Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 08-08-2015, 09:48 PM   #1
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Next Fest

Now that 2015's fest is a memory that will live on for a long time. What's the opinion on next years fest??? I hear the West Coast is really suffering since they haven't had a close one in a few years. In my opinion there should be 2 tests a East Coast and a Fest in the West so no one is left out I do believe there's enough support and turn out to support two shows. I think the East Coast should be a little later in Sept due the heat and the West could have there's early spring to beat their heat.

Let's hear your opinion!!!!!!!
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:02 PM   #2
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
I like the idea of 2, but not sure all the vendors can support 2. It takes a lot of coordination and cost can mount up for them.

With the new 6th Gen out by next years fest, 2 may be a great way for the 'first' year of the 6th Gen to announce its presence.

One in Nevada (Vegas baby!) would probably help a lot of west coasters. I heard the first fest in Valdosta GA was awesome and maybe that would be a great way to have the 6th Gen start while also giving the 5th Gen a great send off...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:25 PM   #3
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Don't always need the same vendor at both Fests, for the vendors from the West coast they can hit out west an the samething for the East Coast vendors.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 10:39 PM   #4
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Totally agree! May give the vendors more opportunity! I'm sure the turnout would be tremendous @ both...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:09 PM   #5
robbiegordon
Robert

Drives: 2011 Summit White SS LS3
Dual fests would be awesome . If there's is an East coast one in 16 I'll be there. I've got till 2017 till I transfer for work . This was my first fest and I had so much fun at this one and the people were so great . I want to make it to as many as possible
Turbonetics T76 10psi with aem truboost controller, 231/239 115 LSA Comp Cam, adm fpcm, zl1 pump, Tr7ix plugs, 3.91/1LE Gears,Melling Oil pump, custom intake, catless midpipes, powerbond 25% underdrive, PFADT Aluminum subframe bushings, 1.5 inch drop, PFADT sway bars, BMR; sub frame connectors ,Trailing arms, Toe Rods, strut tower brace and rear diff bushings, Hurst short throw shifter and line lock,dyno #s TBD, , tuned by Pat G tuning
robbiegordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:44 PM   #6
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
A dual fest would be a great idea and it would make it easier or the vendors to on being close to home. But it may be costly to host something like that, my guess for something like that to happen is paying a small fee to have this set up which I would be more than willing to pay to have something like that happen. But you never know though.
Old 08-09-2015, 01:54 AM   #7
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
California is gonna be the biggest market for the west coast hopefully here or Vegas would be awesome!
GetYouOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:09 AM   #8
PEW-PROFESSIONAL

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
I like the idea of 2, but not sure all the vendors can support 2. It takes a lot of coordination and cost can mount up for them.

With the new 6th Gen out by next years fest, 2 may be a great way for the 'first' year of the 6th Gen to announce its presence.

One in Nevada (Vegas baby!) would probably help a lot of west coasters. I heard the first fest in Valdosta GA was awesome and maybe that would be a great way to have the 6th Gen start while also giving the 5th Gen a great send off...

-Don
Not like there was a large support from vendors. But then again there is a lot of expense with little opportunity to make it back. But I want to thank Adams and Oracle for the great deals I received!
G5carbon.com-SS Carbon fiber Trunk Filler Panels**Carbon fiber Heat Extractor **Z/28 Carbon Fiber Spoiler (Comming Soon)**Z/28 Carbon Fiber Rear Defuser (Comming Soon)**SS Carbon Fiber Lower Grill (Coming Soon)**Z/28 Carbon fiber Side Skirts (Coming soon)**SS Carbon fiber Cooling Plate (Coming Soon)**Camber/Caster Plates (Coming Soon)
Westcoastcamaros.com-Carbon Fiber Engine Cover (Ordered)
PEW-PROFESSIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:34 PM   #9
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
There is so much time that goes into planning the Fest and I know several moderators personally and I can guarantee two fests won't happen.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:04 PM   #10
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Throwing this idea out there.... Michigan!

131 Motorsports Park in Martin. First class track and facility. They do Super Chevy there and several national events.

Do the show, drags, and autocross there at 131.

And have a road course day at Gingerman Raceway. Just a short drive away.
People would love Gingerman, great little road course.

Maybe a visit to a Lansing Grand River Assembly to watch some 6 gens being built.

Time it the weekend before Woodward Dream Cruise, and some could stay for that. August is a great time to visit MI for car nuts!
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:55 AM   #11
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Dual fests sounds nice in theory, but I really do think that would put too much of a strain on the moderators to plan and organize. Not to mention, what I have been hearing is that the organization for the C5Fests is starting to dwindle year after year, as well as the turnout. I was looking at the pics people posted so far of C5Fest VI and while it looked fun, it didn't look like there were a lot of cars, and especially a lack of vendors. It kind of just looked like a large club meet or something.

I want one in the Southeast again so I can finally go, rofl. There hasn't been a Southeast C5 fest since the first one in Valdosta and the market is a pretty big niche. Florida alone is a huge audience; we hosted our own sort-of-C5Fest once called the Sunshine State Camaro Rally and nearly 200 cars alone showed up for that.

Another thing is to not schedule them in a polarized season anymore (Winter/Summer). Summers involve too much rain and the heat is often unbearable, and winters... well, depending on where you at, could be wonderful (southeast or far out west) or downright dreadful. Spring and Fall are the best times to do these things.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #12
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
ANYWHERE, that can do road course, drags and autocross at the same facility!!!!

CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #13
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post
Dual fests sounds nice in theory, but I really do think that would put too much of a strain on the moderators to plan and organize. Not to mention, what I have been hearing is that the organization for the C5Fests is starting to dwindle year after year, as well as the turnout. I was looking at the pics people posted so far of C5Fest VI and while it looked fun, it didn't look like there were a lot of cars, and especially a lack of vendors. It kind of just looked like a large club meet or something.

I want one in the Southeast again so I can finally go, rofl. There hasn't been a Southeast C5 fest since the first one in Valdosta and the market is a pretty big niche. Florida alone is a huge audience; we hosted our own sort-of-C5Fest once called the Sunshine State Camaro Rally and nearly 200 cars alone showed up for that.

Another thing is to not schedule them in a polarized season anymore (Winter/Summer). Summers involve too much rain and the heat is often unbearable, and winters... well, depending on where you at, could be wonderful (southeast or far out west) or downright dreadful. Spring and Fall are the best times to do these things.

At the track there were a ton of cars both for show and also for drag and autocross. I say there were about a 1000 if not maybe more camaros and vettes for the weekend. As for having events for spring/fall most of us northeners see snow in those seasons and would be next to impossible to drive down south or where ever for the fest, so summer is best to host these things. The idea of a east coast and west coast fest at different times would be great. Yes the vendor turnout wouldn't be huge since it would be split but it gives them the chance to go somewhere close and represent, it also makes it easier for the west coast vendors to show off there products at a west coast fest and same goes for the east coast.

The vendor turnout looked small which I won't lie, some even said they could not make it for certain reasons and some probably didn't have enough to set up a tent. Just because the vendor turnout a smaller than previous years doesn't mean much, next fest may have a huge turnout so you never know. All it comes down to is everyone who attended is to have a great time and looking at these posts it sounded like they did.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:54 AM   #14
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nUcLeArEnVoY View Post

Numbers did not seem down, on Saturday the track was packed. The crowd in the host hotel parking lot every night was larger than I remember at the other 'fests I have attended.
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote