a plastic panel or something.
These are normal. fbodfather explained them in a thread a while back. Do some searching on the site and you will find the thread.