Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-10-2016, 08:59 AM   #1
RECOUPED

Drives: 2017 GARNET RED TINTCOAT 2SS M6
Skip Shift

I have not encountered the Skip Shift. Last week I was caught in bumper to bumper on the highway due to an accident. Still no Skip Shift. My car is new, 190 miles, so I am taking it easy. I am usually in Sport Mode. Not that I'm complaining, but when do you encounter Skip Shift?
RECOUPED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 10:12 AM   #2
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Slow acceleration in first gear up to a certain speed. Most of the time you won't see it. Especially if you tend to drive aggressively. It won't come on while the engine is warming up, if you exceed a high rpm and possibly if the engine is breaking in they may have it deactivated for a period of time. Not sure about that one. At any rate when it does trigger you'll know because it'll happen at the worst possible time. Lol

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:45 AM   #3
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
I see the skip shift message on a fully warmed up engine while accelerating in first gear only between the speeds of 15-20 mph. If I shift before or after 15-20 mph I do not get locked into a 1-4 shift. Most all the time I just shift once the digital speedo passes 20 mph and I have no issues other than seeing the message flash up for a few seconds and I just ignore that.

Its a little annoying for me but I'm also glad not to have paid a gas guzzler tax either. On my Gen 5 I had the tuner turn it off when I had the cam installed. I am not performance modifying this car so I'll live with skip shift and move on.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:07 PM   #4
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
Only from a stop, in first gear, speeds between 15-19 MPH, and throttle at or less than 33%. From my experience doesn't not seem to matter which mode you are in as it is always there.