The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 08-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #1
Nate GM
Rand Paul 2016

Drives: Corvette Stingray Z51 2LT
Thumbs down I Tried Another Forum....

I've been really anxious to hear more about the C7 so I decided to explore the internet and try out another forum. After spending about a week over at corvetteforums .com I found out just how pathetic that website is. Here is why...

1. There Are Adds EVERYWHERE
They place adds on the sides, top, bottom and even ones that pop out at you. They even place adds in people's signatures

2. The Fighting
I'm also a member of camaro5.com and therealtechn9ne.com so I understand that there will always be some fighting on forums. But this one just takes it to another level. Almost every thread has people fighting in it. Some threads are actually started just to try to start a fight.

I think a big reason for this is because the site has a section for owners of older corvettes who make their way over to the C7 section just to complain about anything they can find.

3. You Have To Pay
In order to have the same simple features that we enjoy on corvette7, you have to pay a membership fee for on this site. If you want to be a member for life and only pay them once, it costs you $250!!!

4. Terrible Organization
For the C7, they only have one section to post under called "general discussion". Unlike Corvette7, they don't have a section to post about photos, ordering, engines etc.

Having tried out this other site, it really makes me appreciate corvette7.com so much more. Long live corvette7!!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #2
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
C7 is great. And it'd really have an edge against the other forums if Tran posted news like he did when C5 first started.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
Rayo

Drives: 14'Stingray/13'LandRover/12' Harley
Totally agree!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Rayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
C7 is great. And it'd really have an edge against the other forums if Tran posted news like he did when C5 first started.
Look for regular homepage updates going forward

And thanks for the kind words!
Old 08-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #5
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post

Thank you, Tran!

Hopefully Corvette7 will be the Camaro5 of the Corvette world one day.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:54 PM   #6
Hancock

Drives: Blk Z51 NPP J6F Q7T Red Interior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post

This is good to hear. Thanks Tran!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #7
Jed90245
Jed90245

Drives: Camaro Vert 2LT, Black w/ Biege Top
I agree with the OP 100 percent...Thanks Tran...
Jed90245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #8
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
C7! All others
Old 08-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
I just hope C7 doesnt go nazi like C5 moderators did.. banning people because they simply dont like them.. the warning and bans are outrageous.

Has anyone tried Stingrayforums.com
seems good but needs more members.. layout seems like same people that did SRT4 forum and that was the best forum I have ever been on ..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #10
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
I did visit the stingrayforumDOTcom during that period I could not get on this forum and its Camaro parent. Agree with your assessment.

CorvetteBloggerDOTcom is good for up to date news and for well organized historical information. If you want to know what % of each Vette model was yellow each year, that is a good place to look.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #11
GQ4Life

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by laborsmith View Post
I did visit the stingrayforumDOTcom during that period I could not get on this forum and its Camaro parent. Agree with your assessment.

CorvetteBloggerDOTcom is good for up to date news and for well organized historical information. If you want to know what % of each Vette model was yellow each year, that is a good place to look.

Laborsmith
read some there articles thru other links but I got check out corvetteblogger for news.. curious on color choices now LoL..
2015 Corvette Z06.. Lime Rock Park 1:01; Watkins Glen 2:14; Thompson Speedway 1:21
GQ4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #12
New C7

Drives: 2014 Corvette Coupe
That forum is just about money. The sponsors can get members banned for the smallest reason. I was banned because they claimed I was selling without paying $275/mo vendor fee, which I wasn't. Some vendors post extremely misleading info to sell their products and moderators let them do it. When a member calls them out, the post gets cut and the member get banned. Ads and pop up very irritating.

The C7 section is full of trolls and guys slamming the C7 because they say its overweight, under powered, and ugly. Mainly because they love their C6 which is fine, but if they like the C6 so much, why are they on the C7 forum?
New C7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 04:47 PM   #13
laborsmith

Drives: 1969 Corvair, 2018 Camaro T4 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by New C7 View Post

The C7 section is full of trolls and guys slamming the C7 because they say its overweight, under powered, and ugly. Mainly because they love their C6 which is fine, but if they like the C6 so much, why are they on the C7 forum?
Similar posts were placed during the introduction of the C6.

If the internet had been as accessible, then the same would have happened when the C4 came on the scene. But since it wasn't, the magazines had to fill the void, and that void was certainly filled.

C7 is oriented toward people interested in and many buying the new Stingray where the site originally referenced is oriented toward those interested in and already possessing C6 and/or earlier versions.

Corvette7 has BeckyD and the Corvette Forum has GM'er.

I did avoid posting on the Corvete Forum until I thought I was banned from here. I could not access the site for so long while I could access other sites, but no one told me I was banned and so perhaps I was not. Eventually I could access this site, so for better or worse, here I am.

Laborsmith
laborsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #14
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQ4Life View Post
I just hope C7 doesnt go nazi like C5 moderators did.. banning people because they simply dont like them.. the warning and bans are outrageous.

Has anyone tried Stingrayforums.com
seems good but needs more members.. layout seems like same people that did SRT4 forum and that was the best forum I have ever been on ..
The Camaro5 moderators are the moderators of Corvette7 too.