The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 08-17-2016, 04:15 PM   #15
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
Anything further on this one? I've read from many sources that it's biggest downside is tedious repetition.
I wish there was more inventory space. I haven't played long enough, but I do think you can upgrade the exosuit to carry more, but it's just way too small. I know you can upgrade or buy bigger ships, but even then, going form 16 slots to 18 or to 21 or whatever, just isn't cutting it. have to keep going back up to space station, or if you are lucky and find a galactic trading thing at an alien base, or you have to start dropping things. lots of things.
Old 08-18-2016, 10:55 AM   #16
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
I've also read some people that were unhappy about the lack of cosmetic changes when upgrading things like the ship. Does that kind of thing matter to you?

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 12:30 PM   #17
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I wish there was more inventory space. I haven't played long enough, but I do think you can upgrade the exosuit to carry more, but it's just way too small. I know you can upgrade or buy bigger ships, but even then, going form 16 slots to 18 or to 21 or whatever, just isn't cutting it. have to keep going back up to space station, or if you are lucky and find a galactic trading thing at an alien base, or you have to start dropping things. lots of things.
I've got something like 38 slots in my exosuit, and a ship with 33 slots, about to upgrade to 38+. I STILL don't have enough. That's part of the game, though. The more you get, the more you need. It's all about TRADING for what you need in the later recipes.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:29 PM   #18
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
I've also read some people that were unhappy about the lack of cosmetic changes when upgrading things like the ship. Does that kind of thing matter to you?
It's a bit annoying that to change the look of the ship you have to buy a different one, yeah. At the same time, I don't expect upgrading the shield to have an impact on how the ship looks.

I wish there were a "ship dealership" where you'd be able to build a custom ship to your specs for a bit more coin.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:33 PM   #19
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
I've got something like 38 slots in my exosuit, and a ship with 33 slots, about to upgrade to 38+. I STILL don't have enough. That's part of the game, though. The more you get, the more you need. It's all about TRADING for what you need in the later recipes.
maybe it gets better the more you play. But just starting off, I'd like to explore more of the planet before having to sell things or drop things. I can literally fill up my inventory after 10-15 minutes of landing on a planet. It's more of an inventory management simulator than a space survival/exploration game.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:37 PM   #20
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
I've heard nothing but bad things about this game. Can anyone tell me any good things?

edit: I've only heard bad things because I read reddit - and you know reddit - everyone complains lol
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:44 PM   #21
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCruisin View Post
I've heard nothing but bad things about this game. Can anyone tell me any good things?
It's beautiful. There are some character and ship textures that seem like they weren't designed for anything above a 720p resolution, but it's still a gorgeous game.
Space combat vs pirates is actually really good. I'm surprised how good the AI is at dodging and coordinating attacks.
The sound/music is great.
The genre is definitely right up my alley. I played the hell out of Minecraft and Terraria, and am currently playing Starbound and this. It's a very good game if you go in with an open mind. Does it need some polish? Yes. Would it benefit from some expansion? What game wouldn't?

Quote:
Old 08-18-2016, 01:45 PM   #22
PoorMansCamaro

flying around and fighting space pirates is fun. exploring, when you get to explore, is fun. lol checking out all the wildlife and aliens. trying to upgrade your multi-tool/exosuit/ship is fun. just tedious when starting off, imo. plus the game is massive.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:50 PM   #23
CapeCruisin
Daily Driver 24/7 365

Drives: '15 CRT 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbs View Post
It's beautiful. There are some character and ship textures that seem like they weren't designed for anything above a 720p resolution, but it's still a gorgeous game.
Space combat vs pirates is actually really good. I'm surprised how good the AI is at dodging and coordinating attacks.
The sound/music is great.
The genre is definitely right up my alley. I played the hell out of Minecraft and Terraria, and am currently playing Starbound and this. It's a very good game if you go in with an open mind. Does it need some polish? Yes. Would it benefit from some expansion? What game wouldn't?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
flying around and fighting space pirates is fun. exploring, when you get to explore, is fun. lol checking out all the wildlife and aliens. trying to upgrade your multi-tool/exosuit/ship is fun. just tedious when starting off, imo. plus the game is massive.
Thanks fellers. I want to try it anyways. Either of you play Star Wars Galaxies before it shut down? That game had massive planets and awesome open world sand box exploration. I do like the space / rpg / grindy type genres.
2014 RRM Camaro 1LT/RS A6/NPP CAI
Follow Me On Instagram!
CapeCruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 11:26 AM   #24
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
To me, it is a game that was conceived to be something that the developers couldn't pull off. Yes, they achieved the ability to build a game where you fly around to a crazy amount of star systems and worlds...BUT, each feels very similar to others you have already seen.

The ships themselves all perform the same in terms of the underlying maneuverability so a big-ass ship with 40 slots can turn the same as a ship with 10 slots...in any other space sim, the ships with more cargo slots are slow and plodding. It is weird...almost no benefit to upgrade ships other than gaining more slots.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 12:28 PM   #25
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
LOL.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/23...se-advertising
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 02:06 PM   #26
mma

Drives: 1LE
and this is why i don't preorder or buy games until after the first couple of weeks

bro has it on his PS4.. or had it.. he uninstalled it
mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 06:21 PM   #27
PoorMansCamaro

So...it's been a while. lol I uninstalled the game maybe a month after it was released. if that. I guess a year ago, they did a pretty large update, adding to the story line. Also adding base building. There are quests now, and I believe land rovers as well.

And at the end of july, they will have full multiplayer ability and will come out on the xbox one.

I recently reinstalled it and played for about 1.5hrs. It still has my previous save, but I started all over, just getting back into how to play after almost 2 years off. I will probably load up my last save with my 48 slot ship and better exosuit and multi-tool.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:50 AM   #28
PoorMansCamaro

The NEXT patch is live and I have to say, this is what I was expecting 2 years ago.