Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-09-2024, 12:02 AM   #1
txz

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Mobilistics Relay Location

I just ordered the mobilistics no start relay. Looking for the fuel pump relay in my 19 zl1. I saw some other threads saying it was K2 or K8 in the under-hood fuse box, but there doesn't seem to be a definite answer. Does anyone know for sure which relay it is and which fuse box it is in?
txz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 05:41 AM   #2
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Hi txz, to the forums. You can check fuse and relay locations in your owner's manual. One way to physically check which relay it is would be to leave the hood and the trunk unlatched overnight, then pulling the one you suspect is the fuel relay, and then opening the driver door; if you still hear the fuel pump prime, you pulled the wrong relay and vice versa. (I assume you want to disable the low pressure fuel pump in the tank and not the high pressure fuel pump in the engine bay.)

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 06:41 AM   #3
z28pat

Drives: 2002 z28, 2018 2ss 1LE
Once you receive it , there’s a a good picture included in the instructions showing you which one to replace. It took no time at all when I got mine.
Old 02-09-2024, 06:59 AM   #4
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Planning to order one of these when the Camaro comes out of winter hibernation. Was wondering the same thing myself, but didn't want to take the cover off the car until spring.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 08:13 AM   #5
Broooster

Drives: Sharkskin Metallic ZL1
When I emailed them a little while back asking which immobilizer I would get for my ZL1, their reply was for the starter relay. K10 for my car.
Broooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 08:39 AM   #6
The Maverick
Somewhere in the Kalahari

Drives: 2021/18 (de-fresh) 3LT RS
This thread says K8, but I don't have any practical experience with that one:

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...ht=Mobilistics

I can confirm that K10 is the location of the starter relay for the immobilizer.
The Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 10:33 AM   #7
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
K10 is the relay you replace for the Mobilistic.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 11:20 AM   #8
Tyrolblue67

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Camaro
So, once the Mobilistic relay is installed, it requires two fobs to start the car.
The factory fob and the Mobilistic fob.
Does it matter what sequence you use as to which fob you use first?
Also, does the Mobilistic relay remove the remote start feature built into our cars?
Thanks,
Tyrolblue67
Tyrolblue67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 12:47 PM   #9
Deacon Blues

Drives: 2024 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolblue67 View Post
So, once the Mobilistic relay is installed, it requires two fobs to start the car.
Also, does the Mobilistic relay remove the remote start feature built into our cars?
Thanks,
Tyrolblue67

I don't have the Mobistic relay yet, so keep that in mind. But as I understand, you'll need two fobs, and it would need to be in this order:

1.) Mobilistics remote - enable the relay
2.) Camaro remote in proximity to push to start as normal

As I understand, because the relay is off until the Mobilistics fob turns it on, it would indeed make remote start impossible. Mine is a manual, so remote start is a moot point, but for those with an automatic, I can understand that this might be a dealbreaker.

Someone with more experience is welcome to correct me on these points...

Edit: I don't think remote start would be impossible, but you'd have to follow the same procedure, enabling the relay with the fob, then using the Chevy fob to remote start the car. The issue is more of a technical limitation in that, as I understand the Mobilistics relay does not have more than 5-10ft range, it's more of a practical problem. It doesn't actually disable the remote start feature in the software or anything like that.

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 02-09-2024 at 12:58 PM.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 03:26 PM   #10
Tyrolblue67

Drives: 2019 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I don't have the Mobistic relay yet, so keep that in mind. But as I understand, you'll need two fobs, and it would need to be in this order:

1.) Mobilistics remote - enable the relay
2.) Camaro remote in proximity to push to start as normal

As I understand, because the relay is off until the Mobilistics fob turns it on, it would indeed make remote start impossible. Mine is a manual, so remote start is a moot point, but for those with an automatic, I can understand that this might be a dealbreaker.

Someone with more experience is welcome to correct me on these points...

Edit: I don't think remote start would be impossible, but you'd have to follow the same procedure, enabling the relay with the fob, then using the Chevy fob to remote start the car. The issue is more of a technical limitation in that, as I understand the Mobilistics relay does not have more than 5-10ft range, it's more of a practical problem. It doesn't actually disable the remote start feature in the software or anything like that.
OK....That makes sense.
Thanks for the explanation.
Tyrolblue67
Tyrolblue67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 04:10 PM   #11
italia366

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Considering picking up this relay myself. I have an OBD port lock, Faraday pouches and GPS tracking already in terms of anti-theft, but i feel like i want at least 1 more layer.

Do you know if this relay cause parasitic draw from the battery? I work from home and dont drive the car that often, so i dont wanna add this relay if it's gonna just drain my battery looking for a signal from the fob
italia366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 04:36 PM   #12
CalgaryZL1

Drives: 2020 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by italia366 View Post
Considering picking up this relay myself. I have an OBD port lock, Faraday pouches and GPS tracking already in terms of anti-theft, but i feel like i want at least 1 more layer.

Do you know if this relay cause parasitic draw from the battery? I work from home and dont drive the car that often, so i dont wanna add this relay if it's gonna just drain my battery looking for a signal from the fob
1amp battery tender will solve that
CalgaryZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 05:15 PM   #13
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrolblue67 View Post
Thanks,
Tyrolblue67
You have to press the START button normally (with foot on brake) to energize the Mobilistics relay and then press the button on the Mobilistics remote to start the car. If I take too long (several seconds) to press the button on the Mobilistics remote then I have to press the START button normally a second time and it starts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by italia366 View Post
It seems unlikely that it could drain the battery any more than the OEM relay. The Mobilistics relay plugs into the socket for the OEM relay. There aren’t any extra connections. It doubt that the car powers up the socket until you energize it by trying to start the car.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2024, 12:13 PM   #14
italia366

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark114 View Post
You have to press the START button normally (with foot on brake) to energize the Mobilistics relay and then press the button on the Mobilistics remote to start the car. If I take too long (several seconds) to press the button on the Mobilistics remote then I have to press the START button normally a second time and it starts.

It seems unlikely that it could drain the battery any more than the OEM relay. The Mobilistics relay plugs into the socket for the OEM relay. There aren’t any extra connections. It doubt that the car powers up the socket until you energize it by trying to start the car.
Yeah the reason I asked is because on the TRX forums they discussed that if installed in the recommended location it did cause a draw. I also reached out to mobilistics and they said the draw is "120mA if coil can be energized without ignition." So the question is do our cars energize the relay prior to the ignition being pressed? I'm not sure so am curious if anyone knows!
italia366 is offline   Reply With Quote