The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 08-08-2016, 12:22 AM   #1
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
No Man's Sky

Releases on the 9th, so tomorrow night around 9pm on the west coast! Already pre ordered and can't wait! I'll be playing on PC. Also available on PS4, but not Xbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-08-2016, 03:07 AM   #2
Dreamcar16

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
i hope the game doesnt get boring after a week. also, $60 bucks for a indie game doesnt really ride with me. but i do love the fact it takes 405 billion years to fully explore 18 quintillion planets. lettuce know how the game content is when you get it
Dreamcar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:53 PM   #3
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
PC version is delayed.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:15 PM   #4
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Looks interesting.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 05:28 PM   #5
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
PC version is delayed.
Yeah, sucks that we get lumped into the "worldwide release" of the 12th.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 06:42 PM   #6
Dizzy82

From IGN:

Quote:
On day three of my No Man’s Sky journey, I find myself losing faith that there’s something better waiting for me out there. I’ve jumped to more than a dozen stars and passed through a black hole that told me I’d leapt more than 500 light years toward the galactic center. What wonders awaited me on the other side? Pretty much exactly the same things I’d been doing since I awoke on that first world. At this point No Man’s Sky is in desperate need of radical changes in its gameplay loop to hold my interest. What’s here just doesn’t have enough good mechanics and shows no signs of evolving into something better, and right now is too frequently repetitive or frustrating.
I hope the ability to run into other players pans out. Otherwise this will get old very fast.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Old 08-12-2016, 03:10 AM   #7
Dreamcar16

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
From IGN:

I hope the ability to run into other players pans out. Otherwise this will get old very fast.
too bad. was planning on getting the game, time to order battlefield 1.
Dreamcar16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:52 PM   #8
GoldCartridgeGamer

Drives: 2014 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew
PC version is terrible I hear.

How to hug your camaro
Buy the car that you would most like to get beat in. The other guy will always be faster.
GoldCartridgeGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:07 PM   #9
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lgndryhr View Post
PC version is terrible I hear.
Nah. Nowhere near horrible. I've got a dozen hours in it already, and it's very fun.
It's pretty obviously a console port, though. Even though I have a 2560x1440 144hz monitor, the graphics seem to be about 1080p and no better. That's about the only frustrating thing.
I'll whine a little and say "aw, it doesn't have SLI support" but a single GTX 970 is cranking 60fps just fine on unlimited HZ and 1440p output.

Keep in mind it's only 2.6GB installed, and an AMAZING soundtrack. (most of it as procedurally generated as the universe)

Okay, now I'm going to go play more.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:30 AM   #10
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
I may be wrong but from everything I`ve read and the newest reviews of NMS it has no plot, story line or goals to accomplish. If that is true I would think it might get pretty stale after awhile just exploring one planet after another. I like the idea of open world games and places to discover, but there really should be and end goal to accomplish.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:53 AM   #11
Dizzy82

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
I may be wrong but from everything I`ve read and the newest reviews of NMS it has no plot, story line or goals to accomplish. If that is true I would think it might get pretty stale after awhile just exploring one planet after another. I like the idea of open world games and places to discover, but there really should be and end goal to accomplish.
Exactly why I have no interest in getting it.
Old 08-14-2016, 11:44 AM   #12
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickss View Post
Whoever wrote that review didn't pay attention because they probably wanted to hate the game to begin with. There's a LOT of people aboard the "IT'S TOO OVERHYPED--I WANT TO KILL IT" train. It DOES have a plot if you pay attention. There are questlines - I'm following the Atlas quests right now. And the end goal is to reach the center of the universe.

I mean the game does have its flaws, but what game doesn't?

Quote:
Old 08-17-2016, 09:08 AM   #13
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Anything further on this one? I've read from many sources that it's biggest downside is tedious repetition.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:17 AM   #14
xrivera91

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2ss
I never thought I'd get it but I suckered my younger brother into getting it so I could give it a shot. I do get the "there is nothing to do in this game feeling" however I keep playing it. Lol I guess the fact that every Planet is different is what keeps drawing me in.
xrivera91 is offline   Reply With Quote