Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Review: Sonax Full Effect

I recently wanted to try out Sonax Full Effect in comparison to my previous review of Poorboy's Spray and Rinse and Wolf's Clean and Coat which you can find by clicking here.

Sonax Full Effect has been around quite a while and can be found at many detail outlets and runs around $16.99 for 16oz of product, I tested this product at full concentration which is recommended. I did not get it in the bottle but transferred it to another bottle I had. You can see it here in it's lime green glory.

This product works great on even the dirtiest of wheels and is great for German vehicles which are prone to excessive brake dusting turning bright wheels dark and dusty looking. If you don't know what I'm talking about next time you go the grocery store check out BMW's and Mercedes. My wheels weren't too dirty overall.

Quick before as I said not too dirty.

Here it is in action, I let it dwell for roughly 1 minute, slightly spray it it to wet it and then agitate with a Wheel Woolie. After I scrub in between spokes I rinse it down again.

If you look closely at the rotor you can see the color change from green to purple as it reacts to brake dust and other pieces of dirt.

And after cleaning

Overall my thoughts on the product are that it works great, the smell is something to get used to but I found it much less caustic than Poorboy's Spray and Rinse. It does not have as much as an acidic smell to it as well but I would definitely recommend wearing gloves still while using this product. As for cleaning it did clean less than the Poorboy's counterpart but I do say this will be my next wheel cleaning product.

Thanks for reading and post up any comments you may have!
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #2
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I've been meaning to try it nice review.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I have a question:

When you say that it doesn't clean as well as Poorbooys, are you comparing both products as recommended, or are you using the same process?

Poorboys is supposed to be a spray on, rinse off cleaner. Sonax is meant to be agitated.