Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

Old 03-08-2016, 06:30 AM   #491
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
well it's going to look worse if 'they' come back and say we can't do it because of X,Y,Z and people here could of assisted (like FaSSteddie suggested). We are a very big group, it takes a LOT of work to organize an event this big with so many vendors, along with GM to coordinate and plan. I think the group has done a spectacular job for all those events in the past. If it is getting more difficult or complicated, how can we help?
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:06 AM   #492
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by faSSteddie View Post
First of all, if "life" is getting in the way of things, then that is the time to "lean on" or rely on others for help. Since the last fest, my best friend (Zleeper) and I have offered to help in any way possible, including planning and organizing. If one member of the team falters, then another member can help step in and pick up the slack. When I offered my help, I got the impression that the organizational committee was set and that help was only wanted and needed for running things at the fest. (Which is fine by me)I wish we could have been utilized during the times life got in the way and then maybe we'd be closer to a finalized fest at this point in the game. Oh well...
I certainly hope life and the "crises" have subsided for you as well as the rest of the committee.

Y'all can provide more information...y'all choose not to. I would imagine this is to keep the wolves at bay concerning the location. I think this is a bit misguided, as somebody is gonna be upset no matter where you have it. There is no way around that and by not providing any info, you are hurting people who would go no matter where it is held.

If you know when it is not going to be, that info can help some. If you have it narrowed down to two places, you can tell us that without naming them. If you expect a call back from some places within two weeks, tell us that. People (and Spouses) respond better to: "we are expecting to hear something from one of the places in the next two weeks. Hopefully we will have a location and time then." than "I don't know", or "I can't tell you", or the much ballyhooed "Soon..". Something is better than nothing!

If you tell us information, then you'll just have some folks hacked off at the location. If you tell us nothing, you'll still have the folks hacked at the location AND you have folks mad for lack of info. If it were up to me, I think I'd choose the former as there would be less mad people.

I don't think I am only speaking for myself here, please tell us something.
faSSteddie
There are many assumptions in this post that are not accurate. I do not intend to engage in a back-and-forth with people over what is (we realize) an unpopular silence on the matter.

I have shared what I can, at this point. If that is not enough - I am sorry.

With that all said, thank you very much for the offer of assistance, from and and all who have offered. It is heard, and appreciated greatly! We have some of the best members and attendees of any website or event out there!

The obstacle(s) we're dealing with isn't a matter of manpower. But I can say that your expressions of impatience and frustration are helping, in a way.

As soon as we can share more - we will.
Old 03-08-2016, 09:54 AM   #493
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wyndham View Post
There are many assumptions in this post that are not accurate. I do not intend to engage in a back-and-forth with people over what is (we realize) an unpopular silence on the matter.

With that all said, thank you very much for the offer of assistance, from and and all who have offered. It is heard, and appreciated greatly! We have some of the best members and attendees of any website or event out there!

The obstacle(s) we're dealing with isn't a matter of manpower. But I can say that your expressions of impatience and frustration are helping, in a way.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 12:59 PM   #494
faSSteddie

Drives: 2013 Victory red/white stripes SS
Quote:
Yes, they are indeed assumptions. They are assumptions, because we have no facts to work with here. None. Not only can you not tell us any info on it, but you can't even tell us the reason why you can't tell us!!! At some stage in the game, will we be privy to the reason why you couldn't divulge any information?

Quote:
Beyond that, some of us have become a bit more busy in our personal lives the past years. We do not get payed to moderate the website. or organize the Fest. With that mind, sometimes other priorities appear. In my own case, over the past year and a half or so, I've been on the hunt for a house as well as dealing with some family "crisis'".
It sounds to me, like you were offering reasons why this years fest announcement is lagging behind. If this is not the case, then why even bring it up? Perhaps I took it wrong; I don't know. If "other priorities" appear and add to the bog down, then isn't it reasonable to think that if more help (people with fewer "other priorities") were available to help then the bog down would be lessened? I only brought this up because it seemed like it was being given as one of the reasons the fest is not announced yet. In the above example I would indeed consider it a manpower issue. Here again, all we have to go on is what is being told to us...little to nothing.
I kinda feel like I am in OZ and am being told to "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"
A little information goes a long way. I guess share it when you can and I'll just keep hoping I can work it out and get to go. Sigh.......
faSSteddie
faSSteddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:07 PM   #495
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
At some stage in the game, will we be privy to the reason why you couldn't divulge any information?
Yes.

Quote:
It sounds to me, like you were offering reasons why this years fest announcement is lagging behind. If this is not the case, then why even bring it up? Perhaps I took it wrong; I don't know. If "other priorities" appear and add to the bog down, then isn't it reasonable to think that if more help (people with fewer "other priorities") were available to help then the bog down would be lessened? I only brought this up because it seemed like it was being given as one of the reasons the fest is not announced yet. In the above example I would indeed consider it a manpower issue. Here again, all we have to go on is what is being told to us...little to nothing.
I responded to a comment about no mods besides me answering these questions. Perhaps I response was unclear. Behind the scenes...we are all very much working together on this year's event, and beyond.

Quote:
I kinda feel like I am in OZ and am being told to "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"
Unfortunately, that's about where we're at.

Anyone willing to go throw water on a Mustang, and bring back it's axles?
Old 03-08-2016, 05:16 PM   #496
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
I'm going to continue to hold out hope that once it's revealed, what they reveal will more than make up for the loooooong wait.

I still suspect that something truly awesome will be revealed in the end.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 07:57 PM   #497
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLO1LE 1 of Only 28
I have a new toy to Play with LOL....
[IMG][/IMG]
skipinminn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:03 PM   #498
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Nice!!!!! You crack me up Skip!
Old 03-08-2016, 08:21 PM   #499
its a syn
B.O.D. 02/16/10

Drives: 2010 SGM Sp. Edition 2017 RS Conver
Nice new ride Skip!
Old 03-08-2016, 09:15 PM   #500
jjbrooks700

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:

jjbrooks700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 10:17 PM   #501
Glasstop2010RS

Drives: Corvette C6 500 HP
CMARO FEST 7

That's it !!......... I'm calling the Cops on Eddy, Chris & Ruby Tuesday ...LOL.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:32 PM   #502
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Not sure what the secret is all about on the locations mods at this point that would probably shut everyone up for atleast a few hours maybe.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 03:00 AM   #503
Blu Ray
ALWAYS-N-BOOST

Drives: 2021 ZLE A10
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Fast Eddie isn't playing games..... Like

2012 1LS M6 Black-Sold
2013 2LT M6 BluRay- Sold
2015 1SS 1LE M6 Black-Sold
2021 ZLE A10 Riverside Blue - Awaiting Arrival 01/10
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 10:22 AM   #504
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Not sure what the secret is all about on the locations mods at this point that would probably shut everyone up for atleast a few hours maybe.

Doubt it then people from other locations will start complaining

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
san antonio