The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 08-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #1
alfie43

Drives: S/C 2SS/RS Camaro-6M-VicRed
Send a message via ICQ to alfie43
Bad News, Good News, and a Sept 9 TPW

My order is currently at 3300. I submitted a request and paid the fee for the Bowling Green facility Buyer's Tour two weeks ago. I got a call yesterday from Shane Webb of the National Corvette Museum.

He said, "I have good news and I have bad news". "OK", I replied, "Give me the bad first". He said, "We cannot fulfill your Buyer's Tour request and we are going to refund your $800 in full". He went on, "The good news is; your C7 will "probably" be built on the week of Sept 9th. Unfortunately, that's three weeks before we resume the Buyer's Tour Program on Sept, 30th".

Whoa! That caught me by surprise. I was really looking forward to flying down to Bowling Green and watch my car being built. However, getting my C7 much sooner than I expected, more than compensates for the passing disappointment. Instead of the buyers tour, maybe we'll get it soon enough to drive it up to northern Michigan for a fall color tour.

For your reference, last February, I was #45 on the allocation waiting list at Les Stanford Chevrolet in Dearborn, Michigan. My order was submitted on May 30th and allocated in the 2nd July consensus. My car will be a Torch Red, Z51, 2LT with the usual array of options, but no FAY.

I have to go now. I need to shop on-line for one of those custom fitted Lycra car covers (see below). Come to think of it, I hope they're available for the C7 at this time, because I certainly can't park my new Stingray in the garage uncovered.

Mariano (Alfie)
Attached Images

Old 08-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #2
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
Glad to hear you're getting bumped up to production sooner than expected. Hopefully I'm not out of line here but why can't you park a car in a garage without a cover?
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:57 PM   #3
alfie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan0911 View Post
Glad to hear you're getting bumped up to production sooner than expected. Hopefully I'm not out of line here but why can't you park a car in a garage without a cover?
Thanks...and that's not an out of line question. I always keep my recreational cars or motorcycles covered while parked in the garage. They get "dirty" if you don't...and my garage has a finished floor and is heated and always clean.

Go out in the garage and run your finger across on any implement that is uncovered, i.e., toolbox lid, bicycle, lawnmower, etc, then look what's on your finger. I don't want that funky stuff on my C7.

Daily driver, its OK, but not the Corvette. Hell, I'll probably take off the windshield wipers because it will never see rain or snow.

Mariano (Alfie)
Old 08-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #4
volsfan0911

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfie43 View Post
Thanks...and that's not an out of line question. I always keep my recreational cars or motorcycles covered while parked in the garage. They get "dirty" if you don't...and my garage has a finished floor and is heated and always clean.

Go out in the garage and run your finger across on any implement that is uncovered, i.e., toolbox lid, bicycle, lawnmower, etc, then look what's on your finger. I don't want that funky stuff on my C7.

Daily driver, its OK, but not the Corvette. Hell, I'll probably take off the windshield wipers because it will never see rain or snow.

Mariano (Alfie)
You Sir, are obviously much neater and more anal retentive than I am! And you've never met my wife. Her idea of a good time is to buy the entire garden center @ Lowe's then put it in the garage for the next decade . So the 'Vette will, much like my current GTI, live in the driveway with an occasional trip inside during our annual snowstorm. Washed weekly? Yes. Driven daily? Absolutely
Old 08-29-2013, 01:39 PM   #5
alfie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan0911 View Post
You Sir, are obviously much neater and more anal retentive than I am! And you've never met my wife. Her idea of a good time is to buy the entire garden center @ Lowe's then put it in the garage for the next decade . So the 'Vette will, much like my current GTI, live in the driveway with an occasional trip inside during our annual snowstorm. Washed weekly? Yes. Driven daily? Absolutely
Buy your wife one of those backyard sheds to store her "stuff"...that will make room for the Vette. Driving your Corvette daily is a good thing...I envy that.

Yes...anal retentive! I confess, I am...............
Attached Images

Old 08-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #6
Ka Razy

Nice man cave

06-28-13 Status 1100
11-22-13 Status 2000
11-29-13 Status 3000
12-12-13 Status 3300
12-16-13 Status 3400
01-06-14 Status 3800!!
01-10-14 Status 4B00
01-13-14 Status 4200!!!
02-17-14 Delivered!!!!!!!!!!
Ka Razy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #7
JoeG

Drives: 2014 Corvette Laguna Blue Z51
Very Cool !
JoeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #8
C7vette

Drives: 2009 CLK550
Quote:
Buy your wife one of those backyard sheds to store her "stuff"...that will make room for the Vette. Driving your Corvette daily is a good thing...I envy that.

Yes...anal retentive! I confess, I am...............

I thought my garage was clean but this is a whole new level of clean. Nice garage!!
C7vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #9
alfie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by C7vette View Post
I thought my garage was clean but this is a whole new level of clean. Nice garage!!
Thanks for the compliment.

Lucky you. You don't have one of those red machines that you can see in each of those photos. Its called a snow blower.

Mariano (Alfie)
Old 08-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #10
C7vette

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment.

Lucky you. You don't have one of those red machines that you can see in each of those photos. Its called a snow blower.

Mariano (Alfie)

One of the perks of living in CA.
Old 08-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #11
alfie43

Quote:
Originally Posted by C7vette View Post
One of the perks of living in CA.
Yes, a great state indeed...been there many times.

On the other hand, look what you're missing....doesn't this look like fun?

Mariano (Alfie)
Attached Images

Last edited by alfie43; 08-29-2013 at 07:46 PM.
alfie43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:11 PM   #12
volsfan0911

LMAO - yes, you have to appreciate a big block blower The garage is immaculate and drool worthy. I'll try to pry the door open tomorrow so I can post a picture of mine
Old 08-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #13
volsfan0911

As you can see above, Alfie's garage is immaculate. Then there's mine (a.k.a. garage from Hell)......... I swear the next time my wife goes on a girl's weekend out, I'm getting a "dumpster in a bag" along with renting a couple of college jocks for a day. All that crap is going to the dump, eBay, craigslist or freecycle!

Last edited by volsfan0911; 08-30-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #14
C7vette

Quote:
Yes, a great state indeed...been there many times.

On the other hand, look what you're missing....doesn't this look like fun?

Mariano (Alfie)
Hahaha, that does look like fun.

I did my graduate work at U of M in Ann Arbor, I miss the city but not the weather.

Enjoy your snow blower, you should be able to take that puppy out in a couple of months.