Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-14-2022, 11:38 PM   #43
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMaro View Post
Everyone has their own tastes as has been mentioned. I have the NPP quad tip with the giant suitcase still. I like the sound. It isn't ridiculously loud that I'll wake the neighbors in Tour mode and I like the sound in Sport for my daily commute. The only reason I have thought about changing anything on the exhaust out was to put on blacked out tips... otherwise, I am good to go.
I also liked the stock exhaust. I actually believe it sounds great - the way it should. The only reason I switched to the AWE Touring exhaust was because it's louder, sounds deeper and I like loud exhausts in general. There is nothing wrong with the stock NPP, I liked it in both my 2SS and my ZL1.
Old 06-15-2022, 06:00 AM   #44
mariojas

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6 & 2023 Stinger GT AWD
I don't like Mustang sound. It kind of sounds like racer on steroids.

Charger sold! Better to sell, than waiting to be stolen...
mariojas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 02:59 PM   #45
MrRuss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by retmil View Post
I tried both the MBRP and Magnaflow on my 22SS and the drone was terrible! I switched to the Stainless Works 3" cat-back system and it is great! No drone and a deep sound.
I also got the NPP Stainless Works 3" cat-back along with LT's and full 3"mids. It sounds great, nice deep tone, no drone or rasp.

Tim "the tool man" Taylor is my hero

My Garage:
'16 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, Summit White, Adrenaline Red
-- Rotofab CAI, Soler TB, 1 7/8 coated LT's, Full 3" mids, 3" Stainless Works NPP mufflers, Flex Fuel, E85/91 tuned
'20 Honda Oddysey Elite 25th Anniversary Edition
--wifes car, she said "No more SUV's" after the 2 CX-9's totaled
MrRuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 03:08 PM   #46
goata8

Drives: 2023 LT1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow92 View Post
Has anyone used the GM Performance exhaust GM #84578423? Best I can tell it's made by Borla and is in line with their cost on axle-backs. Just guessing but I'd say probably in line with the S-type sound. Only difference I see is 4" tips on the GM and 4.5" on the Borla branded. You can get 20% discount if purchased from GM through July.
That's good info on the discount, I'm going to check that out. When the time comes I'm going either Borla S type or AWE Touring...seems like theres nobody out there who regrets either one at relatively stockish power.

If the GM performance exhaust is a Borla S Type (which I've heard it is...maybe someone can verify?) the price on that is noticeably lower than the S Type from what I saw when I was pricing them out recently.
goata8 is offline   Reply With Quote