Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-05-2017, 04:46 PM   #1
Z/Camaro

Drives: C8 and 280z/280zx/300zx
traction an issue??

So I'm just curious if traction is an issue, especially with the manual. I'm not talking about racing necessarily. I'm interested in knowing how it does on the street under spirited driving. With my 2012 Vette GS the tires will spin in first and second without launch flooring it but is very easy to control. Not that I hotrod all over town but I want to know if I get into it if the car will stay planted or not. My friend just got hers 2 weeks ago but with the A10. She originally wanted the manual but with the green suddenly available she opted to sacrifice the tranny. As a hardcore manual driver I have to say I'm very impressed with the A10 and almost wouldn't mind having it myself. However neither her or I have had a chance to see what the car will do as it's still being broken in. But I'm already in love and thinking of ordering mine before I get that chance. Just want to make sure I'm not going to be spinning the tires every few seconds. thanks
Z/Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:00 PM   #2
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
Extremely manageable. The nannies keep you out of trouble on road courses, so street driving is no sweat.

2017 Camaro ZL1 M6 - Everything but the sunroof - Sold

2010 Camaro SS - 650RWHP Daily Driver - Traded
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 05:35 PM   #3
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
I have the A10 but as said above, traction is totally manageable with the PTM enabled. Some have even been surprised by not being able to break it loose with everything enabled. The car will definitely stay planted if you want it to.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote