Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-25-2016, 06:30 PM   #253
z28guy30

Drives: 2016 camaro 1ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by z06psi View Post
The key is to show her how much money you will have to spend if you wait. Tell her you are saving money.
I will have to try that. lol
z28guy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 08:49 AM   #254
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSound View Post
It's not our job to call out stupidity on the opposing forums. If I was thinking of buying a Mustang I would join and would comment on any inaccurate info being posted. But I'm not, therefore I will not be a troll on their forum.
If you're a car guy first, there shouldn't be any harm in pointing out the occasional inaccuracy that you happen to stumble across either.

Sometimes, seeing things from a different perspective helps, and if you don't allow yourself the sort of "cross-pollination of thoughts" opportunity that comes from listening to the guy with that "other car" or peeking into his forums from time to time you might be missing out on something useful.

Norm
Old 03-29-2016, 10:00 AM   #255
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
If you're a car guy first, there shouldn't be any harm in pointing out the occasional inaccuracy that you happen to stumble across either.

Sometimes, seeing things from a different perspective helps, and if you don't allow yourself the sort of "cross-pollination of thoughts" opportunity that comes from listening to the guy with that "other car" or peeking into his forums from time to time you might be missing out on something useful.

Norm
I would agree, on a forum where the moderators want to encourage fair debate and ensure accurate information is presented for it's members. But Mustang6 moderators clearly do not want that otherwise Phil and his cronies would have been banned long ago. So therefore going over there to to correct inaccuracies would only result is kicking up a shit storm and eventually get you banned. I know there are some who "walk a fine line" to stay members over there but it just goes to show the bias of their moderators. The truth has to be whispered and sugar coated, but outright lies from the fanboys are praised and condoned by their own bias. There are several other Ford/Mustang forums which are much better places to conduct reasonable debate on.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:33 AM   #256
Brutus2

Drives: White 2016 Camaro SS 1ss A/8 MR NPP
Quote:

Norm
Well said...and that is a beautiful Mustang you have , best looking year in my opinion barring the 1969 Mach I
Brutus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:48 AM   #257
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
I would agree, on a forum where the moderators want to encourage fair debate and ensure accurate information is presented for it's members. But Mustang6 moderators clearly do not want that otherwise Phil and his cronies would have been banned long ago. So therefore going over there to to correct inaccuracies would only result is kicking up a shit storm and eventually get you banned. I know there are some who "walk a fine line" to stay members over there but it just goes to show the bias of their moderators. The truth has to be whispered and sugar coated, but outright lies from the fanboys are praised and condoned by their own bias. There are several other Ford/Mustang forums which are much better places to conduct reasonable debate on.
It can be as much - or even more - about how you say [whatever it is] than what it is you're trying to add to the discussion.

Way back in my beginning time over on M6g I saw where the main culprit requested (and apparently got) a little more freedom than perhaps should have been granted.

But moderation can be too much as well as too little or too unevenly administered. On a totally different Mustang forum there's a member who's more than once run off whining to the moderators when the discussion takes a turn he doesn't care for (even when the knowledge was what he needed). I won't say where, to protect the guilty parties. He did within two months of joining what nobody had ever done in the preceding 15 years.

Norm
Old 03-29-2016, 11:51 AM   #258
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2 View Post
Well said...and that is a beautiful Mustang you have , best looking year in my opinion barring the 1969 Mach I
Thanks, Brutus.

It's still a fun car both on and off the track.

Don't think I haven't "borrowed" thoughts from this forum . . .

Norm
Old 03-29-2016, 12:16 PM   #259
SuperSound

Quote:
It can be as much - or even more - about how you say [whatever it is] than what it is you're trying to add to the discussion.

Way back in my beginning time over on M6g I saw where the main culprit requested (and apparently got) a little more freedom than perhaps should have been granted.

But moderation can be too much as well as too little or too unevenly administered. On a totally different Mustang forum there's a member who's more than once run off whining to the moderators when the discussion takes a turn he doesn't care for (even when the knowledge was what he needed). I won't say where, to protect the guilty parties. He did within two months of joining what nobody had ever done in the preceding 15 years.

Norm
Completely agree and many approach the matter entirely the wrong way. Two wrongs don't make a right as the saying goes.

Moderation of a forum is a tough job, but again there are blatant offenders over there that keep people from joining their community. To me that should be the number one priority to remove members who give the community a bad name. Being too strict can do the exact same thing, so it is a delicate balance for sure.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:11 PM   #260
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Here is a fine example!
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=446293
Old 03-29-2016, 04:17 PM   #261
SuperSound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
It is, but to be fair one of our member stirred them up. So like an overly insecure teenager...they come over here for payback. And another reason I won't post over there. It will do more harm than good.

Old 03-29-2016, 04:53 PM   #262
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
It is, but to be fair one of our member stirred them up. So like an overly insecure teenager...they come over here for payback. And another reason I won't post over there. It will do more harm than good.
Good point and yeah that was a similar post.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:27 PM   #263
SuperSound

Quote:
Good point and yeah that was a similar post.
BTW, I laugh everytime I see your avatar

Old 03-29-2016, 06:45 PM   #264
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Both forums have their fair share. I'm on here to learn and observe since I'm a car person and far from brand loyal. I'm there obviously more since that's the car I have. This generation is probably the worst it's been in a long time regarding the e-peen measurement contest between the two camps. Quite frankly it's embarrassing for both sides.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:24 AM   #265
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Quote:
That's been "rectified"...I enjoy posting on the forum like any person...but I sometimes wonder how much extra time someone must have to spend it intentionally bothering people.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:25 AM   #266
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
That's been "rectified"...I enjoy posting on the forum like any person...but I sometimes wonder how much extra time someone must have to spend it intentionally bothering people.
Ah, I was wondering what happened.. Thanks for that, if you're the one that killed the thread.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote