Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-17-2015, 12:23 AM   #1
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: Sold c7, in the market!
trade 2010 2LT for used C6 vette or C6 ss camaro?!

I need some quick advise. i have been searching all sorts of forums to try to figure out this answer

i found a full option 2010 corvette (LS3 not GS) with 26K miles on it for $31K and i am thinking of trading my 2010 cameo 2LT for it

my camaro, which has 80K miles, is starting to show its age, the transmission has become absolutely abysmal (i have had it rebuilt 2 times now). i mean it works and all, but it doesn't shift smoothly at all, and sometimes it pops out of 3rd gear. i am worried that by next year it will be un-drivable and require another rebuild, which i already got quoted at $1700 for. and there is a small crack developing in the dash board. you can only really see it if you are looking for it.

and i am nervous that when the new camaros come out, the 2010 camaro will go down in value a lot. my car is still worth around $15K.

i really want a 2016 2SS camaro, but those things will probably be around $40K, and with markups, they might just not be worth it.

i also noticed that corvettes don't really lose their value like cameras do. lots of 2009 corvettes with less options cost more than the vette i found.

i want to take this vette to a mechanical and get it looked at. if its not perfect, i think i will just buy a used 5th gen 2SS.

what do you guys think?

Last edited by khabboub; 09-17-2015 at 12:34 AM. Reason: more detail
khabboub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:36 AM   #2
Blake_GM

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS in IBM
Drive an SS and the C6 and decide from there.

They are 2 completely different cars.

I have a cammed SS and I picked up an '08 Z51 C6 coupe with 14K miles on it a few weeks ago. I didn't think they would be that different from one another..but they are.

I like them both for what they each are..I would probably stick to a Camaro for DD purposes though. In all fairness I don't DD either of them. IMO the Camaro is just more comfortable. I'm not saying the Vette is uncomfortable at all..but the Camaro is bigger inside which can make it a bit nicer in general driving.

Can't go wrong with either.

Good luck man, keep us posted.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:40 AM   #3
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Why are you having to pay for trans rebuilds? Do they not honor your 100K powertrain warranty?
Old 09-17-2015, 02:15 AM   #4
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
Why are you having to pay for trans rebuilds? Do they not honor your 100K powertrain warranty?
well my car is out of warranty now. its 100K or 5 years, and i have had the camaro for nearly 6 years.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:57 AM   #5
specsnomin

Drives: bmw
specsnomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:02 AM   #6
khabboub
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Quote:
Originally Posted by specsnomin View Post
yeah i know. i have driven both of them. I'm just curious what everyone else thinks is a better move.

keep my camaro for another year and trade for a 2016 SS

or trade my camaro now for the 2010 vette and then sell that in a year or to to get a 2016 ss?

or trade my car in now for a 2012~ish 2ss?

i think we can all admit that the 5th gen camaro will lose value a lot faster than the c6 vette will at this point. i mean who knows
Old 09-17-2015, 04:19 AM   #7
sdynak

Drives: 2010 1SS
I don't think the G5 will just drop in value due to the 6.. I see it with boats all the time where the new model comes out and is priced higher pushing the older models up along with it.. So if anyone get starglazed eyes on a 6 but don't have the budget they go looking at 5's and push sales up ultimately price.. not everyone has the cash for new models and will jump on them just cause of a new model with features and weight changes.. Some folks just like appearance overall and they don't care.. Don't look at it as a stock market .. Just my 2 cents.. Personally a Camaro suits me better but I would not snub a vette if the right deal was there.. my kids are older and out of the house so its usually just me and the wife.. I like the Camaro for the looks and function. You need to decide what suits you and go for it..
sdynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:17 AM   #8
SacraMaro

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, M6, NPP
Corvette

2002 Black on Black Convertible Z/28, M6 History
2002 Sunset Orange Metallic Z/28, M6 History
1981 Gold Berlinetta, Auto History
1976 C10 Stepside, History
SacraMaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2ss, corvette, trade