Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-08-2016, 10:51 PM   #15
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOC52 View Post
Seems like a lot of C5 members have been beating c7s lately. I think these c7 owners didn't know they were racing
I agree.. I have a C6.. and it's faster than my Camaro in every way....
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:59 AM   #16
GreenAppleLS3

Drives: Synergy Green SS Camaro 6 speed
I dont know how anyone can say you cant do it without a cam ect blah blah blah. The fastest bolt on camaros are faster then stock c7 times.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:38 PM   #17
DOC52
THE U

Drives: Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAppleLS3 View Post
I dont know how anyone can say you cant do it without a cam ect blah blah blah. The fastest bolt on camaros are faster then stock c7 times.
Those are the fastest bolt on camaros on the forum/around the country with experienced drivers who track their car. Don't think the fastest bolt on camaros are out there racing stock c7's in Mexico because they already know they're faster lol
Old 09-09-2016, 02:41 PM   #18
DOC52
THE U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsafe17 View Post
I agree.. I have a C6.. and it's faster than my Camaro in every way....
The C6's are amazing cars and becoming more and more affordable. I kind of wish I would have picked up a used C6 instead of the Camaro, might have to be the next project down the road.
Old 09-09-2016, 02:47 PM   #19
ytown87

Drives: C6 Corvette
Quote:
The C6's are amazing cars and becoming more and more affordable. I kind of wish I would have picked up a used C6 instead of the Camaro, might have to be the next project down the road.
completely agree. my biggest regret is the day I was at the Chevy dealership standing next to a black/black C6 manual with low miles and they only wanted 28k for it. this was 3 years ago. my dad looked at me and reminded me that insurance would kill me. if I knew then what I know now that the insurance on a Vette is actually less than my Camaro and the Vette woulda been wayyy more economic for me to have as a daily. unfortunately Camaro values have tanked and Vettes have gone up. that same Vette today would sticker mid 30s. I'll get my Vette one day
2008 C6 m6. Carbon creations front/rear carbon fiber wodebody fenders. Carbon fiber hood carbon fiber roof hoop carbon fiber zr1 extreme spoiler. NW 102mm tb. Ported intake manifold. Cometic .040 head gaskets. LG motorsports G6x3 cam. DSX flex fuel sensor. AEM methanol kit. Z06 brakes. Ebiach sway bars. ZR1 rep wheels and Nitto Invo tires. Monster stage 3 twin disc clutch. MGW short shifter. Corbeau race seats. Gforce race harnesses. SLP loudmouth 2 mufflers. Carbon fiber exhaust tips. RPM stage 4 transmission and Stage 3 rear diff. 3.73 gears. Vararam cai. Kooks 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe.
ytown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 01:29 PM   #20
PapaKlutch

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ytown87 View Post
completely agree. my biggest regret is the day I was at the Chevy dealership standing next to a black/black C6 manual with low miles and they only wanted 28k for it. this was 3 years ago. my dad looked at me and reminded me that insurance would kill me. if I knew then what I know now that the insurance on a Vette is actually less than my Camaro and the Vette woulda been wayyy more economic for me to have as a daily. unfortunately Camaro values have tanked and Vettes have gone up. that same Vette today would sticker mid 30s. I'll get my Vette one day
Yes! C6 are a good buy in my book. In early 2015, I was shopping for a C6ZO6. I bought the Camaro for one reason: My CEO (aka wife) insisted on one thing; your car has to have more than 2 seats, since we have a teenager still at home. Oh well......perhaps a C7 after his high school days are finished.......
Old 09-11-2016, 02:03 PM   #21
GreenAppleLS3

Drives: Synergy Green SS Camaro 6 speed
Quote:
Those are the fastest bolt on camaros on the forum/around the country with experienced drivers who track their car. Don't think the fastest bolt on camaros are out there racing stock c7's in Mexico because they already know they're faster lol
And the fastest stock c7 drivers are the fastest on the forum and around the country....
Who says the c7 driver has any experience?
Old 09-11-2016, 05:03 PM   #22
DOC52
THE U

Quote:
And the fastest stock c7 drivers are the fastest on the forum and around the country....
Who says the c7 driver has any experience?
No one did, thats why the Camaro "won"

In this specific thread the OP has 2" headers and an intake... The fastest bolt-on camaros without a cam typically have a converter, the OP is a manual...

I'm just stating that just because there is a handful of Camaro's in the country that are naturally aspirated and run 10s doesn't mean that a basic bolt-on Camaro is going to beat every c7, especially when they state they pulled easily on the C7 vette several times. Just sounds fishy in my opinion from my personal experiences/what I have seen with my own eyes.

Maybe the Vette was waiting for the Camaro to get out in front a couple cars and then reel him in. My buddy with a bolt on GTO likes to do this to our 03 Cobra Terminator friend, makes the Termi friend feel like he's fast and then he puts a couple cars on him. The Camaro guy thought he gapped the C7, and let off, when the Vette was actually waiting to take off? lol
Old 09-11-2016, 05:23 PM   #23
DOC52
THE U

Quote:
Since you want to race fast lists, I'll paper race with you.

So in this particular case a SS LS3 M6 without internal mods vs. stock C7 Z51 A8:

Camaro5
The fastest one on this forum has LT, Exhaust, PTB, UDP, Tune, Skinnies, and 17" DR's. He ran a 11.60 at 119.17 mph.

Corvette Forum
The fastest stock C7 Z51 A8 with stock tires: 11.372 at 119.94 mph.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:24 PM   #24
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
I love these internet debates.....when people post vids of themselves racing and beating cars they shouldn't every keyboard racer chimes in with comments on what "should" happen. If everybody sat back and said you shouldn't do this or that because you would lose then nobody would do anything. I lost to a Hellcat by a car or so......does that make my car slightly slower then one? Of course not....the point is people doing have a lot better story line then people that don't do. Who gives a shit if the internet drag racers say you will lose......get out there and race your shit......you will have a lot better time doing it then talking about it. I've raced a Hellcat.....392 Challenger Scat pack.... Boss 302 and a Audi R8 V8 within the last year. What was I thinking? According to this thread I should be losing to most if not all those cars. But I didn't......things don't always go as they should.

Last edited by rontammy0; 09-11-2016 at 05:44 PM.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 06:22 PM   #25
DOC52
THE U

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I love these internet debates.....when people post vids of themselves racing and beating cars they shouldn't every keyboard racer chimes in with comments on what "should" happen. If everybody sat back and said you shouldn't do this or that because you would lose then nobody would do anything. I lost to a Hellcat by a car or so......does that make my car slightly slower then one? Of course not....the point is people doing have a lot better story line then people that don't do. Who gives a shit if the internet drag racers say you will lose......get out there and race your shit......you will have a lot better time doing it then talking about it. I've raced a Hellcat.....392 Challenger Scat pack.... Boss 302 and a Audi R8 V8 within the last year. What was I thinking? According to this thread I should be losing to most if not all those cars. But I didn't......things don't always go as they should.
More power to you, but it comes down to the driver. Just calling out a troll when I see one, which in this case a C7 auto getting walked.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:24 PM   #26
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
More power to you, but it comes down to the driver. Just calling out a troll when I see one, which in this case a C7 auto getting walked.
I'm agreeing with you.
Old 09-11-2016, 06:41 PM   #27
DOC52
THE U

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
I'm agreeing with you.
I read it wrong my bad brother, just hate paper racers. Don't like liars either
Old 09-11-2016, 06:43 PM   #28
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
I read it wrong my bad brother, just hate paper racers. Don't like liars either
Haha..maybe I didn't write it properly. Yep paper racers are getting very common here.

Tags
camaro, corvette, ls3