Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-01-2018, 11:27 AM   #1
PWPhoto

Drives: ‘21 2SS 1LE
1LE wheel color match

Got a little question, if you don't mind. Does anyone know what Camaro grey color, of the 4 out there, is the closest match to the graphite color on the 6th Gen Camaro 1LE wheels? Not the ZL1, but the Camaro and Camaro SS versions. The darkest of the 4 is the Ashen Grey, but I can't find anything that shows me that color next the Graphite Grey of the wheels. I'm getting ready to buy a set of 1LE wheels for my 50th and will be having custom center caps made for the wheels. I don't want to do the standard of having the black outer on the caps. I want to try to do a grey that matches, or as closely matches as I can get, the grey of the wheels. The bowties will be the Nightfall center with the 50th Orange outline. Kind of wanted the outer part of the center caps to "match" the wheel color. Thanks for any help you can give me.
PWPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
jp9109
Clay Sculptor at GM

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, M6, MRC, NPP
Not sure if this helps any but I have the MRR 1LE replicas and KPMF has a vinyl named matte magnetic black and it is a very close color match. I made fender hash marks with it and the match is really nice, especially being that close to the wheel. It is relatively easy to get samples to check and it will cost next to nothing for the amount of material needed to do those center caps. Might be worth checking out.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:05 PM   #3
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
784U Satin Graphite Metallic per the GM Color Compatibility chart

http://www.genuinegmparts.com/pdf/to...lity-guide.pdf

http://www.paintscratch.com/touch_up...l)-WA784U.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 12:11 PM   #4
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Discuss with Lupe at river city creations, he has all the gm matches and paints caps perfectly...
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:28 PM   #5
Hilflos

Drives: 2015 1SS / RS NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
This is correct. I have the 6th gen 1LE wheels on my 5th gen, posted this information myself over on Camaro 5 back when I got them. My post is about halfway down this page;
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=484265&page=2

My post was;
Quote:
For anyone thinking about going this route, center caps were kind of a chore to find. I wound up ordering black ones for a 2017, and repainting them "Color Code: WA784U Satin Graphite (Wheel-matt)." That's a 2014 CTS-V wheel color, and is available from PaintScratch. It matched up very nicely.
Hilflos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:13 PM   #6
PWPhoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Discuss with Lupe at river city creations, he has all the gm matches and paints caps perfectly...
That's where I'm having the center cap done. He just did some custom SS and FIFTY badges for me and I have custom bowties ordered. I will call him tomorrow and ask how I need to order the caps to get the Graphite outlets. THANKS!
Old 02-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #7
PWPhoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilflos View Post
This is correct. I have the 6th gen 1LE wheels on my 5th gen, posted this information myself over on Camaro 5 back when I got them. My post is about halfway down this page;
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=484265&page=2

My post was;
Thanks for the info. I looked, but the pic isnt showing. The info I received from the posts here is exactly what I needed. THANKS!!
Old 02-02-2018, 12:15 PM   #8
Hilflos

Drives: 2015 1SS / RS NPP
Yeah, sorry about that. The image is hosted on google, and it displays pretty much randomly for folks.

Similar pic, same time of day, different day, different side of the car, this time from imgur;
Hilflos is offline   Reply With Quote