The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-18-2020, 06:36 AM   #2577
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Video of her 1st place finish if anyone cares to watch.

https://youtu.be/XG5-sfrfNN8
oh hell yeah I care to watch. PR's are something to be extremely proud of, so no way in hell can she be mad. I know the frustrating part of any injury from training hard and pushing your body beyond what it is supposed to do. Way to go Monique!!!!

Wow, that upper body she has is freakin hot and sexy!! I know what type of dedication and work it takes for a girl to get shoulders and arms like that. Just wow, damn impressive as hell!
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 10:23 AM   #2578
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
oh hell yeah I care to watch. PR's are something to be extremely proud of, so no way in hell can she be mad. I know the frustrating part of any injury from training hard and pushing your body beyond what it is supposed to do. Way to go Monique!!!!

Wow, that upper body she has is freakin hot and sexy!! I know what type of dedication and work it takes for a girl to get shoulders and arms like that. Just wow, damn impressive as hell!
HAHA thanks. Not too shabby for a mother of 2 that will be 47 this year

Her entire body is like that except her stomach. She was so fat at one point, having kids, there's just some loose skin. Muscles are still there though....

She's taking this week off then it starts all over.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:00 PM   #2579
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
So what are you guys doing in states where the gyms are closing for the corona virus? They all closed here in Ohio on Monday night. I found some gyms still open in Indiana and drove the 45 miles to one the other day, but I have a feeling they may close soon also. I know there are other things you can do, body-weight, ect. but that is just not the same as heavy squats and deadlifts. I know you can go a couple weeks without losing much muscle, but anything after that is bad and at my age it takes longer to get it back.
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 10:29 AM   #2580
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
So what are you guys doing in states where the gyms are closing for the corona virus? They all closed here in Ohio on Monday night. I found some gyms still open in Indiana and drove the 45 miles to one the other day, but I have a feeling they may close soon also. I know there are other things you can do, body-weight, ect. but that is just not the same as heavy squats and deadlifts. I know you can go a couple weeks without losing much muscle, but anything after that is bad and at my age it takes longer to get it back.
Monique's CF gym is just now closing but there is another, smaller one that she has joined that is still open. The gym I go to is still open but limited "business" hours. It's a 24/7 gym and when I spoke to the owner unless he is actually FORCED to close his doors are staying open.

I've got a few weights here that I guess I will get by with if everything shuts down.

Depending on what type of "shape" you are in, provided you eat, you can go for up to a month doing nothing and be "fine" or at least that is what I've experienced and read. When I tore my pec I was out 10 months and only lost 6lbs of muscle mass according to the inBody scan. I was 46 at the time.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 03-21-2020, 11:27 AM   #2581
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Whats up fellas!

I gave up on gyms in my mid 20s, thank you Golds, San Bernardino, Ca. I do miss the girls in gym clothes as motivators though.

Fast forward thirty years later (how did that happen?) and back to working out again as of last July with limited equipment. Bands, isometrics, and a dip/sit up bar. The bands are fantastic and my workout area is my shop where i can stare at the car. Big, bright white, and well lighted with great big carpeted areas, 12 ceilings, and mega fans moving a lot of air.

Doing keto, strength is back, feeling great, and loving life. I'll never compete but i am beginning to think i've found the fountain of youth.
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 10:11 PM   #2582
Mrbobcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Monique's CF gym is just now closing but there is another, smaller one that she has joined that is still open. The gym I go to is still open but limited "business" hours. It's a 24/7 gym and when I spoke to the owner unless he is actually FORCED to close his doors are staying open.

I've got a few weights here that I guess I will get by with if everything shuts down.

Depending on what type of "shape" you are in, provided you eat, you can go for up to a month doing nothing and be "fine" or at least that is what I've experienced and read. When I tore my pec I was out 10 months and only lost 6lbs of muscle mass according to the inBody scan. I was 46 at the time.
Ohio is going on lockdown starting tomorrow night, so looks like I may be SOL as far as working out for awhile. I was going to try to keep driving to the IN gym, but I'm guessing you could get pulled over and arrested if caught driving in a state with the new rule if you don't have a good excuse of where you are going, correct?
Old 03-23-2020, 06:45 AM   #2583
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Ohio is going on lockdown starting tomorrow night, so looks like I may be SOL as far as working out for awhile. I was going to try to keep driving to the IN gym, but I'm guessing you could get pulled over and arrested if caught driving in a state with the new rule if you don't have a good excuse of where you are going, correct?
more of a fine at the moment. But yeah, our gym was staying open as long as possible and closed yesterday. It closed because we started getting people from all over the city where their gyms had closed, opening our gym up to more and more people...thus the decision to close. So others screwed it up for us because of their desire to workout. Unfortunate, but I understand.

I may get out and walk in the afternoons now, push ups, and a few things I can do with some good dumbbells at my house.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:41 AM   #2584
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

We were able to borrow a rower, a box, an olympic bar, and some plates. In the garage now.

Going to the gym today to see if the deadbolt is turned and see if my card works. If so I'll keep going....if not guess I'll just make do here.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 03-23-2020, 10:42 AM   #2585
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Did the five rounds of bear complex and built from: 1x35lb KB, 1x50 lb DB, 1x70 lb KB, 1x70 lb KB, and failed 2x50 lb DB twice.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 12:43 AM   #2586
Mrbobcat

Wish I knew someone with a personal gym or that I had weights of my own. At the moment, I have nothing. I guess a couple weeks without working out won't kill me as long as it doesn't go any longer than that.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:08 AM   #2587
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
Quote:
Wish I knew someone with a personal gym or that I had weights of my own. At the moment, I have nothing. I guess a couple weeks without working out won't kill me as long as it doesn't go any longer than that.
I have the ability to work out here at home and, while I'm taking advantage of that, I'm also looking at this time off as a time for all injuries to heal a bit.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:35 AM   #2588
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
I'm also looking at this time off as a time for all injuries to heal a bit.
Yep. This is a really good time for those that need it. A lot of people are being "forced" to take time off.

I only have 155lbs here so looks like high reps on main lifts.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 04-13-2020, 11:25 PM   #2589
Mrbobcat

Some IN gym's are supposed to open next Monday. Still closed here as far as I know. I'm debating on whether to go to that gym or not because I'm thinking they will still be closed here for at least 2-3 more weeks. I would have to pay $5 a workout or $10 a week I believe in addition to the Y membership I have now (and not able to use), plus the 45 minute drive. IDK, do you guys think it is worth it or should I wait it out? I've not lifted real weights in about 3 weeks now, but did do some pushups, bodyweight squats and some chin-ups last week. Just doing 9 chin-ups were really hard since I hadn't done any in awhile.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:33 PM   #2590
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
I am biking to get my cardio and although I have tried to find 25lb & 30lb dumb bells, they are no where to be found unless I want to wait 6 weeks for Amazon to deliver, SOOO....

After I am done riding my bike, I am using it as a weight for an upper body workout. Improvise and overcome!!! Can't really get a chest workout, but it works for arms and shoulders. Then I use the stairs for a leg workout.

It will have to do until the gyms open back up around here.

Previous:
18' NFG 2SS 1LE (ZL1 1LE solid rear cradle bushings & Corsa Exhaust)
16' F80 M3 (Ohlin R/T Coilovers)
13' Audi TTRS (APR Stage 1, MSS Springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' E90 M3
06' 335i (KW V2 Coilovers)
03' C5 Z06
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote