The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-24-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
B2k4E
Listen to cereal guy...

Drives: 1986 Z28 Camaro 383 TPI
(Hopefully) New job

I've applied at a place called Amarillo Gear where they manufacture right angle gear drives. My instructor referred me to the company and they're pretty big supporters of the machining program here at AC.

So I called them back today to ask about my application status and the head guy told me that he's looked into the application, but they don't have any spots open on the online training course that new employees (unless you can demonstrate that you don't need it otherwise) have to take.

What do you guys think? I'm interpreting that I have a high chance to get the job, but the training they want me to do (regardless that I'm in college) is just filled up for the moment.

I'm at pretty high hopes right now, just waiting on the guy to call me back (or I'll call him back in a few hours or tomorrow) because he said he's going to check with the night shift foreman on how far the current training session is in.

All I can say is, I HOPE I get this job, I'll be able to afford a decent 1 bed 1 bath apartment in SW (the good part of) Amarillo AND I'm planning on getting this bad boy:

2012 LT1 with only 268 test drive miles.

WISH ME LUCK

I also applied at another manufacturing place called GTM where the weld steel and composite material gas tanks and vessels, and at Westgate Chevrolet being that I have a good knowledge of Chevy vehicles since my father was a long time service manager and car salesman. I'm really hoping for Amarillo Gear or GTM tho since the payrate is higher. $10-$11/ hr with benefits and 401k.

Today I went to Orielly's to change out my serpentine belt, as I walked by one of the Orielly's associates who was helping somebody asked me if I knew where the sparkplugs would be on a Honda Civic... I simply told him that; "I don't know, I only work on American vehicles."

He told me that was the best damn answer he ever heard.
B2k4E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
NFERGY 2011 RJT

Drives: 2011 2LT RJT
Good luck