Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-01-2024, 11:19 PM   #1
TheBrightSide

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS coupe (MT)
Will 1-1.25” drop lowering springs require more for jacking/lifting the car up?

Will 1-1.25” drop lowering springs force me to have to drive up on wooden blocks (or whatever platform), in order to jack/lift up my car from home, when I need to work on it? I definitely don’t plan on getting any lower of a drop with lowering springs, and I prefer the drop to be even all around, unless someone can convince me otherwise (1” F/ 1.2-1.25” R?).

I have a friend with some Megan EZ Street coilovers, and I believe he’s dropped the car more than 1.3-1.35” inches, and he needs to constantly drive up on 2x4 wooden planks, every single time he has to work on his car from home… What a PITA, it seems..not to mention potential dangers/risks of jacking up the car itself. I also tend to lift up the car from the side frame rails (towards the front and rear of the sides, not the middle!), and I’ve done okay with a rubber cover/pad that’s on my jacking platform.

Not that coilovers would make a huge difference for me, seeing as how I preferred the simplicity of the lowering springs, paired with the OEM GM shocks and struts I have already. Unless someone can recommend me some sport/racing aftermarket shocks and struts, I wouldn’t mind maybe getting an aftermarket complete set of shocks and struts, to throw the new lowering springs onto.

I also have a factory Ground Effects appearance package, which I’ve happened to scrape up the front bumper splitter a bit already, in my ownership.. I’m still on bone stock suspension (minus a chassis brace), and I’ve been in countless situations where I’ve almost scraped up the rear bumper/diffuser and even the side skirts/rocker panels. As stupid as it was, I even got stuck in soft mud recently, which scratched up the passenger side of the side skirts, and some of the rear and front bumper splitters…
TheBrightSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 05:04 AM   #2
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
Mine is dropped around 7/8", have lift pads, and don't need to drive up on ramps but I think that all depends on your jack. I have the jegs aluminum low profile jacks (https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/8007...673585_BANNER_) but when I had just a standard steel floor jack I did have to drive up on some small 2" ramps to get underneath the front of it. Also I have the bilstein b6 shocks and struts with eibach .05 zl1 drop springs.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 05:25 AM   #3
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
The front is the harder part to get in the air, if you get a long reach, low profile jack, you won't need any blocks to get a jack under it. Hell, even at stock height you really need a long reach, low profile jack. If you have lifting pads like ZL1 options sells, you can probably get away with a regular floor jack.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 08:29 AM   #4
Pops

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2 2012 C6 vette M6
I have lowering springs can still get low profile jack under with no wood .
Pops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 08:54 AM   #5
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Im on 1.4 lowering springs from BMR. A low profile jack at home is no issue without wood but alot of repair shops turn me away because they cant get the lift arms under me without wood. Please keep in mind, i also have the GM GFX kit which may make me a bit lower

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 09:11 AM   #6
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
I am rocking Zl1 rockers, front lip and Zl1 rear bumper. I am on coilovers and probably a little over an inch and a half from stock. I have a long reach, low profile jack and it JUST fits. I highly recommend getting the Zl1 addons jack pads, because its alot easier to jack the car up with those. Just install them with blue loctite and forget about it.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 10:46 AM   #7
hawkyV8

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 6m
My car is lowered with coilovers and rides on 18" wheels. And I have a front splitter. There is no way I can get a low profile jack under the front without first driving onto some wood blocks. It's a huge pain but I guess that's the trade off with a lowered car.
hawkyV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:26 AM   #8
The_bald_eagle_machine
Anthony S

Drives: 2011 chevrolet camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkyV8 View Post
My car is lowered with coilovers and rides on 18" wheels. And I have a front splitter. There is no way I can get a low profile jack under the front without first driving onto some wood blocks. It's a huge pain but I guess that's the trade off with a lowered car.
If you are jacking it from the front, like under the front bumper on the core support. Yeah, no way. I have always jacked mine up from the jack points behind the front wheels, one side at a time and then for the rear, I jack from the rear diff. My exhaust does rub a bit when trying to shove the jack in there.

Mods: Texas Speed 2 inch headers, high flow cats, and X-pipe. Custom mid-pipe, Borla Xr1 mufflers. Torqstorm Supercharger, 3.1" pulley, ZL1 fuel pump. MGW Shifter, Mcleod RST clutch, Tick master cylinder and Tick Billet bushing reinforced slave cylinder. DSS One-piece 3.5" Driveshaft, Metco Driveshaft safety loop, BCRacing Coilovers. BMR Poly Diff bushings, Poly Rear cradle bushings, Sub-frame connectors, Lower control arms, camber arms, and toe links.
The_bald_eagle_machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 04:44 PM   #9
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
My Camaro is lowered 1.25 on Pfadt springs, jacking her up from the sides is no issue with a low profile jack, I also have the ZL1 Addon jacking blocks on the frame rails. If I need to work under the front of the Camaro, I have to jack her up from the sides and install jack stands one side at a time because I have the Z28 front splitter which sticks out pretty far, and there is no way a jack will fit under it! At my shop, my tech has to use some small vette ramps to get his lift arms on the post lift under the car to lift it up. lol.
Old 04-02-2024, 05:27 PM   #10
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
I have a 1.5" drop on my Camaro and no I did not need to drive the car up on wooden blocks or anything of the sort. I also have the ZL1 add on lift pads as well.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coilovers, height, lowering, springs, suspension