The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-02-2015, 09:31 AM   #29
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis_pro View Post
Simply put, projection, insecurity and unhappiness. She uses her car to feel more secure about herself, and insulting your car to make herself feel more secure and happy shows how unfulfilled she really feels. In the end, she has a much deeper problem that is being projected on your car that needs to be addressed.
correct, and even purchasing a ZL1 and talking "down" to her SS would not work. Because then she would point out the money she saved on the SS for the "same" car. That her car is better due to ROI. For people with this type of issue, there is never a 'winning' argument, as facts are irrelevant.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:29 AM   #30
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
What I love about my 2LS Camaro that, in many ways, it is the same car as the SS. I'd rather have the "entry" level of a car who's platform is designed around performance, than the "performance" version of a car designed around a budget (think Camaro 2LS versus a Mazda Speed3). I know that isn't exactly the comparison in question here, but that is what it comes down to...what do you want to spend your money on?

Just yesterday, my Mom brought her 2014 Nissan Sentra to the dealership for something. She said she liked it, but liked the way my car rode far better (the way it takes bumps, the way it holds the road, etc). The guy a Nissan asked what I drove. When she said, "Camaro", they said "Well, yeah of course."

That is without a V8, or RS or 1LE package...just the basics. And those basics are pretty damn good.

So...If someone can't enjoy or appreciate the shared DNA between an LS/LT and an SS, then they aren't much of a Camaro enthusiast.
Old 03-02-2015, 11:33 AM   #31
mpiersd

Drives: ABM #2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
I'm sure you know this, but your sister in law has a huge problem, and it's not anything to do with a car.
, sounds like my mother-in-law.

Bernadette: 2LT/RS, ABM #2041 of 3903
ZL-1 Springs | CAI | Muffler delete | Magnaflow resonator | LED DRL | DRL harness | RX Catch Can | Mini me

Cortana: 2015 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
V&H Power Duals Headers & Oversized 450 Raider mufflers | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 Chisel Extreme intake | Screamin' Eagle Stage 1 programmer | Klock Werks 12" Pro-Touring windscreen

Own an Aqua Blue Metallic Camaro?
Click here to join us on Facebook and help us in establishing the Aqua Blue Registry to locate all 3903 of these beautiful Camaros!
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 01:01 PM   #32
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:43 PM   #33
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
So she didn't say anything about the tail lights?
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:07 PM   #34
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Ask anyone that wanted or owned a "power car" in the 80's and 90's. The V-6 Camaros are animals and interior/options don't really vary much from the V-8 models. A Gen5 V-6 Camaro is a righteous vehicle. That lady has issues. Good luck!
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 06:11 PM   #35
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
You must be LeeAnn's husband...lol

You might want to read what I wrote again and think about it a few times before responding. I stated the same thing as everyone else, that it was not appropriate for her to say those things. Maybe now that I have repeated it, you will understand. No, I'm not her husband, nor yours. Comprehension is a wonderful thing.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 10:45 AM   #36
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
I had no trouble at all understanding what you said in your last paragraph, but the fact that it was preceded by two paragraphs of how a V6 Camaro is not only beneath you but also your wife pretty much negates anything you said afterward.