Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-16-2007, 01:36 PM   #29
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC'em View Post
Hop in a bland minivan with 3 kids and a wife. Put the keys in the ignition and crank it up. Half the parkinglot hears your raging american muscle humming but cant tell where its coming from. Surely not that minivan with dual chrome tips poking out!
HA HA HA! Seriously... how cool would it be to line up with a Mustang in a minivan and just smoke him! I would have to get a rear window decal that says something like "you just got smoked by a minivan!"
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:48 PM   #30
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
"Minivan, Megamuscle" on the back lol.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:58 PM   #31
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I like where this thread is going so I gotta say, I still have a 3.0 L 1995 Dodge Grand Caravan for the Family. It runs strong as anything I've ever driven, except my Z/28.

I can't believe that it's still alive, number one...or how powerful it explodes when I tell it to. I have smoked more SUV's, tauruses, and other, newer minivans just for fun, than I can count. I have been toying with the idea of suping it up bit, but I guess I'll wait for the 5th Gen
Old 03-16-2007, 05:14 PM   #32
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
I like where this thread is going so I gotta say, I still have a 3.0 L 1995 Dodge Grand Caravan for the Family. It runs strong as anything I've ever driven, except my Z/28.

I can't believe that it's still alive, number one...or how powerful it explodes when I tell it to. I have smoked more SUV's, tauruses, and other, newer minivans just for fun, than I can count. I have been toying with the idea of suping it up bit, but I guess I'll wait for the 5th Gen
exactly if you are looking for cargo room buy a truck or suv there is no reason to hauling anything in your camaro besides @$$
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 05:39 PM   #33
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNut View Post
exactly if you are looking for cargo room buy a truck or suv there is no reason to hauling anything in your camaro besides @$$
So by that logic, anyone who would like to use a Camaro as an everyday vehicle is SOL?
Old 03-16-2007, 05:42 PM   #34
ChevyNut

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Black on Black
in my eyes yes ive got a pickup to do everyday crap my camaro will be a special ocasion and weekend cruiser.
ChevyNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:51 PM   #35
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
The only trunk issues I have had are with the 4th gen. My 1st and 2nd gens I can fit more than people think. You just have to be creative in packing it.
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:33 PM   #36
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaBR View Post
The only trunk issues I have had are with the 4th gen. My 1st and 2nd gens I can fit more than people think. You just have to be creative in packing it.
I fit 8 people (including myself) in my 82.

And the trunk in all my Camaro's (82, 91, 02) was more functional than any car I've owned with a regular trunk. Being able to lift the whole hatch gives a lot more options.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 08:40 PM   #37
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyNut View Post
in my eyes yes ive got a pickup to do everyday crap my camaro will be a special ocasion and weekend cruiser.

That is fine, but just becasue you are fortunate enough to have multiple vehicles (as am I) doesn't mean that those who are not so fortunate should be neglected the ability to use this car as an everyday vehicle. I am pretty sure that GMs objective is to sell cars here, if they have that same attitude, then they will not sell cars and the Camaro will once again fade away.
Old 03-17-2007, 01:36 AM   #38
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Someone had posted up a link to a video a while back (maybe on another site) of an actual mini-van smoking a Camaro. It was rediculous! I'll see if I can find it...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7zYWXW4Povw
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #39
Casull

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Someone had posted up a link to a video a while back (maybe on another site) of an actual mini-van smoking a Camaro. It was rediculous! I'll see if I can find it...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7zYWXW4Povw
HA!, now THAT is what I'm talking about!
Old 03-18-2007, 08:44 PM   #40
Mr. Wyndham

That's so embarrassing... almost as much as that stupid mustang driver vid....but not quite
Old 03-20-2007, 07:14 PM   #41
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
I saw this lil scion SUV deal absolutely blow the flippin doors off this Enzo. They line up and the Enzo is fluttering engine a lil, then the count starts and u hear the 4 banger in this scion just friggin SCREAM! Guy drops the clutch and the lil SUV is GONE before the Enzo even hits 60.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 07:18 PM   #42
Mr. Wyndham

I don't think any of us here have to worry about being smoked by minivan's or SUV's in our 5th Gens

Thank God.