Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 07-13-2016, 01:29 PM   #1
LordKevin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss Red Hot
Little scratches all over car?

In direct sunlight I appear to have little scratches all over my car. What could it be from and how can they be removed?
LordKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:41 PM   #2
Mud Z06

Drives: Car
caused by improper washing and even improper prep right from the factory.

a mid to light polish should clean a lot of it up. deeper stuff will need compounding possibly.
Mud Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:43 PM   #3
bdar66

Drives: 2016 camaro lt2 rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Z06 View Post

a mid to light polish should clean a lot of it up. deeper stuff will need compounding possibly.
the clear is awful on these cars i have crazy stone chips in od places and the clear is bubbling up already
bdar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:44 PM   #4
Modshack

Drives: 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Z06 View Post

Likely done at the dealership level by a minimum wage car prepper. It didn't come from the factory like that. Do a polish job and treat accordingly. More info in the cosmetic maintenance section..
Old 07-13-2016, 03:03 PM   #5
Mud Z06

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
Likely done at the dealership level by a minimum wage car prepper. It didn't come from the factory like that. Do a polish job and treat accordingly. More info in the cosmetic maintenance section..
you are right, the factory (across most makes and models including Ferrari) is usually responsible for MUCH worse stuff like deep marring.
Mud Z06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:14 PM   #6
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
I agree improper washing & drying. And yes you can get them out with machine polishing.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/287...e-swirl-marks/

Check this video out on proper 2 bucket washing.

Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 06:24 PM   #7
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
Can also come from little kids(who's parents are too busy on their phone to actually watch their own kid), running their nasty little dick beaters down the sides of your car when it's dusty. Walked out of the place we go for lunch one day to see that happening to my car, I went ballistic on that kids mom. Pissed me off even more when she said the kid should know better. He was maybe 2, and he obviously didn't know better BECAUSE NO ONE IS TEACHING HIM. Who the fuq takes their eye off a 2 yr old in a parking lot, EVER?
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:38 PM   #8
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
Grab your self a porter cable ( Orbital polisher ) couple of lake country pads, orange, white , black or google polishing. I recommend Porte cable and orange lake country pad using Nortan liquid ice polish. Once that's done and no scratches follow up with a fine polishing pad and you can use the same polish or my favourite safe cut from the wax shop, they have changed the name now to VIP swirl away. I have not used the VIP yet so I'm hoping it's the same . After you have brought your paint to a mirror finish becareful how you wash and dry. I wash mine in the shade if possible , using a quick pressure wash, followed by good soapy water and a micro fiber mit ( chenille wash mitt ) then I rinse the car off with a spotless water system, then I never use drying towels, I use a electric leaf blower. The results are amazing.
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 07:59 PM   #9
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
After going over mine I am not that impressed with the paint quality coming out of GM. found several fish eyes, high spots on door edges and already have a few paint blemishes from bugs. overall quality rating - poor.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:08 PM   #10
ride98red

Drives: 2017 Summit White Chevy Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKevin View Post
In direct sunlight I appear to have little scratches all over my car. What could it be from and how can they be removed?

Do yourself a favor and head over to autogeek.net. Check out the "Detailing How-To" section. Tons of videos.

2 bucket washing is great, and a necessity in my opinion. And just because you use two buckets, doesn't mean you wash the entire car top to bottom with the same wash mit. I have two mits - one for the top and 3/4's down, and then another for the bottom 1/4 of the car. Drying is just as important. Get some good heavy microfiber towels from autogeek.net. I use them and love them!

Be careful with the polishing! Use the proper cut paste with the proper pad. You're going to be doing the entire car about 2 or 3 times depending on the severity of the scratches and amount of perfection you want out of your effort.
ride98red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 08:03 AM   #11
KirkH

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 Mosaic Blk Met-SOLD
My nightfall gray metallic looks perfect
KirkH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:30 PM   #12
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
There is always someone who chimes in "mine is perfect". Good for you man
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 06:21 PM   #13
Castillojp86
K-Camaro

Drives: 2016 V6 1LT
Same problem! The clear coat is soft!
Castillojp86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 09:01 AM   #14
MCatucci

Drives: 50th 2LT RS
I just picked up my 50th and though the Nightfall looked perfect too and then I spotted a few issues here and there obviously caused by the detailer at the dealership. Looks like the Polisher will be out this weekend.
MCatucci is offline   Reply With Quote