Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-13-2024, 12:38 PM   #1
sstock6.2

Drives: Camaro 2SS
Smile Looking for honest opinions on selling price

I apologize if this is the wrong subforum, feel free to move it if it is.

I want to start by saying I'm not fully committed to selling it yet, but as a college student with a decent commute to school, it's becoming hard to justify the 8 MPG. This forum has been so helpful to me and I know that the individuals here know their shit and will shoot me straight. I'm fully open to the idea that I'm delusional about what I feel the car is worth.

I've had my Camaro for a little over 2 years, 2013 2SS/RS. I've loved the car and poured hundreds of hours into working on it and learned so much mechanically from it. I originally bought it for $32,000 with 30,000 miles and it came with a supercharger on it, which was risky but turned out to be a good buy. Since buying, I've put roughly 25000 miles on it and invested about $20,000-$25,000 into it (expensive wrap, engine rebuild with forged rods/pistons, etc.). I am fully aware that the money I put into it is nowhere near a 1:1 investment, but I am hopeful that the right buyer is out there that will appreciate the work done. The main reason for this post is that I'm curious what people on here would pay for the car? I'm totally open to honest feedback, so if you wouldn't even consider it, feel free to say that too. If you think I'm too deep in the car and nobody will pay me a reasonable price for it, say that too. In addition, where's the best place to list it for sale? Offerup and Marketplace seem to be full of people offering $5,000 that didn't bother to read the build list, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to spend $100 to list it on BAT. I included a pic of the car as well as the dyno sheet and the build list. Thank you guys in advance and I look forward to the feedback.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2024, 01:32 PM   #2
SlowLS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS , 2011 Colorado LS1
Need to know what color it is under the wrap, and paint condition. IMO, the wrap will be a deterrent and not a selling point. Sure, there might be that one buyer looking for that, but doubt there will be many.

What is the interior condition? Need more pics to really get an idea of the quality of the car.
Old 02-13-2024, 01:47 PM   #3
sstock6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowLS1 View Post
Need to know what color it is under the wrap, and paint condition. IMO, the wrap will be a deterrent and not a selling point. Sure, there might be that one buyer looking for that, but doubt there will be many.

What is the interior condition? Need more pics to really get an idea of the quality of the car.
The car is black under the wrap, I agree that the wrap can be a deterrent, but I can't imagine anyone buying the car and then immediately taking it off, even if it isn't necessarily exactly what they want. The paint looked about what you'd expect from a 10 year old black car, some swirls here and there but no major scratches or chips. I'm sorry I don't have any interior pics, but other than the addition of a Dual Gauge Pod with Wideband and Boost on the A-Pillar and the removal of the rear seats, the interior is stock. The seats have wrinkles in the leather, but the overall condition of the interior is good.
Attached Images

Old 02-13-2024, 01:51 PM   #4
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I'm thinking that wrap must be related to something you do or are studying to do. ? Not exactly a general crowd pleaser. But at the end of the day, it's a 2013 Camaro 2SS RS to most buyers. All the goodies - like the wrap, will only appeal to someone wanting the mods and rolling the dice you didn't drive it like you carjacked it!

Kelley BB says it's worth $15,600-$18,200. Thats with all the bells and whistles my 2015 has like, Head Up Display, Moonroof, BU Camera, leather, etc. Maybe $20K for someone jonesin' for a blower.
Old 02-13-2024, 02:03 PM   #5
sstock6.2

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I'm thinking that wrap must be related to something you do or are studying to do. ? Not exactly a general crowd pleaser. But at the end of the day, it's a 2013 Camaro 2SS RS to most buyers. All the goodies - like the wrap, will only appeal to someone wanting the mods and rolling the dice you didn't drive it like you carjacked it!

Kelley BB says it's worth $15,600-$18,200. Thats with all the bells and whistles my 2015 has like, Head Up Display, Moonroof, BU Camera, leather, etc. Maybe $20K for someone jonesin' for a blower.
The wrap was just something I thought was cool, and my personal experience is that most people have positive opinions of it, ranging from young to old people and normal people to car people. I get that not many people are going to tell me they don’t like it, but I think it’s objectively well done and unique. That being said, just because I think it’s well done and cool, doesn’t mean 99% of people would never do it to their own car or buy a car with that wrap in the first place. I think 20k is a good amount lower than I would see as fair, considering the blower is far from the only appealing/valuable mod, but I appreciate your input!
Old 02-13-2024, 02:32 PM   #6
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
First off, best of luck with your sale. Obviously, you have a strong passion for the car and it appears to have been built rather well.

As for my $0.02 on the sale, I agree with what others have said about the wrap. I believe it will hurt rather than help your sale. I get that you sunk a bunch of money into the unique design, but it is just that, unique. Most people don't want someone else's unique design unless they have followed the car for quite a while at shows, via social media, etc. Unfortunately, your mods won't do much for the sale price either. Looking through your mod list, the brands that are listed look like quality parts, but like your original gamble, most will see mods that extreme as a gamble too. I don't think $20k is high enough, despite what KBB says about a factory car with similar options to yours as stock. However, I think that given the time of year, the fact that Camaros are down in price a little bit right now, and the extensive mods, that you're looking mid to high $20k range. I think you could get to the higher side of that if you take the wrap off and clean up the paint, and wait until closer to car show season, but that's just my opinion.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 05:52 PM   #7
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Yeah I wouldn't personally buy a wrapped car because you have no idea what it's hiding underneath. Am I'm not saying it is just what some people might think. And I'm sorry to say, you might have to take it off to sell it. As far as your mods go they will only hurt you because like other were saying it seems like a gamble for most. Given your current mileage I think your looking at a $20k car. Just my opinion though.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 08:20 PM   #8
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Really cool car, wrap or not, she is beautiful.

Fantastic mod list. Just a damned shame you never get all that back on a sale.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 11:21 PM   #9
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
The wrap and the vertical doors will be a deal breaker for a lot of people. I'm sure someone out there will love it but those mods have narrowed the potential market a lot.
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM   #10
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Man, you really did a nice build on that engine and the car seems to have all of the correct support mods. The wrap definitely will narrow your potential buyers and it looked pretty good in black with those red accents. Unfortunately you're probably going to take a HUGE hit if you try and sell it. Is it your only vehicle? I see you're in Tempe. Maybe bike, bus and/or train to class to cut down fuel expenses. I think if you let this car go you'll regret it sooner rather then later.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:07 AM   #11
acutron42

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS AGM
This is a tough one. Are the car & mods paid for or is there any debt involved?
2013 2SS GPI built & tuned 415, spec'd by Andrew Cammer. GPI ported intake/tb/heads, Tooley springs, CHE trunnions, Callies rotating assembly, Diamond pistons, GPI SS3 VVT, ATI 10% ud damper, Circle D 3800, Kooks ceramic coated lt's with green cats, Mishimoto rad & oil cooler, Derale trans cooler, Holley efi rails.
acutron42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 08:40 AM   #12
MSgt O

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert LS3/M6
Youre younger (ahem by alot) than me...and I will tell you. I regret selling my "college years" car. 1972 Firebird, California car. Still to this day, 30 years later, I wish I had that car. But what youre asking, you are going to take a huge hit on selling it. When modding a car, you will never ever get your money back when selling. So, like someone else said, at the end of the day, you have a 2010 Camaro SS with mods..and a wrap with unknown paint issues under it and no back seat. So, its going to be what someone who will take your word for how the car was treated, and the paint condition, and then what its worth to them. Someone said 20k, I would ask 25 and bargin down from there..
MSgt O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 09:07 AM   #13
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I think the takeaway with any number of modded cars we see and talk about here - whether done well or not is, if you're going to highly personalize your car with all of the things that appeal to you...KEEP IT!
Old 02-14-2024, 02:53 PM   #14
sstock6.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Man, you really did a nice build on that engine and the car seems to have all of the correct support mods. The wrap definitely will narrow your potential buyers and it looked pretty good in black with those red accents. Unfortunately you're probably going to take a HUGE hit if you try and sell it. Is it your only vehicle? I see you're in Tempe. Maybe bike, bus and/or train to class to cut down fuel expenses. I think if you let this car go you'll regret it sooner rather then later.
Thank you, I am living in Chandler and commuting to school in Tempe currently. I have a GMC Denali Yukon, but since it also has a 6.2 its not much better on gas lol. I think you're right about regretting selling it, especially if I lose so much value on the mods.

Tags
build, opinion, question, worth