Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-23-2014, 12:48 PM   #57
sprayedv

Drives: 2012 CTS-V, 2010 Camaro SS
Some of you guys get baited so hard by trolls. lol

2012 CTS-V: Cosmetic Chute.
sprayedv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:49 PM   #58
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinfett View Post
As far as everything else, we get enough assistance from the state to make it alright. Food and medical is payed for.

So you all are on welfare and you want to buy a Corvette? I honestly am tired of paying for you. Can I have MY money back, please?
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #59
Austinfett

Drives: A blue decent little olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprayedv View Post
Some of you guys get baited so hard by trolls. lol
I'm not trolling. Is my thinking really that ****ing retarded?
Austinfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #60
Austinfett

Drives: A blue decent little olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
So you all are on welfare and you want to buy a Corvette? I honestly am tired of paying for you. Can I have MY money back, please?
Well actually, we never used to be. But my mom had my dad kicked out, so we lost his income. So she had to apply for insurance. Actually, i don't think our food is payed for. But we make it ok. Our bills are always payed for.

But seriously, i think i'm just gonna save a couple grand and buy a 4th gen z28
Austinfett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:55 PM   #61
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:

You are scamming the government, talking about committing fraud, and... trolling.
Maybe you could man-up and give YOUR income to mom so that people like me don't have to buy your food and insurance.

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #62
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
yeah, it's pretty retarded. use your money to help your mom.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:16 PM   #63
abaucom21

Drives: 2011 2LT White, 1966 TBird conv.
The only trolls on this thread are trolls that have nothing to say except they imagine a troll is posting. Trolls should stop looking in their mirrors when they post useless replies.
abaucom21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:28 PM   #64
sprayedv

Drives: 2012 CTS-V, 2010 Camaro SS
You have an LT so you're opinion doesn't count.

(see what I did there)

2012 CTS-V: Cosmetic Chute.
sprayedv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #65
Da Mammer

Drives: 2010 camaro SS... shell...
Quote:
Yup
Old 08-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #66
RJT RS

Drives: 11 RJT 2LT/RS
Thumbs up Agreed, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubzzz44 View Post
yeah... save your money, go to school full time, get a real job, than worry about having nice things
Wayyy to generic of a statement. I know again wayyyy too many people that did that & can't get a career or job. Get an education in something that will pay off your student debt, or at least something you LOVE if it doesn't.

Specifically the car: BEST advice I ever got, If you can't pay cash you don't NEED it. Excp #1, a house. Excp #2 maybe a car. In this case, NO cause it won't be worth the final price it cost.
RJT RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:26 PM   #67
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubzzz44 View Post
yeah... save your money, go to school full time, get a real job, than worry about having nice things
In another words , put your priorities on order
You will have nothing ($) left to go out with your friends , let alone a girlfriend

If you don't want to ask your mother /father , ask that uncle of yours, that you can talk about this things
Everyone has a older uncle , that seems to be the one , that anyone can talk to
Ask him !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:42 PM   #68
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Just buy a cheap car for now and keep working hard. All the cool toys are a byproduct of success. Focus on career for now and then maybe in 5-10 years you can buy a house and put both a Vette and Camaro in the garage. I know that is hard for a young person to hear but that is the reality and what makes the most sense given your situation right now. Hopefully, these comments don't depress you but rather motivate you to work hard for these nice things in life. But keep in mind these are just things that come and go in life, make sure you have you priorities in order and good things will come.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 06:57 PM   #69
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
I had this same brilliant idea when I was 18 to buy a Corvette. I had a good job and the payments weren't going to be a problem.....but.....the freakin insurance was more than my car payments. I could have probably afforded to pay them both but I couldn't justify paying that kind of money to the insurance company "just in case". Then I figured if I got a ticket or 2 they would just cancel my insurance and I would have a car that I am paying payments on that no one will insure.

You have plenty of time in your life, why would you want to pay over $4K per year to your insurance company? You should ask your insurance company what if you get a ticket, 2 tickets, an accident....will they dump you? If they do dump you good luck on finding anyone to insure you.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #70
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
Only you can decide if you should or shouldn't. If your really wanting to buy a sportscar, I would recommend saving up and making a substantial down payment - to keep your monthly payments down. Sounds like you already have a job and buying a car may help motivate you to keep working to get even better paying jobs. But any vehicle will have the same concerns about insurance. Drive responsibly and the type of car isn't the issue. You should probably look for a pre-owned car in good condition though. This way if you change your mind after a year, you wont take as big of a loss if you end up having to sell it.
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, corvette, too-young