Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #1
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
A life long journey

Wow what a car! I've had it only 10 days and I have already broken it in at 1600 miles. There was a rush to get to that milestone because it is utterly annoying driving within the break-in parameters.

The power is amazing and I am completely satisfied. I accidentally gave it too much gas coming on an on-ramp and had to pull over and put my flashers on so I could spit up on the side of the road. That being said, I may be one of the few on this board who plan on doing not one single modification to the car.

The appearance is simply stunning. From the rear it has more booty in the back than my high school sweetheart and the stance is as aggressive as that life insurance salesman who won't stop calling me.

I really love the way this thing sounds at starts ups. It rumbles the whole house and has my wife completely terrified. I really don't know what she's so afraid of because to me it's the payment attached to it that's more frightening than any horror movie I've seen in recent years.

Now for a bit of self disclosure.

This car is a really big deal for me. Back in 1998 when the last generation Camaro Z28 was released with 305 horsepower, it was truly the car of my dreams. I was 20 years old at the time. I would have settled for the 200 hp V6 when I finally got to the dealership, but the salesman said "No what you will settle for is this 115 horsepower Cavalier!" Aww damn! I knew when he came back in sniffling, while holding my credit application I would just have to write Camaro on the side of whatever they let me leave with. In the end he told me I had credit so bad it could make your eyes tear up if you're not careful reading the report.

So anyway I left that day with a car named Chevy, but with little else to do with aCamaro other than being washed by the same water hose. I was disgusted because at the time, I felt I had been denied the greatest, most powerful Camaro ever built. My mother told me if I went to college and got a Bachelor's degree I could have a Camaro. Well I did better than that and got a master's too and still the best I could do was a Cobalt. Little did I know that the man upstairs was testing me. At that time I still wasn't ready, yet he knew long before I laid eyes on the 98 Camaro that the best one to be built was still yet to come. There's no telling a 25 year old man that it will be greater later. Living in the now is all we know.

With that said some 15 years later after going to a million "Buy Here,Pay Over There" lots taking what someone would let me have, I finally have the Camaro of my dreams and I wouldn't change a single thing in my struggles in life to get here.

Again it is truly amazing and all of you guys in waiting, like others have said...it's well worth that wait.

Let's ride!

Last edited by snackbar64; 02-19-2013 at 03:53 PM.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:45 PM   #2
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Old 02-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
swizlstik

Drives: 2018 Garnet ZL1
Oh yeah.......Congrats!!!!!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Congrats, I hope to have a ZL1 someday
Old 02-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #5
Chi-One

Drives: 2013 DUSK Special Edition
Congrats! And POST PICS!!!!!!!!
Chi-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:50 PM   #6
BAD ZL1
BAD ZL1

Drives: 2013 VIN 48 Victory Red ZL1!
The part I heard was you have a high school sweet heart with a booty and a wife, AND a ZL1, you are the MAN! lol...
BAD ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
piepouli

Drives: 04 gmc/ zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD ZL1 View Post
The part I heard was you have a high school sweet heart with a booty and a wife, AND a ZL1, you are the MAN! lol...
piepouli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #8
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snackbar64 View Post
Wow what a car! I've had it only 10 days and I have already broken it in at 1600 miles. There was a rush to get to that milestone because it is utterly annoying driving within the break-in parameters.

The power is amazing and I am completely satisfied. I accidentally gave it too much gas coming on an on-ramp and had to pull over and put my flashers on so I could spit up on the side of the road. That being said, I may be one of the few on this board who plan on doing not one single modification to the car.

The appearance is simply stunning. From the rear it has more booty in the back than my high school sweetheart and the stance is as aggressive as that life insurance salesman who won't stop calling me.

I really love the way this thing sounds at starts ups. It rumbles the whole house and has my wife completely terrified. I really don't know what she's so afraid of because to me it's the payment attached to it that's more frightening than any horror movie I've seen in recent years.

Now for a bit of self disclosure.

This car is a really big deal for me. Back in 1998 when the last generation Camaro Z28 was released with 305 horsepower, it was truly the car of my dreams. I was 20 years old at the time. I would have settled for the 200 hp V6 when I finally got to the dealership, but the salesman said "No what you will settle for is this 115 horsepower Cavalier!" Aww damn! I knew when he came back in sniffling, while holding my credit application I would just have to write Camaro on the side of whatever they let me leave with. In the end he told me I had credit so bad it could make your eyes tear up if you're not careful reading the report.

So anyway I left that day with a car named Chevy, but with little else to do with aCamaro other than being washed by the same water hose. I was disgusted because at the time, I felt I had been denied the greatest, most powerful Camaro ever built. My mother told me if I went to college and got a Bachelor's degree I could have a Camaro. Well I did better than that and got a master's too and still the best I could do was a Cobalt. Little did I know that the man upstairs was testing me. At that time I still wasn't ready, yet he knew long before I laid eyes on the 98 Camaro that the best one to be built was still yet to come. There's no telling a 25 year old man that it will be greater later. Living in the now is all we know.

With that said some 15 years later after going to a million "Buy Here,Pay Over There" lots taking what someone would let me have, I finally have the Camaro of my dreams and I wouldn't change a single thing in my struggles in life to get here.

Again it is truly amazing and all of you guys in waiting, like others have said...it's well worth that wait.

Let's ride!
...nice post!
Old 02-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #9
OC ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 AGM
Dream Car

Great post here.

I can relate to your history. The ZL1 is also my dream car! I have been a Camaro fan since I was 14 years old reading Hot Rod magazines. I have owned three first gen Camaros, but they were never what I envisioned. The ZL1 is everything that I ever wanted and more. Looks, HP, handling, comfort, and technology. Love it!!!

Congratulations to you. Enjoy your ZL1 everyday!
Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #10
rzrbck_zl1

Drives: '13 ZL1 CRT #702; '05 Hemi Ram
Congrats on the ZL1, and thanks for sharing your story.
rzrbck_zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:37 PM   #11
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Great post, congratulations and enjoy!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 AM   #12
snackbar64

Drives: SW 2017 ZL1, M6, Carbon, Nav, MR,
Thanks guys! Enjoying it more and more each day. Headed on a trip to the west coast next month and it should be epic.
snackbar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #13
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Great post and though I've owned a few Camaro's, I've yet to posess a beast such as the ZL1. That day will come my friend, that day will come . Congrats and happy trails

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #14
Johnman

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 convertible IOM
You have a great flair for writing, Snackbar. You should bring your car out to Cars and Coffee in Plano. 1st Sat. Every month, at the BMW dealership (Dallas Noth Tollway and Spring Creek Pkwy). Shouldn't be a very long drive from Prosper. Did you decide on the clear bra yet?
Johnman is offline   Reply With Quote