Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-11-2019, 11:03 PM   #1
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2LT RS
About to pull the trigger on a LT1

I've had my 5th gen for about 3 years now and it's getting old and in DESPERATE need for a hardcore detail and a new owner. Don't get me wrong I love this car but I'm getting bored with it and I want a newer car. Its in excellent mechanical condition (OK I WENT 7k over the oil change twice) and has had all its routine maintenance done at the dealership. Its an almost 5 year old car so it has its fair share of bumps and bruises that can be easily repaired. My problem is I don't know whether or not I want to sell the car PP or trade it at the dealer for the LT1. Its been a good run with my 14' but it's time for it to get away from me. This is the LT1 im about 2 seconds from buying before someone else can. What do you guys think I should do about my 14 though? I know the dealer is going to give me less than PP but then again I don't want to have the car up for sale for 6 months because no one will buy it....Help

Sale Price for the LT1:
$27,985
Attached Images

10’ Lexus ES 350
17’ Mercedes-Benz E300 4Matic (Totaled)
20' Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4Matic - Loaded
ThatMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 11:39 PM   #2
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Go for the LT-1 if you want it! The price for it seems good to me and if you do a trade in with your 2014 V6 the LT-1 will be cheaper. You will really be surprised how much different the 6gen is compared to the 5th gen in every aspect. If you are really serious about the 2020 and not too concerned about what you will get for your 2014, then pull the trigger and move up to a 6gen. You won’t get top dollar for your 2014 but at least you won’t have the hassle of trying to sell it and I think once you get that 2020 you will have no regrets about buying it and using the 2014 as a trade in.��
Old 10-11-2019, 11:59 PM   #3
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
There may be a tax benefit to trading that makes it a more attractive deal.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 06:46 AM   #4
Artryan

Drives: 2018 ZL1 , 2020 GMC AT4 Carbon Pro
Personally, I just trade my cars in. Sure, it's possible that you might not get top dollar on a trade, BUT I don't have the time or patentice to deal with a bunch of hilljacks wanting to test drive it and kick the tires for a month. Plus, I get a tax break and I'm done in a matter of a couple of hours. I don't have to deal with a transfer or any of that, also.
Artryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 07:50 AM   #5
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Where are you located? If you get winter, you're not selling that car before spring. If you're in the warm states, I'd sell on my own. It's worth the hassle as you'll make a few grand over trade.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 09:49 AM   #6
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Go for the LT-1 if you want it! The price for it seems good to me and if you do a trade in with your 2014 V6 the LT-1 will be cheaper. You will really be surprised how much different the 6gen is compared to the 5th gen in every aspect. If you are really serious about the 2020 and not too concerned about what you will get for your 2014, then pull the trigger and move up to a 6gen. You won’t get top dollar for your 2014 but at least you won’t have the hassle of trying to sell it and I think once you get that 2020 you will have no regrets about buying it and using the 2014 as a trade in.��
Honestly at this point the least I'd expect from Trade-In is 8k, especially with the drivers front fender having a dent in it (from some a$$hole). It does have a MRT Exhaust so I'm sure the next owner might enjoy that (I know it wont do anything for trade in). I may just trade it in and be done with it, also the radio has these problems where it doesn't produce any form of sound intermittently (turn signals wont make a sound nor will the radio) and I wanted to know if I should tell the dealer about this or if I shouldn't because it's their responsibility to make sure everything is working properly. One of the dealers I called informed me that they are giving top dollar for trades but the car I was interested in was the 2.0L Turbo and I don't know how I feel about the 4 Cyl Camaro.
10’ Lexus ES 350
Old 10-12-2019, 09:57 AM   #7
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
Where are you located? If you get winter, you're not selling that car before spring. If you're in the warm states, I'd sell on my own. It's worth the hassle as you'll make a few grand over trade.
Raleigh, NC. I get that I can make a few grand over but I don't want to have the car up for sale for 6 months with no buyer and having it take up space in my garage. I'd be a little more satisfied with PP because the car may get someone who actually takes care of the car unlike trade-in because I know its going to go to someone who treats it like crap (its not my problem once I get rid of it but I want it to at least be taken care of by its next owner).
10’ Lexus ES 350
Old 10-12-2019, 10:01 AM   #8
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artryan View Post
Personally, I just trade my cars in. Sure, it's possible that you might not get top dollar on a trade, BUT I don't have the time or patentice to deal with a bunch of hilljacks wanting to test drive it and kick the tires for a month. Plus, I get a tax break and I'm done in a matter of a couple of hours. I don't have to deal with a transfer or any of that, also.
Those are the things I dont want to deal with during a PP sale which is why Im leaning more towards trading the car in to be done and over with it....Trading cars is so much easier than PP even though you will be losing a few grand.
10’ Lexus ES 350
Old 10-12-2019, 10:06 AM   #9
gmcvt

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS A10
I had a 5th gen 2SS and from my perspective there is a big difference between the 2. I just got a 19 1SS and I absolutely love it. I know there will be a difference between an LT1 and an SS but overall, the car is just much much better.
2018 Mustang GT A10 Kooks Lt's, E85 & Lund tune*SOLD*
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. *SOLD*
gmcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 01:37 PM   #10
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Your Camaro will more than likely be sold at auction or wholesaler bought from the dealer. With those issues and body damage it has,I would take what they will give you because if you do a personal sale then you will have to spend money to get those problems corrected.I have done trade ins every time I bought a new Camaro and sure you lose money but at least once the dealer owns it, it will be their responsibility to correct any problems with the car. I wouldn’t worry who buys the Camaro and how they take care of it! Get the new one and move on!��
Old 10-12-2019, 01:53 PM   #11
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
28k? Do it!
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 04:34 PM   #12
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Which Dealer is that at? Sir Walter, Capital or the one up in Wake Forest?
Old 10-12-2019, 05:13 PM   #13
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Which Dealer is that at? Sir Walter, Capital or the one up in Wake Forest?
It's at Parks Chevrolet in Huntersville. Sir Walter is my next move if this happens to fall through.
Im even planning on going to Marine Chevy in Jacksonville.
10’ Lexus ES 350
Old 10-12-2019, 05:18 PM   #14
ThatMaro
Patty Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
Your Camaro will more than likely be sold at auction or wholesaler bought from the dealer. With those issues and body damage it has,I would take what they will give you because if you do a personal sale then you will have to spend money to get those problems corrected.I have done trade ins every time I bought a new Camaro and sure you lose money but at least once the dealer owns it, it will be their responsibility to correct any problems with the car. I wouldn’t worry who buys the Camaro and how they take care of it! Get the new one and move on!��
Im expecting it to go to Auction even though its in amazing mechanical condition. I heard some say its best to trade in a vehicle dirty but regardless if they do a complete check of the car they are going to notice the dent anyways (unless it gets traded at night, I've gotten away with a dent on wife's Optima when we traded it) so there is no point in me not washing it before trade in, its the least I can do.
10’ Lexus ES 350