Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 08-23-2010, 09:00 AM   #29
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Nice - thanks

Surprised that no-one has designed color coded slip over cover for this little fin.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:05 AM   #30
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icntdrv55 View Post
Great video. This works GREAT if you dont have a sunroof. I have tried it with the sunroof and you cant get the back of the headliner to drop down far enough to get your hands up in there. I am afraid if you have a sunroof, you may have to remove the entire headliner. I wound up stopping because Ididnt want to crease or bend the headliner by pulling down on it too much.

If anyone with a sunroof has performed this, please let us know if you removed the enitre headliner or not.
I'm thinking there is plenty of room even with sunroof... Mine did crease on the sides when pulling it down but they are not permanent... I only pulled it out to the B pillars... just reach up and pull the plugs out of their holders first then you can unplug and plug them right at the very rear of the headliner... a bit of creasing on the sides will not show at all when put back up.

Maybe someone w/ a sunroof can chime in here...
Old 08-23-2010, 09:38 AM   #31
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'm thinking there is plenty of room even with sunroof... Mine did crease on the sides when pulling it down but they are not permanent... I only pulled it out to the B pillars... just reach up and pull the plugs out of their holders first then you can unplug and plug them right at the very rear of the headliner... a bit of creasing on the sides will not show at all when put back up.

Maybe someone w/ a sunroof can chime in here...
True, I creased mine a little. an it goes away after you put it back up... just don't "fold" it or leave it creased for very long.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #32
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
yours didn't come color matched from the factory?

They even color matched my roof ditch mouldings without me ordering the RS package!!

oh wait.. my car's black...

hah

good vid though!
Old 08-23-2010, 12:40 PM   #33
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
a couple pics of a Synergy Green, I delivered today...
Attached Images

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:46 PM   #34
GTAHVIT
Blessed

That really does look so much better.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:06 PM   #35
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Cool... on the homepage now...
Old 08-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #36
RX SS RACERX

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT
Thumbs up THANKS to Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet

Sorry, for the late thank-you to Becky. She hooked me up with a RJT painted fin-fit & finish were great. Ship and core return credit were also 'right on time'. As far as the DIY vid from GTAHVIT-I don't think I would of installed it w/o damage to the headliner using the enclosed instructions. Not to mention the work saved by not dropping the whole headliner. GREAT JOB! The only thing that I did different was lower the back seat back to get more room for my fat head to see above the liner. While the swap is a bit pricey I think it is a great improvement,IMHO. Maybe GM will make it an option!
RX SS RACERX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #37
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX SS RACERX View Post
Sorry, for the late thank-you to Becky. She hooked me up with a RJT painted fin-fit & finish were great. Ship and core return credit were also 'right on time'. As far as the DIY vid from GTAHVIT-I don't think I would of installed it w/o damage to the headliner using the enclosed instructions. Not to mention the work saved by not dropping the whole headliner. GREAT JOB! The only thing that I did different was lower the back seat back to get more room for my fat head to see above the liner. While the swap is a bit pricey I think it is a great improvement,IMHO. Maybe GM will make it an option!
OH yeah... Drop the rear seats... That's a great idea! Why didn't I think of that!!!

Need PICS!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:49 PM   #38
BlueME
(aka) TJ

Drives: 2004 Lemans Blue Corvette
Color Matched XM Antenna

I got mine from Rogers Chevrolet great customer service and a great product. Followed the Video posted and installed it in just a few hours. And it looks great………….TJ
Also Thanks to GTAHVIT for the Video it was a great help and yes lowering the back seat is a great help......
Attached Images

Last edited by BlueME; 12-10-2010 at 09:36 PM. Reason: addition
BlueME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:35 PM   #39
paulsandhu

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Has anyone with a black car tried it? Even with a black car I think it will look better having it match the paint exactly.

Current Modifications:
  • Hurst Comp HardDrive Stick Kit
  • K&N Blackhawk CAI
  • Anvil Carbon Fiber Notch Spoiler
  • Ceramic Coated Satin Black Wrap
paulsandhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:36 PM   #40
Morpheus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS IBM
Thank you, GTAHVIT, for this video. I just did this install over the weekend and I'm glad I didn't have to tear out the whole headliner.

That said, it's still a royal PITA to do this swap. I folded down the rear seatback and it helped tremendously, for those of you who have yet to do this. Also, I found it a bit easier to pull down the headliner once I removed my b-pillar trim.

...I'm still sore from contorting my 6'2'' frame around in the back seat, but my antenna looks great!
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #41
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueME View Post
I got mine from Rogers Chevrolet great customer service and a great product. Followed the Video posted and installed it in just a few hours. And it looks great………….TJ
Also Thanks to GTAHVIT for the Video it was a great help and yes lowering the back seat is a great help......
Very cool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsandhu View Post
Has anyone with a black car tried it? Even with a black car I think it will look better having it match the paint exactly.
I think it works for any color.... it's a nice little detail that sets the car off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus View Post
Thank you, GTAHVIT, for this video. I just did this install over the weekend and I'm glad I didn't have to tear out the whole headliner.

That said, it's still a royal PITA to do this swap. I folded down the rear seatback and it helped tremendously, for those of you who have yet to do this. Also, I found it a bit easier to pull down the headliner once I removed my b-pillar trim.

...I'm still sore from contorting my 6'2'' frame around in the back seat, but my antenna looks great!
Glad it helped.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #42
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
I just changed mine out and yes it's a sunroof car. I didn't remove the entire headliner, just followed GTAHVIT's instructions with the addition of removing the windlace (or weatherstrip) that goes around the sunroof opening. This let me reach through the sunroof opening in the headliner to make the swap. I think it was probably easier than the non-sunroof cars. The windlace around the sunroof opening goes back on easily.
Attached Images