Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #43
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Actually the A before the 9 nmeans 2010 and a B would be for a 2011, probably a C for 2012.

That's more of what I think I know.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #44
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL SS View Post
Actually the A before the 9 nmeans 2010 and a B would be for a 2011, probably a C for 2012.

That's more of what I think I know.
See why I issued the disclaimer?! Should have looked at my notes! I know that 9 is the plant. Hang on......

Edit: I don't know how to post this pdf. Maybe I can find it online.

One more time! Here it is:

http://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vi...2010%20car.pdf
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:41 PM   #45
1camaro70

Drives: 2010 2SS RS L99
what problems with early builds? Mine was never held hostage, built May 29 and delivered June 6, been to the dealer one time, state inspection, did need the fuse pull.
Build was before bankrupcy, delivery after. Is 1 of 1, ABM, 2SS, RS etc., 147 of 3614 ABM's, and of course I have a R6P.
Sorry, car needs state inspection this month, got to go to the dealer.

Last edited by 1camaro70; 06-17-2011 at 09:20 AM.
1camaro70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #46
coolman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Whoa there coolman. I got vin#3934. No problems here, although I did take it in for the starter wire recall. You are right, R6P really only has meaning for the original buyer. It is very special to me. Why you ask? Well, this car is going no where. I will have it until, well, until I am no longer here. For resale purposes, it will not add anything to the price of the car. The designation is purely for the orignal owner. It stands for early order activity, which is found on the window sticker. It is very cool to have this option, but it really only means something to me which is ok.
Hey sorry bro, I didn't mean to upset things with my post ,but I remember the boards filling up with all these problems and it even got bad enough that my car was held up in quality control for quite some time. If you read back on some of the earlier threads it seemed that there where many problems. I guess that really my post is incorrect in the respect that is wasn't just R6P cars that were having problems. I will stand on my opinion though that I would be afraid to have an earlier build. I think they've made them better than even my later 2010 build and they're getting better every day. I really can't see why they would ever be worth more than any other 2010 though.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:54 PM   #47
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
what problems with early builds? Mine was never held hostage, built May 29 and delivered June 6, been to the dealer one time, state inspection, did need the fuse pull.
Build was before bankrupcy, delivery after. Is 1 of 1, ABM, 2SS, RS etc., 147 of 3614 ABM's, Tom Henry's favorite color was ABM. Tom Henry's Architect has a ABM SS (guess who). I still have trouble telling the red from the orange color. And of course I have a
R6P.
What part of yours makes it 1 of 1?

And ... you have the best color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Hey sorry bro, I didn't mean to upset things with my post ,but I remember the boards filling up with all these problems and it even got bad enough that my car was held up in quality control for quite some time. If you read back on some of the earlier threads it seemed that there where many problems. I guess that really my post is incorrect in the respect that is wasn't just R6P cars that were having problems. I will stand on my opinion though that I would be afraid to have an earlier build. I think they've made them better than even my later 2010 build and they're getting better every day. I really can't see why they would ever be worth more than any other 2010 though.
It's like with any other vehicle built, they have to work out the kinks. But you'll also read way more about issues on a board like this than you'd ever have heard about with no online place for people to complain!

That being said, I'm not scared of first year models. I've had 4 different Vettes that were first year models. Only the 68 (which I still have) has weird oddities to this day, and that's more with things that they either kept from the c2 then changed in 69 or just oddball things that they only did in 68.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:14 PM   #48
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Oh, I wasn't upset in the least by your post. Yeah, there were several problems that arose R6P or not. I have been happy not to have any of them.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #49
CamaroChelline

Drives: Like a bat outta hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1camaro70 View Post
Build was before bankrupcy, delivery after. Is 1 of 1, ABM, 2SS, RS etc., 147 of 3614 ABM's, and of course I have a R6P.
Sorry, car needs state inspection this month, got to go to the dealer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oyealiz View Post
What part of yours makes it 1 of 1?

And ... you have the best color.

I'm curious too...what makes your ABM 1 of 1?
TOTALED by drunk driver on 10/4/14--Limited Edition R6P ABM #127/ 2SS/RS/ Black Interior/ Black Rally Stripes/ Sunroof/ Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust/ AEM CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
*NEW* Limited Edition Aqua Blue Metallic #417/ 2SS/RS/ Manual/ Ground Effects/ Black Interior/ Gray Vintage Stripe/ Sunroof/ Kooks Headers/ Borla Atak Cat-back Exhaust/ CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
CamaroChelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 06:20 PM   #50
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Necrothread
Old 01-19-2012, 07:49 PM   #51
CamaroChelline

Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Necrothread
O my bad...I wasn't aware there was a time limit on threads and when you could read/ask/answer a question in a thread. Especially since its only been 6 months..not 6 years. I googled a question and this thread came up..sorry I offended your thread rules
TOTALED by drunk driver on 10/4/14--Limited Edition R6P ABM #127/ 2SS/RS/ Black Interior/ Black Rally Stripes/ Sunroof/ Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust/ AEM CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
*NEW* Limited Edition Aqua Blue Metallic #417/ 2SS/RS/ Manual/ Ground Effects/ Black Interior/ Gray Vintage Stripe/ Sunroof/ Kooks Headers/ Borla Atak Cat-back Exhaust/ CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
Old 01-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #52
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChelline View Post
O my bad...I wasn't aware there was a time limit on threads and when you could read/ask/answer a question in a thread. Especially since its only been 6 months..not 6 years. I googled a question and this thread came up..sorry I offended your thread rules
no no no we don't have rules against necrothreads or anything. I post that in almost all threads that get dug up - for the sole reason of alerting people that whatever issue/topic the thread is about is not a new one. You'd be surprised how people react when a problem/issue thread pops up, even if its from 2 years ago.
Old 01-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #53
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
no no no we don't have rules against necrothreads or anything. I post that in almost all threads that get dug up - for the sole reason of alerting people that whatever issue/topic the thread is about is not a new one. You'd be surprised how people react when a problem/issue thread pops up, even if its from 2 years ago.
Good comeback... I thought you were toast there for a minute...
Old 01-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #54
CamaroChelline

Quote:
Gotcha...I thought you were pissed that I asked that question 6 months after the last post..no harm no foul..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Good comeback... I thought you were toast there for a minute...
Hey you!!!! How have you been lately?? Just the other day I found the video we took of you doing donuts at C5fest 1...it's still awesome. Lol
Old 01-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #55
ddunerider
So-Cal Race team!!

Drives: Tahoe LTZ,2010 2SS/M6 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to ddunerider
Quote:
Originally Posted by rally yellow ss rs View Post
So how do you tell if you have a R6P camaro?
You payed a extra 10k....
Old 01-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #56
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14pilot View Post
Maybe... way out in the future, like 30-40 years. My VIN# is 11XXX. It is not a R6P car. No sensor bubbles, has the GM badge and chicklets. Since my VIN is lower than yours, tells me that R6Ps don't have an ending VIN before regular production orders.
Wow, I'll be 80 or 90. Still driving my Camaro, I hope!!