Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-24-2023, 08:25 AM   #57
Jus Cruisin
Old Gearhead

Drives: 2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate
It's not for me. But I had just won the big lottery, I might own one. Might.... I'd much rather have this. Mostly because I owned one. Same color but with snowflakes.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2023, 01:25 PM   #58
sonikk71

Drives: 2017 Summit White V6 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Let me help with that (or hurt, who knows) a little bit, these pics I took at a car show here in my town a year and a half ago.

Now, this conversion is definitely not for everyone (with the T-top, but especially with a Bama license plate frame, sheesh!!! ), but seeing the car in person, it was definitely very tastefully done. It has a Maggie 2300 under the hood, so not lacking in power department either.

The owner was not willing to give me even a ballpark number for the total cost
From what I have seen/heard the previous Bandit editions were around the 200k mark. The non Bandit ones started at 110K, but that was awhile ago (2018) and everything was extra so it was very easy to rack up a pretty high price. I wouldn't be surprised with the jump in car prices since then if they are much higher now.
sonikk71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 02:46 PM   #59
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Let me help with that (or hurt, who knows) a little bit, these pics I took at a car show here in my town a year and a half ago.

Now, this conversion is definitely not for everyone (with the T-top, but especially with a Bama license plate frame, sheesh!!! ), but seeing the car in person, it was definitely very tastefully done. It has a Maggie 2300 under the hood, so not lacking in power department either.

The owner was not willing to give me even a ballpark number for the total cost
Other then liking the color... Nope... not for me. To each his own, but a waste of money if you ask me. Like Farmer said, still fake.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 03:06 PM   #60
pzoom

Drives: 2021 SS 1LE SHOCK
Definitely would if I could get just the nose/rear. My first car out of college was a TA 3rd gen.
pzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 03:15 PM   #61
Wyzz Kydd
Banned

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS1 1LE
At those prices? No.
Wyzz Kydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 03:27 PM   #62
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
A real 2nd Gen Trans Am is way cooler than those TransCams.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2023, 10:12 PM   #63
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
Rather than a Trans Am, how about a low-key Rockford Files Firebird makeover? New front and rear fascia, duplicate chrome accents, door and fender impact protection strip, custom wheels, fender emblem - and it comes in one color!

The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 05:45 AM   #64
79 TransAm that never was

Drives: 2023 Camaro LT1 6.2 MT6
NO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoctisLucisCaelum View Post
I would!

This one is pushing 1000HP and 1047lb/ft. I don’t even need any of that but I’d take the front and rear fascias, lights, wheels, and Firebird hood logo in a heartbeat.

http://transamdepot.com
Though I regret the day Obama killed GM's excitement division, this is an expensive purchase I wouldn't consider. The resale value just wouldn't be there. Who wants to buy a re-branded used car from a defunct car company that never produced it? Not I!
I had a trans am ordered in 1979, gold in color with all of the goodies. After waiting six months I said screw it, got my deposit back, and told them where they could stick my order. Sound familiar? When I ordered my 2023 Camaro it was no different, GM still can't build an order in a timely manner. You can blame their allocation system, dealerships, etc. but when it comes down to it the once lumbering giant loses customers due to their idiotic ordering process. Consumers just don't have the patience for such an idiotic ordering process so they move on.
And here we are today...the slow, lumbering, Government Motors still can't build orders for their performance cars in a timely manner essentially killing great cars! When consumers show up to their lots and not a Camaro can be found they move on.
When I drive by my local Chevy dealer I see hundreds of trucks, but only one or two Camaro's W/6 cyl. automatics.
It's not consumers who are killing the Camaro, it's the brain trusts at GM!
79 TransAm that never was is offline   Reply With Quote