Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-27-2015, 09:44 PM   #29
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
I want this to be a learning adventure for all of us
Maybe Someday once I think im done, Ill open a little more technical theories like a forum on what we did something like:

who much boost did it get before we started and after. It was about 5 pounds of boost and now gets on boost to 8 pounds

before the AFR@ WOT was mid10s and now its in the middle upper 11s.

I made the car drive well, but I want the power

post up your question and Ill try answer them if I know it

Last edited by Tampa Tuning; 04-02-2015 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 09:59 PM   #30
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
Power at 5 lbs vs power at 8 lbs? Maybe a dyno chart comparing the before time and the Tampa tune?

Patiently waiting for my 2023 SS 1LE
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:10 AM   #31
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I just want to know how what you are learning is going to apply/help those of us naturally aspirated folks when we get our tunes tweaked. ( be nice to the newby)
Old 03-28-2015, 11:11 AM   #32
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Question #3.
Will you be able to offer any manner of remote tune such as a handheld tuner?

Thanks!
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 11:43 AM   #33
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Do you have access to the injection timing tables yet?

What is your highest MAF g/sec reading? So far I've seen it max out at 655.35 g/sec at 12 psi of boost.

I'm curious to see how fast you ramp up the fuel pressure at low RPM to deal with the boost. I can supply plenty of fuel at 12 PSI but only in 3rd gear due to how fast 2nd gear goes.
Old 03-29-2015, 08:31 AM   #34
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
Power at 5 lbs vs power at 8 lbs? Maybe a dyno chart comparing the before time and the Tampa tune?
Not yet, but hopefully in the next couple weeks. The 5 pounds was under the old calibration and we cant see what's been changed because we had to erase the ECM twice to make HP Tuners run on it. When we scanned it on the original arrival dyno run, HP Tuners scanner wasn't working and wouldn't scan. First we thought because we were locked out of the ECM it wouldn't scan the car properly. When we erased the ECM and it still wouldn't scan with HP Tuners, we scratched our head and plugged in the shop scan tool, and it scanned. Then we deleted 75 % of our primary display table parameters, and we scanned with HP Tuner reading the minimum. In hindsight, we didn't realize we were trying to scan to many parameters like we can with Cobalts and had we deleted tables from the arrival scan, we could have learned more about what the Camaro was doing before erasing the calibration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
I just want to know how what you are learning is going to apply/help those of us naturally aspirated folks when we get our tunes tweaked. ( be nice to the newby)

Like we teach at The Tuning School, Learn on a hard build, and the bolt ons vehicle will be easier. It different from the V8 models we learned on. Its a load based calibration with Power Enrichment Lamba based on the driver demand torque %. So we based the calibration on Air load % and calculated load %. The reason we stopped after the first couple hours was we kept getting knock on only the number 2 cylinder. First we wanted to determine if we could over come it, then we changed the spark plugs because they were over gapped, but still had the issue. The knock was inconsistent, and when we ran out of time we were determining if it was true knock or picking up false knock off the dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Question #3.
Will you be able to offer any manner of remote tune such as a handheld tuner?

Thanks!
I dont see that happening. I only provide mail order calibration with vehicles with similar set ups. Since we had to re-map tables that can put the vehicle in reduced power mode, I can only seeing providing this service real time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Do you have access to the injection timing tables yet?

What is your highest MAF g/sec reading? So far I've seen it max out at 655.35 g/sec at 12 psi of boost.

I'm curious to see how fast you ramp up the fuel pressure at low RPM to deal with the boost. I can supply plenty of fuel at 12 PSI but only in 3rd gear due to how fast 2nd gear goes.
I scanned Injector Pulse width in MSEC. Yes I do have access to injector timing high/low threshold and Homogenous knock intake based on load

We were out to 9208 HZs on the MAF @ 6700 RPMs with under 300 G/S.

I haven't seen an issue with supplying fuel yet.
Since the area you maybe having a problem with is the fuel pressure ramp limit relative to fuel percent, maybe you can try multiplying to apply a change to the 1400-1800 RPM area to determine if that's hopefully with fuelling. I don't know that yet

I hope that helps,
Phil
Old 03-29-2015, 08:57 AM   #35
RubyCamaro
Jan

Solving that will be a big thing for us. My tuner (DBR High Performance in Smyrna, TN) said that was one of the difficulties with my Camaro. He was convinced it was picking up noise from the dyno, reading it as as knock & pulling timing. However, he said he could not access tables to adjust knock sensitivity. He said when he took it on the road it performed "perfectly" but I never saw that data.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:28 AM   #36
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
I scanned Injector Pulse width in MSEC. Yes I do have access to injector timing high/low threshold and Homogenous knock intake based on load

We were out to 9208 HZs on the MAF @ 6700 RPMs with under 300 G/S.

I haven't seen an issue with supplying fuel yet.
Since the area you maybe having a problem with is the fuel pressure ramp limit relative to fuel percent, maybe you can try multiplying to apply a change to the 1400-1800 RPM area to determine if that's hopefully with fuelling. I don't know that yet

I hope that helps,
Phil
There is actually another table that is in the Cobalt LNF and LFX tunes, it controls when to start the fuel injection. Default I believe is 360 degrees, but the Cobalt guys said that if you start getting knock you can go up to 420 degrees and it will control it. It also gives you more time to inject fuel. This is one table that I've been waiting for HP Tuners to unlock.

The MAX fuel pulse time I've been able to do is 9.5 seconds, after that the car starts to misfire since you are injecting into the ignition event.

At 11 PSI is when I hit the max MAF g/sec, around 11,000 HZ.

I'm having to use methanol as a secondary fuel supply since I run about 13 psi of boost at 7200 RPM's. I try to hit 0.9 lambda since I also run 10% ethanol fuel to help control detonation.

This is from one of my logs with a 3.48" pulley on a Vortech V3 (IPF Setup) in 3rd gear doing a pull to redline (3.91 gears also, 1st gear is fast). You can see how fast the fuel rail pressure drops after 9 PSI. Also have an issue around 4800 RPM's where my Air Load will read 160% then drop to 130%, trying to find the table that controls that part. This ECU is very complicated, one table has to talk to multiple other tables to get an answer. Almost like the Bosch ECU is based off a committee.
Attached Images

Old 03-29-2015, 10:31 AM   #37
MagnumForceGB

Oh yeah, since the ECU is slow reporting the PID's for RPM and MPH, I use the following for RPM and MPH.

True Engine RPM: [PID.4110]+[PID.4311] (Trans Input Shaft RPM + TCC Slip RPM)

True MPH: [PID.4111] * 0.021 (Trans Output Shaft RPM * 0.021, my 3.91 gears with stock 275/40/R20 tires)

Helps me figure out exactly what RPM stuff is happening at.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:24 AM   #38
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
What will your new tune do to a Non Supercharged car?
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:57 PM   #39
RubyCamaro
Jan

It is already pretty good but now there is hope for even better!!!
Old 03-29-2015, 09:37 PM   #40
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
There is actually another table that is in the Cobalt LNF and LFX tunes, it controls when to start the fuel injection. Default I believe is 360 degrees, but the Cobalt guys said that if you start getting knock you can go up to 420 degrees and it will control it. It also gives you more time to inject fuel.

This ECU is very complicated, one table has to talk to multiple other tables to get an answer. Almost like the Bosch ECU is based off a committee.
You sir get a prize for the last line. Just when you get in to the computer and something override it for a change.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:09 AM   #41
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
I wish I was a gear head and could understand what you all are talking about lol. I know I want to tune my car down the road, I jsut have bolt ons.. is this good news for me too??
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:20 AM   #42
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abomb1223 View Post
I wish I was a gear head and could understand what you all are talking about lol. I know I want to tune my car down the road, I jsut have bolt ons.. is this good news for me too??
Yes, if you put enough bolt-ons on you can exceed the stock airload and that will cause the throttle to partially close since the engine thinks it is making too much torque. Also you can change the urgency tables to provide the throttle control you want.

For Autos it is even bigger, the stock trans tune sucks and Trifecta was worthless. I have 45% Torque Management in mine still but it shifts so much better. The stock 3-4 sport mode shift is 0.02 seconds too fast and can cause problems.

Last edited by MagnumForceGB; 03-30-2015 at 10:32 AM.
MagnumForceGB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, corvette, ctvs, v6 tuner in tampa