Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-01-2016, 02:19 PM   #141
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroc_but5.0sdont View Post
The Mustang is an all new design

The Camaro is really just a refresh.

Stop the excuses and own it.
It may have some similar styling cues but the only parts that are the same between Gen5 and 6 are the badges. New engine, tranny, suspension, faster performance, new tech.

The 2014/2015 is what you call a refresh, same car but you change the bumpers, add color to the HUD, add a vent to the hood.
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:19 PM   #142
Posaune

Drives: Four wheels and an engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
Camaro has always been a performance car for the everyday working class man. Why change things now? Either they want to sell cars or they don't.
They also used to offer many quasi-performance options at really good prices.
Posaune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:20 PM   #143
Richard0nee

Drives: 2016 SS M6, NPP
Quote:

Believe it or not, most people that don't follow Camaro's think the EXACT same way. They don't know what was really changed and saw the MSRP and looked the other direction.
Richard0nee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:21 PM   #144
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:

The Camaro is all new, not a refresh.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:22 PM   #145
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
The more I see of the 6th Gen the more I do see it as an all new generation stling wise but at the same time the styling is clearly a very minor evolution..there's no arguing that.

Then again, I thought the 2014/2015 cars were very attractive, and if I do get a chance to get a Camaro again, a lower mile 14/15 is mighty tempting.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:26 PM   #146
SpookShow'84
Bump in the night

Drives: '84 Monte Carlo SS, '15 Optima
Quote:

The fact that people are saying this at all is evidence of a problem.

The car is being viewed by a lot of people in a similar fashion as how they saw the Gen4 lt1 car and the Gen4.5 ls car.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:31 PM   #147
G6SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Coming from someone who never was really into camaros before, the gen6 brought me to buy one. I got rid of my 2016 mustang 5.0 for it.
G6SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:36 PM   #148
Hypertrophy

Drives: truck
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by G6SS View Post
Coming from someone who never was really into camaros before, the gen6 brought me to buy one. I got rid of my 2016 mustang 5.0 for it.
And....? Was it worth it now that you've had it a while? Any regrets?
Hypertrophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:37 PM   #149
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
So every month the sales figures come out and every month we have this same debate because they seem low. How much longer can we go on like this before we have to admit that to most people the 6th gen is NOT a good value and GM has it priced too high?
Now having said that I'll likely still buy a 1LE or ZL1 even though I think they're going to be overpriced because I want the performance aspect and I can afford it. If I wasn't on this forum though and just wanted a sporty looking coupe Camaro wouldn't even be in the running after the sticker shock. I'm sure thats what's going on. We're a very very small minority of car buyers here.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:38 PM   #150
Red Chief

Drives: 2020 LT1 Black
I'm 50-50 on all this.

On one hand, I think the original 5th gen looks better but I like the performance gains on the 6th. The styling on the 6th is a big letdown...at least make it look like an all-new car that people on the fence can get excited about owning.
Red Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:39 PM   #151
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
well. derp.
if you wanted a rare car, next time just buy an SS sedan.
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:40 PM   #152
Emoto
Sure, why not?

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Jeep JKU Rubicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
IMO, and i know some dont want to hear it, This car is a computer and not a drivers car, that is nice for a Ero car but not a pony car, Camaro's where first and always a pony car, GM lost sight of that in this car, and in so doing they have moved away from there core buyers, in time this may work out for them, but now you need to sale this car to an all new market.

To me this car was made with a new set of people and they dont know what the car was, that gave them a blank sheet of paper, and they made it this way, not looking back on the heritage of the car.

After talking to some people with knowledge on what it took to bring the 5th gen to life, this car does not have the same fit of all panels and trim, we have to say this car is not in the same class as the 5th gen, no one believes this but its a fact.

I hope they sale a lot more cars so there is a 7th gen, and IMO the sooner the better.
I can't comment on whether the 6th gen is in the same class as the 5th, because I have no firsthand experience with a 5. Regardless...

The cars today have been forced into more weight and more computer controlled aspects due to government regulations for safety and the environment. Leave aside the reality of whether those goals are worthwhile or not.

As to selling to an all new market, does the old market even exist anymore? Cars in general are a heck of a lot more expensive today (again, partly due to government regulation), that's why you see the absurd "ricer" cars. Those cheap japanese cars are today's pony cars, if you are considering demographics. The Camaro would have been a fine option for a young buyer back when they first came out, but now all that age bracket can afford is Korean and Japanese econoboxes, so that's what they buy and have fun with.

I loved my 1969 Camaro, even though it was only a 6. I also love my 2016 2SS. My 2016 is kind of what I wish my 1969 had been.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:42 PM   #153
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
These are not Camry's. I hope the people who buy a Camaro, Corvette, Mustang, FRS/BRZ, Miata, Challenger, WRX, Audi R8, Dodge Viper, etc. actually know something about the vehicle.

Some people just buy a "computer" and some research the performance specs and all the other features that each system may have before making a purchase. Remember, when Sheldon Cooper couldn't decide between the X-Box One and PS4. :-) For your enjoyment.

raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 02:47 PM   #154
G6SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypertrophy View Post
And....? Was it worth it now that you've had it a while? Any regrets?
100% worth it. I bought the 1SS and paid 37k with the A8, NPP and premium split spoke grey wheels. The interior is on another level from my 16 5.0, the performance is leaps better, and I think the looks are subjective. To put it into perspective I ran someone with e85, tune, intake and catback 5.0 and I beat him from a 40 roll...STOCK.
G6SS is offline   Reply With Quote