The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-30-2020, 07:57 AM   #15
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Hope everything gets better, and looks like some good advice, but reminds me of:

Name:  advice.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  96.1 KB

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 07:09 PM   #16
rocknroll_jeph

Drives: 11 Camaro V6 RS, 03 BMW Z4
This post hits close to home. Even though I still feel young overall I have had bad back pain for almost a year and I just ignored it thinking that I could tough it out. I assumed that I was in pretty good shape physically, but was getting to the point when it was difficult to get out of a chair or bed and the pain in my back was like a constant burning ember. I don't take medication for pain (I don't want to put any kind of drugs in my body) so I just dealt with it.

My girlfriend insisted that I see a doctor. I had not been to a doctor in well over 15 years prior to that. In September I had some x-rays taken and then an MRI which showed a badly ruptured disc as well as inflammation on the spine. The doctor recommended I see a physical therapist.

The therapist made some observations on my posture and muscle development and helped me to correct my posture while sitting and walking as well as teaching me some exercises to improve and strengthen my core muscles.

By paying attention to how I walk, not crossing my legs when I sit and about 10 minutes of evening exercises the pain went away in just a few weeks. Now I feel better than ever and I have in years and didn't take any form of medication or surgery. I'm not saying that this is right for everyone, but it worked for me, I just wish I had learned about this even earlier.
rocknroll_jeph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 02:12 PM   #17
cerberus_ss1

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I have the same feeling now. I am working at the computer and I have severe back pain.
cerberus_ss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 02:17 PM   #18
Sal329

Drives: 2008 Cadillac CTS
I started having back pain a couple of years ago, mostly from sitting too long at work and then it got worse with driving. It got to the point where simple home remedies and over-the-counter painkillers just weren't cutting it anymore. That's when I decided to seek help from a physio clinic. Going there really changed things for me. The physiotherapist, Justin, worked on my back with a mix of exercises, manual therapy, and advice on improving my posture both at work and while driving. He also suggested specific supports for my office chair and car seat that made a huge difference. My back pain, which was pretty severe, started to improve significantly after a few sessions. Justin's approach was very hands-on and personalized, focusing not just on relieving the pain but also preventing it from coming back.
Crystal Red 2008 Cadillac CTS 3.6 direct injection, Magnaflow X pipe, Borla Pro XS mufflers, LFX intake manifold, Airaid CAI, ported throttle body, W-1 oil catch can, LED daytime running lights and fog lights, FE2 suspension, 20" Camaro SS wheels

Last edited by Sal329; 03-21-2024 at 04:06 PM.
Sal329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
back pain, driving